The Student Room Group

Whats the best way to smell good as a guy?

I'm looking for fragrances, deodrants, shower gels etc that smell great. I love the smell of this (link) on girls but would it be gay if I used it? Would prefer the input of girls but all recommendations are welcome. Something's thats not exorbitantly priced and not too much of a hassle to get.

http://www.superdrug.com/Hair/Shampoos/Everyday-Shampoo/Alberto-Balsam-Shampoo-Sun-Kissed-Raspberry-400ml/p/326355

Scroll to see replies

Raspberry? :K:

umm...
Original post by tammie123
Raspberry? :K:

umm...

So thats an emphatic no?
Reply 3
Original post by Concrete_Angel
I'm looking for fragrances, deodrants, shower gels etc that smell great. I love the smell of this (link) on girls but would it be gay if I used it? Would prefer the input of girls but all recommendations are welcome. Something's thats not exorbitantly priced and not too much of a hassle to get.

http://www.superdrug.com/Hair/Shampoos/Everyday-Shampoo/Alberto-Balsam-Shampoo-Sun-Kissed-Raspberry-400ml/p/326355

Ease of the homophobia..

It just makes you look stupid and irrational..

Why rob your body of the natural scent that is full of pheromones that can drive a woman mad?

The smell of a real man turns women and guys on more than expensive aftershave..
I prefer apple smell for the hair, just on anybody in general.

Deodorant (In all the needed areas)

And this Itar called Haramain Oudi, or something. It is kinda expensive but you hardly need any and it smells so good imo. I do rarely use it though tbh

Original post by Kasa
Ease of the homophobia..

Why rob your body of the natural scent that is full of pheromones that can drive a woman mad?

The smell of a real man turns women and guys on more than expensive aftershave..

any evidence for this? (aside from Brainiac which is fake)

I'm sure not many women would want to be near me after I had a gym session, cos believe me I stink (even if I put on large amounts of deodorant beforehand)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kasa
Ease of the homophobia..

How is that homophobic? I wanted to know whether women would find it attractive or is that sort of smell only attractive to men...as me using it would then be gay. Pretty sure thats the definition of gay, I didnt say it in an offensive manner :rolleyes:

Cause I've seen the reactions I get when I smell good, pheromones evidently do nothing to 'drive women mad'
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mubariz
I prefer apple smell for the hair, just on anybody in general.

Deodorant (In all the needed areas)

And this Itar called Haramain Oudi, or something. It is kinda expensive but you hardly need any and it smells so good imo. I do rarely use it though tbh

any evidence for this? (aside from Brainiac which is fake)

I'm sure not many women would want to be near me after I had a gym session, cos believe me I stink (even if I put on large amounts of deodorant beforehand)

How is that homophobic? I wanted to know whether women would find it attractive or is that sort of smell only attractive to men...as me using it would then be gay. Pretty sure thats the definition of gay, I didnt say it in an offensive manner :rolleyes:

Cause I've seen the reactions I get when I smell good, pheromones evidently do nothing to 'drive women wild'

Not sure if this is a silly cultural fallacy or not, but I've heard that gay/bi guys are aroused by fruity smells on other guys. I wouldn't want to be wearing anything that smelled of apples, raspberries or any other fruits as a straight guy. I have no incentive to attract other guys as I'm not attracted to them.
Original post by kaidan_alenko
Not sure if this is a silly cultural fallacy or not, but I've heard that gay/bi guys are aroused by fruity smells on other guys. I wouldn't want to be wearing anything that smelled of apples, raspberries or any other fruits as a straight guy. I have no incentive to attract other guys as I'm not attracted to them.

If this was a major turn on for gay/bi guys I would have to think about it, but so long as it attracts women as well I would continue to use it. Turning down people isn't so hard when you're in a safe environment :cool:
wash your hair and body every day, clean your teeth before leaving the house, use deodorant. Its not difficult.
Reply 9

Not worrying about things being 'gay' would be a good start. Simplify things.

Myself, I use a Versace aftershave over a no-scent deodrant.

Everyone and every scent is different.

I use 2 or 3 sprays. One between the collar bones, one on the non-watching wearing wrist, and sometimes once on the neck.

Seriously though, any decent cologne will do well and get you going when applied properly and rocked with confidence.
Find a fragrance you like and use sparingly. I'm trying Ralph Lauren Red at the moment, that's rather a nice smell. My regular go-to scent when I'm going out anywhere is BOSS Cologne. :smile:
Reply 11
Sanex pro hydrate for shower gel
Right guard green 48h for deodorant. That does the trick.

If you want a smell that's strong and very long. Use some aftershave.
Original post by cole-slaw
wash your hair and body every day, clean your teeth before leaving the house, use deodorant. Its not difficult.

This.

Also get sugar free chewing gum or airwaves blue if you're going out somewhere to eat.
(edited 9 years ago)

My first girlfriend bought me 'Fuel For Life' by Diesel in 2010, and despite my reservations I must confess that no scent before or since has elicited such unqualified praise from the opposite sex.

It's tinged with raspberry, mind, but for circa £30 you could do worse.
Reply 13
Original post by Kasa
Ease of the homophobia..

Shut the fuсk up with all the "that's homophobic!" already. Nobody is insulting gay people, we dont care! Buy in case you didn't realise feminine traits on a man WILL make them appear as gay.

Yes I would avoid this although you like it.
Original post by benzos
Shut the fuсk up with all the "that's homophobic!" already. Nobody is insulting gay people, we dont care! Buy in case you didn't realise feminine traits on a man WILL make them appear as gay.

Yes I would avoid this although you like it.

When you use "that's gay" in a way that insinuates that's somehow a bad thing or you use it in a derogatory way then yes, it is homophobic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wear 1 Million aftershave. Its the nicest smelling thing ever :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Daily shower + Good deodorant + perfrume (Boss black or Armani code)
Original post by Yasmin25
Wear 1 Million aftershave. Its the nicest smelling thing ever :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

so generic
Paco Rabanne- Invictus

It's the only spray i use! trust me the ladies love it :wink: it smells like strawberries
Jesus Christ.the guy said something would be gay. It's not the end of the world. It's barely even homophobia.and I'm sure many of the people pointing it out have said something similar at one point in their lives.At the very least I'm sure you each hang out with someone who has said it once, and I doubt you called them out on it. So many people on this forum make a situation about nothing.

back on topic. I use un scented shower gels, such as Sanex Zero or Dove/Nivea for men.
dove or sure deodorant. Not one that smells too much, just to stop excess sweat and have a fresh smell. If I'm going somewhere important, I'll wear an aftershave that's musky and powerful. For a normal day I'll probably just use something from the body shop and not apply much at all. You don't need to do much to smell good tbh. Just shower properly. Appearance is much more important than aftershave IMO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending