The Student Room Group

Do you think I can model?

Hello, 20 year old guy here, struggling with college debts.

Here is a picture for reference. I am 6'1.

Scroll to see replies

We meet again :hi:

Tbh you probably can
You probably could book a job or two as you have great bone structure, but modelling is extremely competitive and it won't be easy. it's not as easy as it looks and it takes a lot of time, work and effort to start booking enough jobs to earn you very much money.
Original post by SophieSmall
You probably could book a job or two as you have great bone structure, but modelling is extremely competitive and it won't be easy. it's not as easy as it looks and it takes a lot of time, work and effort to start booking enough jobs to earn you very much money.

Yeah basically this. You're gonna need to work basically for a model hire company.
Oh also not to mention it is unlikely anyone would book you without seeing a photographic portfolio first...and they cost money unless you have any professional photographer friends.
You're certainly good looking.
If cara can make it, then hopefully you can too.
Original post by SophieSmall

This. I model and it's not really a career unless you make it big. Fun to do though
Reply 7
You can give a try for modeling but in modeling world there is lot of tough competition so, taking modeling as part time activity you can do it.
Reply 8
Original post by Nurein
You can give a try for modeling but in modeling world there is lot of tough competition so, taking modeling as part time activity you can do it.

is it a decent source of cash for somebody used to working minimum wage?
Original post by Verbalism

You look like Cillian Murphy

is it a decent source of cash for somebody used to working minimum wage?

It could be a nice boost of income every now and again but definitely don't quit your day job because there is no security in modelling and you are never guaranteed anything.
compile a professional modelling portfolio for yourself and go out there and try out at all the modeling agencies you can find.

If you're successful then you can definitely be a model. If not, then keep trying because from your pic you do have modelling potential.

But also keep your current job because in this world you need a consistent financial flow which is hard to gain as a model.

Remember: personality, style, and modelling skills are as important as looks.

aren't you from puahate?

dantino?

lol OP been outed
(edited 9 years ago)
lmao dantino from puahate is back

you look like a cereal killer bro srs
Reply 14
I'd say you have potential - how are you with a beard? As that's the "in" thing right now.

One way to go about it is to grow a following online. Use the internet to get free shoots with up & coming photographers, build a following (ie, on Tumblr, of horny teens reblogging your pics) and a portfolio, network like a madman and go to as many castings as you can.
Original post by Aku-gila
You look like Cillian Murphy

I said that
Reply 16
We could tell you the truth if:

A) you put up more than 1 photo.

B) you didn't edit the photos.
dantino you look like the guy who plays hannibal lecter in the tv show i forgot his name
Original post by Greg Jackson
dantino you look like the guy who plays hannibal lecter in the tv show i forgot his name

mads mikkelsen :smile: he's plays Hannibal
i could cut myself on those cheekbones

Quick Reply

Latest