The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Waiting for my AS levels on the 14th, I'm so nervous :frown:

Hoping for: AAAB

Expecting: BBCD (I'm setting my expectations for the day alone low so that I can soften the blow if they're bad)

Fingers crossed. I'm probably going to rip it open and then have a panic attack for a few hours regardless of the results. For my GCSE's, I was so disappointed in one grade that I completely ignored the fact I got two grades higher than predicted in another subject.

I think I'm going to read them online before I collect them so I can collect myself.
(edited 9 years ago)
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAAAA

What are you expecting? AAABC

How will you open them? I'll read them on Schoolbase at 6AM when my school posts them up, then if they're good I'll go into school

How will you celebrate / react? If they're good enough for Cambridge, I will dance. If not, I will curl up into a ball.
Reply 142
AS

What Im hoping for: AAAB

What Im Expecting- Worst case scenario: BBCC
C in maths because core2 exam was a bitch.

How I will open them: Im literally going to look at the results and then either celebrate or walk past everyone and go home back under my duvet.

How I will react: My teachers expect me to get CCDD so first things first Im going to go up to them and rub it in their face. They think Im going to flop because apparently I have too much fun in class! But on a serious note I will be catching the next flight to Africa if I do flop.
Reply 143
Original post by EllainKahlo

Expecting: BBCD (I'm setting my expectations for the day alone low so that I can soften the blow if they're bad)

Fingers crossed. I'm probably going to rip it open and then have a panic attack for a few hours regardless of the results. For my GCSE's, I was so disappointed in one grade that I completely ignored the fact I got two grades higher than predicted in another subject.

I think I'm going to read them online before I collect them so I can collect myself.

How come you get to read them online? is this just your school?:rolleyes:
Original post by EllainKahlo

How can you view them online for AS results?
Original post by paradoxicalme
AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AAAAA

What are you expecting? AAABC

How will you open them? I'll read them on Schoolbase at 6AM when my school posts them up, then if they're good I'll go into school

How will you celebrate / react? If they're good enough for Cambridge, I will dance. If not, I will curl up into a ball.

Very similar to me: done 5 AS levels, hoping for AAAAA and apprehensively waiting to see if the UMS marks will make for good reading in Cambridge's admission office. What are you wanting to study?
Original post by The Room Student
Very similar to me: done 5 AS levels, hoping for AAAAA and apprehensively waiting to see if the UMS marks will make for good reading in Cambridge's admission office. What are you wanting to study?

Good luck with it :smile: I am hoping to study English Literature. :biggrin:
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Oh gosh, I hated chemistry F325, it was an awful paper, that seemed worse the longer I thought about it :frown: and thanks, I am sure you will do well too, I am dentistry too, hooraay! I think missing an offer is gonna be so terrible, cause I know how lucky I am to have got one :/

Fingers crossed we get there! I've firmed Cardiff and really, really, really want to go there! Where have you firmed?
Original post by AmyAintDead
Fingers crossed we get there! I've firmed Cardiff and really, really, really want to go there! Where have you firmed?

Firmed Birmingham, my only offer :frown: The pressure is insane.
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Firmed Birmingham, my only offer :frown: The pressure is insane.

Well, it's too late now, all we can do is hope our examiners are feeling nice and try to enjoy our summer, as hard as it is! Good luck with Birmingham, I know a 2nd going on 3rd year dental student who's there and she loves it!
Reply 150
I will probably cry, although mine will get sent home because I will be on holiday and I am doing a gap year so I will be clue less.

Dream: AAB

Expecting ABB or BBB

OCR screwed me over nicely with the sciences.
Reply 151

A2

Anything above D, Distinction * in IT

History to Flop, I hate Nazi Germany

With the lowest standard possible so it doesn't hit too hard

Ring parents, talk to my best mate then go to pub to either celebrate or drink away my problems. Probably the latter if I'm honest.

Reply 152
just open it as normal,i will never cry
AS or A2 results?
AS

What are you hoping for?
AAAB

What are you expecting?
AABC

How will you open them?
In school, quietly in a corner by myself and hoping that I don't get that dropping feeling in my stomach :'(

How will you celebrate / react?
I'd probably cry if I did badly, but I'd wait until I got to my car and then let the waterworks flow :'(. If I didn't do as well as I could have, I would just avoid everyone in school, like, even my friends.

But, hoping that things go well and I manage to some how get AAAB, I'll probably jump up and down and be on Facebook and being a happy bunny and giving hugs and kissing people on the forehead. And I'd give all my teachers hugs and probably cry haha

Good luck everyone! :smile:

x
Original post by davidtyoember
AS or A2?

A2

What are you hoping for?

A*A*A*A*

What are you Expecting?

A*A*AA

How will you open them?

calmly, a small amount of anticipation, but not much.

How will you celebrate/react?

Either way good or bad, I'll probably just read through it and be done with it. Go home and make some A Level Science Videos.

Wow, nice: which 4 did you carry on? I'm thinking of dropping 2 next year.
AS or A2 results?
AS

What are you hoping for?
AAAA

What are you expecting?
AAAA

How will you open them?
Probably with my friends and then celebrate if all is good, sulk and go into a corner if all is not well.

How will you celebrate / react?

Celebratory music is in need, Toto Africa springs to mind. If my results aren't that great, then music is again needed to set the mood; My immortal - Evanescence.
A2

Hoping for A*A*AA but expecting A*AAA

I will probably open with some friends at the same time and then depending on results I'd either run in excitement, celebrate and wait for others to get their results, or be happy that I've got into uni with AAB anyway. XD
When I get home I'll have a music party and then at night there's a party and then clubs to go to for the first time.
On the offchance I get BBBB I would actually cry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MeeranB
A2

Hoping for: A*A*A

Expecting: A*AA

I will open them:
I told my mates I'd chug 10 red bulls before opening my results, just for the bants, and I'll be opening them in college, or in front of a camera so I can record my reaction, because if I get either my expected or hoped for results, it'd be absolutely insane, so I'm not afraid of doing so bad that I'm upset or don't want people to see.

I will react
: I'll probably be bouncing off the flippin' walls because of all that redbull, and just generally being really hyped and happy, also, if I get A*A*A, I'll probably try calling up Imperial to see if they have an adjustment place in Computer Science, but if they don't, I'll just hang up and continue being pumped over this results shiet, because going to durham for comp sci is still HUUUUUGEEEE.

They won't have an Adjustment place in CompSci as it's really popular but well done on Durham.

Hoping for: A*A*AA
Expecting: A*A*AB/A*AAB/A*A*BB/A*ABB (praying that it's not any of the last two and hopefully not the second - last two would mean that I'd go to Clearing and the second would mean that I'd go to my insurance, UCL...) A*A*AB would at least give me a minute chance of begging Imperial and being accepted by missing my offer...;;
AS, prospective computer science student:

Hoping for AAA, expecting either AAB or ABB :|

If I get AAA with >93% avg in Maths then I'll sit AS FM next year and apply to Oxford.

If I get AA + a high B then I'll plea for AAA predictions and apply to Edinburgh and Durham

If I get anything else, I might cry.
Original post by uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
i'll do a backflip 360 onto a skateboard, do a kickflip to 50/50 along a desk, snatch my results envelope, heelflip into a wood cutting machine which will sharpen my skateboard into a razor sharp knife, which i will then kick against the wall which will bounce back and slice my envelope open.

Literally same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest