Accommodation

Carlton Hill or Mill Street? :confused:
Reply 1
Im going to carlton hill, it looks nice, not a bad price either :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Yeah its looks a nice place, I've chose that 😃 can't wait for it now but there's still a while to go yet 😞 x
Reply 3
I wish the move in date wasn't so late, that's probably my only issue! x
Aww where abouts are you coming from?
Reply 5
The north, near Newcastle. Youu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh right, im from near Leeds :smile: x
Reply 7
Ohh nice! Ive only been to leeds twice so im terrified aha, I know im going to get lost :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awww you'll be fine it's easy to get around, saying that I'll probs get lost aswell Hahahaa, do you know anyone else thats going to that uni or you gunna be all by yourself? X
Reply 9
Just me,I know a couple of people from my college going to leeds but no one I really speak to. Im excited to make new friends though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeahh same :smile: should be good :biggrin: want it to just hurry up now :frown: what are you going to be studying? xx
Reply 11
Yeahh im scared for results day though! And psychology :smile: you? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same, I'm doing criminology and psychology joint :smile: xx
Reply 13
Nice! I just realised I think I've commented on your post on facebook a couple days ago aha! Small world, I'm Sheridan! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaaa I didn't realise either, add me on Facebook :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hello all,

I am from Pakistan, beginning this Sep at Leeds Met City Campus for an Master in Public Health- Health Promotion.

I'm very very confused about accommodation. I am a Commonwealth Shared Scholar so as such the Uni is my guarantor for any accommodation I choose. I will be provided a stipend monthly and can only pay for accommodation monthly.

I chose Liberty Park ensuites as my first choice but the Uni insists i change to Opal 1/2 as its easier for them to arrange for monthly payments for me there as opposed to Liberty Park.

I've been trawling TRS religiously and have come across mixed reviews for the Opals and next to nothing about Liberty Park. Which makes me nervous.

Can anyone suggest something for me? Not just Opal or LP but generally which accommodation to go for?

NON-COMPROMISABLE
Ensuite - I CANNOT share my washroom. Even if it's dinky its fine because I dont clean my washroom at home (princess, much?) so it'll be less work for me generally, but no sharing.

Heat and Light Included- This is my first time living away from home so I would prefer to not be fighting over bills and freezing in the cold over unpaid heating.

HIGHLY PREFERRED
Short Walk to Campus - Nobody really walks to places here in Pak (upto 50 degree heat in the Summers) so can't say I'm used to long walks and can't say I can't get used to it either. But would prefer a short distance for that 9Am lecture. The closest I have seen are Carlton House, LP and the Opals

Diversity - Being and international student myself, I'd like to meet people from international backgrounds as well. So weird food and different languages is a plus :P I am pretty social in that I like to go out at least 4 times a week (is it even quantifiable?)

No Fresher Noise - Being as it is a postgrad and an 89-year old when it comes to dealing with "the young" I don't think I'd appreciate noise till 7 Am in the morning. Would prefer to be housed with other postgrads.

Laundry - Again a novelty for me is washing my own clothes so prefer not to sell my body to afford the cleaners and just be able to do it on my own.
I stayed in carlton hill for my first year and absolutely loved it! Mill street is also nice but Carlton hill is more homely and is right in the city centre, walking distance from everywhere in the city centre.

I had an amazing year there and was very well looked after!
Original post by kellymahomet123
Same, I'm doing criminology and psychology joint :smile: xx

Hello, I'm studying criminology and also staying in Carlton Hill- grades depending! Hopefully see you in September :smile:
Original post by ilanahoff_
Hello, I'm studying criminology and also staying in Carlton Hill- grades depending! Hopefully see you in September :smile:

Yeyyy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending