The Student Room Group

How to deal with jealous friends?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChickenMadness
lmao. :rolleyes:

You're one of those medic students. No wonder he blocked you.

edit: Just read through the thread. You sound like a clingy teenage girl lmao.

I'm not one of "those" anything. I'm one of a kind and nobody has ever described me as brash, I'm cringing a little in my mouth atm. I actually helped him quite a lot back in school and A-levels. I feel used.

A teenage girl? Because I value friendships and don't take them for granted? You have clearly never experienced close friendships never mind having someone you can call a best friend. I aware my emotions on my sleeves and I'm a genuine person, nothing about me is high-maintenance or clingy.

I may pay him a visit next week down his house. I'm friendly with his parents so I'll make any excuse about visiting them. I feel emotionally raped right now.
Original post by ChickenMadness
For sure it sounds like OP is high maintenance and arrogant. Possibly the emotional leech in the friendship. I suspect thats why his friend bailed. Probably couldn't stand it anymore.

Probably is...I don't know the facts. But if it happened like the way op described it, the friend is a bit weird
I felt a gay vibe in this thread from the Get Go.
Original post by Old_Simon
I felt a gay vibe in this thread from the Get Go.

Why?

Guys can't be friends?
Original post by Ben_Dover
Probably is...I don't know the facts. But if it happened like the way op described it, the friend is a bit weird

fu you don't know me
Original post by Anonymous
A month ago my best friend stopped talking to me altogether and deleted me off all his social media. I don't know why, I tried calling and texting him but he never responded. I know where he lives so I could confront him now since I'm back in my home town where he still lives.

Should I?

I just feel robbed for all those years I invested in this friendship, I confided in him the most and he confided me in as well.

I go through cycles of hating him then forgiving him and it's a viscious circle right now. A part of me will always hate him for treating me like this but a part of me wants to forgive him and possibly even forget him and become bffs again.

I don't know, I feel like I'm being a door mat.

I don't know what I did wrong to him. I just know that he has cut me out.

I suspect he is jealous of me, he's always been second best to me. Though I never rubbed it in his face. I have a good degree (medicine) and he's doing some bogus course with terrible job prospects yet I always supported him when other people (including his own family) were putting him down.

I just feel betrayed and hurt. :cry:

Why jumping to conclusions that he is jealous of you, I suspect it is you that is jealous.....
Original post by ridwan12
Why jumping to conclusions that he is jealous of you, I suspect it is you that is jealous.....

I cannot for the life of me think of anything else to explain his behaviour towards me.
Why would I be jealous of him? I don't think he has anything for me to be jealous of but will brain storm a few things when I have time.
What advice?

You told me to basically switch off my emotions akin to some robot, perhaps you can, I however cannot do that. Perhaps it may be easier for someone with an aloof (read: psychopathic) demeanour. :confused:

You're failing to discern genuine feelings of friendship, that is, missing him and craving closure for a 8-year strong friendship. It's evident by now that you have no clue on how the most basic relationships work never mind distinguishing love from friendship maybe it's because you've never had that and as a result you don't know how it feels to have a homie.

The poster was only trying to help. No need to insult her.
I cannot for the life of me think of anything else to explain his behaviour towards me.
Why would I be jealous of him? I don't think he has anything for me to be jealous of but will brain storm a few things when I have time.

It's probably your attitude.

I mean the opening post sounded to me like you were a bit of a douche and one of those "medic" students that thinks the world revolves around them.

You can't force someone to be friends with you. You have to move on....

I mean seriously you're a guy calling him your BFF, c'mon now.
The poster was only trying to help. No need to insult her.

Are you going to offer advice or just play the white knight?
It's probably your attitude.

I mean the opening post sounded to me like you were a bit of a douche and one of those "medic" students that thinks the world revolves around them.

You can't force someone to be friends with you. You have to move on....

I mean seriously you're a guy calling him your BFF, c'mon now.

What? Why can't guys have bffs? I grew up with this guy and I have always been there for him and he has been there for me. It was not a superficial friendship we even spoke everyday or at least texted and kept in touch through a lot of things in both my life and his.

I'm finding it hard to make new friends because I feel like I will be used and hurt again.
fu you don't know me

You piece of **** I took an objective view there and supported you if the facts were the way you described them.

Looks like you're the weird one and your friend is right to avoid you
You piece of **** I took an objective view there and supported you if the facts were the way you described them.

Looks like you're the weird one and your friend is right to avoid you

Your name should have been a dead give away. Troll.
Your name should have been a dead give away. Troll.

Go away weirdo. I really hope your friend never speaks to you again. People like you should be kept away from civilisation. Seems to me you are jealous of your friend
What? Why can't guys have bffs? I grew up with this guy and I have always been there for him and he has been there for me. It was not a superficial friendship we even spoke everyday or at least texted and kept in touch through a lot of things in both my life and his.

I'm finding it hard to make new friends because I feel like I will be used and hurt again.

Seriously how has he hurt you. You sound clingy, and this is probably due to your BFF relationship.

Have you never thought your friend feels the same. You have moved away and he is likely trying to move on from you as your not around.

Seriously listen to yourself: me, me, me and me.

Seriously how has he hurt you. You sound clingy, and this is probably due to your BFF relationship.

Have you never thought your friend feels the same. You have moved away and he is likely trying to move on from you as your not around.

Seriously listen to yourself: me, me, me and me.

Why are people on TSR so unhelpful?

I have known him for almost a decade and we've kept contact even when I moved away that's like 3 years ago. So why would he even bother. I've spent birthdays with him bought him gifts and he has done the same with my brithdays. We've shared what feel a life time together.

Before he deleted me off his social media we spoke the night before. I just cannot recall that conversation but it was nothing good or bad or serious from what I can recall. My point is it's not something that has been happening over a period of time. It happened overnight.
Go away weirdo. I really hope your friend never speaks to you again. People like you should be kept away from civilisation. Seems to me you are jealous of your friend

Trolls gonna troll

I have known him for almost a decade and we've kept contact even when I moved away that's like 3 years ago. So why would he even bother. I've spent birthdays with him bought him gifts and he has done the same with my brithdays. We've shared what feel a life time together.

Before he deleted me off his social media we spoke the night before. I just cannot recall that conversation but it was nothing good or bad or serious from what I can recall. My point is it's not something that has been happening over a period of time. It happened overnight.

This is definitely some type of Brokeback Mountain love drama going on.

Again me, me , me and me.

Have you thought about how he is feeling why he did this. Even if he is jealous do you have no sympathy for him.

Only way to find out is if you ask him :biggrin:. I suspect you would have if you weren't looking for attention.
Again me, me , me and me.

Have you thought about how he is feeling why he did this. Even if he is jealous do you have no sympathy for him.

Only way to find out is if you ask him :biggrin:. I suspect you would have if you weren't looking for attention.

I don't know how he is feeling since he cut me out. I'm not a mind reader. Even if I did something wrong the least he could do is tell me to give me the chance to apologise. Ignoring me like this is not how you treat a close friend. This is why I at first thought it was ALL my fault then I thought about it some more and realised that all the problems seem to stem from him. At this point I don't want that friendship back I just want to know why, I want closure.

So you think I should ask him?

The only way I can think of confronting him is going to his house. Do you reckon this is a good idea?

I've been to his house before and I'm really friendly with his family. But I don't want it to be awkward and feel like I'm intruding on him

Original post by Old_Simon
This is definitely some type of Brokeback Mountain love drama going on.

Do you really think so? Or are you just +rep whoring?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending