The Student Room Group

I'm A Convert To Islam - Ask Me Anything.

Scroll to see replies

How do people react when you tell them you're a Muslim? Any funny reactions?

When you first converted did you find it a bit overwhelming or was it a relief to finally be a Muslim? Or a bit of both? :tongue:
Original post by Ankabout
Try to attempt and NO CHEATING. :biggrin:

I think we are actually on about the 4 pillars for losing faith which are:

1) having a brain
2) sense of morality
3) being intellectually curious
4) empathy for harmless sinners
Original post by ExMus

1) having a brain
2) sense of morality

Physically all humans have brains. :lol: I give you 5/10 if that's worth anything lol.
Original post by themorninglight
How do people react when you tell them you're a Muslim? Any funny reactions?
Lol most people are shocked or confused. Some find it interesting such as my roommates at uni you were shocked but proper interested in why. The most funniest tbh are the Muslims. Walk into the Mosque and always find someone who is proper confused and must be thinking im lost. But there is a sort of amazement and buzzingness in there heart when i see "AsalamuAlaikum" They get blown away and are really friendly. So yeah you get a bit of everything. Mainly people are cool and opens up opportunities for Dawah.
When you first converted did you find it a bit overwhelming or was it a relief to finally be a Muslim? Or a bit of both? :tongue:
hmmm.. I need to think on that.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Changes all the time sis. Whenever I read a new Surah suddenly becomes my favourite. Was Surah Rahmah, Then Isra, Then maryam, now currently its Surah Taha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpoDsLUq9p4

Wow that's a really nice channel. Thank you for sharing. :smile:
Reply 25
How long has it been since you have converted? :smile:
Original post by Rosie786
How long has it been since you have converted? :smile:
23 months.
Are you fasting? If so, what have you had for suhoor? :colone:
Original post by Biryani007
lol haha dont worry sis. All full here. ;E
Original post by Biryani007
Pasta and Powerade. #RandomCombo
Lol most people are shocked or confused. Some find it interesting such as my roommates at uni you were shocked but proper interested in why. The most funniest tbh are the Muslims. Walk into the Mosque and always find someone who is proper confused and must be thinking im lost. But there is a sort of amazement and buzzingness in there heart when i see "AsalamuAlaikum" They get blown away and are really friendly. So yeah you get a bit of everything. Mainly people are cool and opens up opportunities for Dawah.hmmm.. I need to think on that.

Awww. I can imagine! It's always nice seeing converts at the masjid :smile:

More Qs!

How has your life changed since becoming Muslim?
Do you plan to pick a new Muslim name in the future? If so, to what?
If you had children what would you name them?
Original post by ExMus

1) having a brain
2) sense of morality

Can you elaborate on 2 please.

Do you mean to say that the individual who loses faith takes a shift in adopting another form of morality or?
Physically all humans have brains. :lol: I give you 5/10 if that's worth anything lol.

I'll take what i can get, thanks! (:
lol haha dont worry sis. All full here. ;E

Pasta and Powerade. #RandomCombo

Looool hmm I'm random like that too...rice and cake :lol:
Wow that's a really nice channel. Thank you for sharing. :smile:

Best Qur'an channel on YouTube imo. I love it because it has the Arabic on the screen as well as the translation, and plus it has all my fave reciters too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Stacey
Can you elaborate on 2 please.

Do you mean to say that the individual who loses faith takes a shift in adopting another form of morality or?

I mean to say to lose faith, one must adopt a sense of morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong.
Original post by ExMus
I mean to say to lose faith, one must adopt a sense of morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong.

And yet we have "civilized societies" dropping bombs and harming other humans killing children e.g. Gaza. Apparently not even non-Muslims have a "sense of morality".
Original post by themorninglight
Awww. I can imagine! It's always nice seeing converts at the masjid :smile:More Qs!How has your life changed since becoming Muslim?
Man thats a massive question. But an answer in short. I cant think of a single aspect of my life that hasn't improved. Im sat trying to think but so many things come to my mind I don't even know where to start, Just Alhamdulillah is all I can say.
Do you plan to pick a new Muslim name in the future? If so, to what?
Not really sure on a name yet. Still firing ideas around. Hit me with any recommendations.
If you had children what would you name them?
Well id have to consult with my wife first :smile: but so far ive got, Rafa, Elaina and Fatimah. :colondollar:
Original post by ExMus
Sounds like the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad SAW there :colone: http://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/78/163
Surpirsed there hasn't been more Muslim hatred here as TSR seems quite anti-Muslim to me, but Alhamdulillah always good to see new reverts. Was Islam the only religion you studied before reverting or did you study other religions as well? Also what attracted you to Islam the most and got you intrigued about Islam that you chose to study it?

Quick Reply