The Student Room Group

I'm A Convert To Islam - Ask Me Anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExMus
I mean to say to lose faith, one must adopt a sense of morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong.

For a person to keep their faith, and to also have a sense of morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong, is not contradictory.

Therefore it is perfectly possible that there exists people who have kept their faith and have adopted the morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong.
Seems like I'm now free on the 19th - work shift got changed.

Can finally come to an event which you've invited me to now lol :laugh: Still room at that charity iftar meal for one more ? :biggrin:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Seems like I'm now free on the 19th - work shift got changed. Can finally come to an event which you've invited me to now lol :laugh: Still room at that charity iftar meal for one more ? :biggrin:
Alhamdulillah definetly man. Will talk more on facebook
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Man thats a massive question. But an answer in short. I cant think of a single aspect of my life that hasn't improved. Im sat trying to think but so many things come to my mind I don't even know where to start, Just Alhamdulillah is all I can say. Not really sure on a name yet. Still firing ideas around. Hit me with any recommendations.Well id have to consult with my wife first :smile: but so far ive got, Rafa, Elaina and Fatimah. :colondollar:

Haha I know that's a biggie (sorry!) I just thought you'd give one vague area of your life that's improved. Alhamdulilah it's changed you a lot then! & those are really nice names mA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your favourite part of being a Muslim?

Have you ever had doubts? Reconsidered your decision to becoming a Muslim?
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Alhamdulillah definetly man. Will talk more on facebook

Cool, just inbox me details and stuff whenever you're free :h:
Original post by Ankabout
And yet we have "civilized societies" dropping bombs and harming other humans killing children e.g. Gaza. Apparently not even non-Muslims have a "sense of morality".

Never said all non-Muslims have a sense of morality. The 4 pillars thingy was just humour, you know.
Original post by Ankabout
Apparently not even non-Muslims have a "sense of morality".

That will be because a person's faith doesn't determine whether or not they have a sense of morality :smile:
Original post by Mr Stacey
For a person to keep their faith, and to also have a sense of morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong, is not contradictory.

Therefore it is perfectly possible that there exists people who have kept their faith and have adopted the morality which considers harm to other human beings as wrong.

It was a joke. There is no four pillars to lose faith thingy going on.
Original post by Jooooshy
That will be because a person's faith doesn't determine whether or not they have a sense of morality :smile:

This.
Original post by ExMus
Never said all non-Muslims have a sense of morality. The 4 pillars thingy was just humour, you know.

Yeah I got that but the part you said afterwards about "sense of morality" and "harming other human beings" struck me. You are entitled to your opinion of course.
Original post by Jooooshy

What I would say is that a person's faith can determine what type of morality they have.
We can all obviously agree that those who have faith believe that killing is wrong.. Guaranteed...
But for instance Muslims do not eat pork and those who are jewish do not eat things with cloven hooves...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 52
How old are you now?
How old were you when you were first awakened to the idea or possibility of God?
How has Islam impacted your familial and friend relationships?
Reply 53
Original post by james22
Do you think that, under an Islamic government, people who ridicule Islam should be punished (or even exectued)?

I'm only asking this because some muslims on this forum do think that.

Name and Shame Lad.
Reply 54
Original post by hassan1995arain
Surpirsed there hasn't been more Muslim hatred here as TSR seems quite anti-Muslim to me, but Alhamdulillah always good to see new reverts. Was Islam the only religion you studied before reverting or did you study other religions as well? Also what attracted you to Islam the most and got you intrigued about Islam that you chose to study it?

Cause they know they can't mess with TMG :tongue:

Original post by IdeasForLife
Seems like I'm now free on the 19th - work shift got changed.

Can finally come to an event which you've invited me to now lol :laugh: Still room at that charity iftar meal for one more ? :biggrin:

Where'd you work?
Reply 55
Alhamdulillah bro this is great to see 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
As for Questions:

Have you got a Six Pack?
What football team do you support?
Did you lose weight or gain weight in Ramadan?
Do you like dogs?
How tall are you?
Do you watch Pokemon? If so who is your fav Pokemon?
Who are you backing for the WC final?
What do you intend to do after Uni?
Do you play football?
What car do you have?
How many push ups can you do?
What grades did you get at Uni?
How much money do you have in the bank?
What's the weirdest thing you've done?
Who is your best friend on TSR?
Do you accept human evolution?

Do you believe that stars and shooting stars are missiles to drive Jinni away?

Are you married?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
You say you were an atheist.
Was the appeal of Islam based on a longer process or a decision?
Was it the heaven/hell dilemma or the spiritual aspect? What was the decisive factor?
Reply 59
I'd urge you not to, but God bless nonetheless

[video="youtube;ERou_Q5l9Gw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw#t=26[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest