The Student Room Group

16 Year Old guy from North Wales - Ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nohomo
Is your hero Howard Marks? What do you think of him?

Never heard of him sorry
Reply 21
Original post by Troytheboy
Are you bored right now? .. I bet your bored right now

Nah, just got home from preseason training, I will be later though
Reply 22
Original post by AmyAintDead
Hi! I'm from North Wales too, where abouts are you from? Because North Wales could mean from Wylfa B to Llandudno to Betws Y Coed to Wrexham!

Denbigh what about you?:biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by ryan9900
I live quite near the Welsh border and it isn't too far to N. Wales so sometimes get them over here, but wish I lived a bit closer! haha

Where do you live then because I'm not that far away from the border :smile:
Original post by SamUKG97
Where do you live then because I'm not that far away from the border :smile:

Shrewsbury, how about you?
Reply 25
Denbigh, not too far from Chester
Reply 26
What is your daily routine like?
What is the youth culture like, and social life like?
Do people generally have out of date views?
How do you feel in regards to English people - are you protective of your history/identity, do you resent when they move in/don't speak the language, or is it all the same?
Reply 27
Original post by Velasco
What is your daily routine like?

Wake up, go out, walk around/go gym, play football/basketball, go home, complain about being bored, eat, watch TV, go sleep... Not very interesting but nothing to do.

Original post by Velasco
What is the youth culture like, and social life like?

Youth culture, not sure about the rest of Wales but in my area the youths are exactly that. Lots of gangs, and the youths my age, older teenagers are the ones to worry about. The kids, year 7's are wannabes of 'us' and will do anything!
Drugs are a massive part of youth culture here. I know Newport is bad also. Social life? Well, there are lots of pubs! And two small nightclubs. I imagine its live on a Saturday night but I'm not old enough to go there yet :frown: Its always busy!

Original post by Velasco

Do people generally have out of date views?
How do you feel in regards to English people - are you protective of your history/identity, do you resent when they move in/don't speak the language, or is it all the same?

I'll do these two in one. I personally don't hold grudges against the English as my dad and all his side of the family are English :smile: I love the English and England! More and more English people are coming to my area so a lot more kids around here have English blood, so the general view from youths point of view is its normal. The majority of the older generation have the out of date views about English people, and I don't actually know why. They don't get on with English therefore don't like them for some reason haha. These people are the ones who don't have any English blood, lived in Wales all there life and pride themselves on their nationality. My history is not actually very welsh. It is only my mum and her parents who are welsh. Everyone else, grandparents, dad's side, are not Welsh.
Language you asked about. Well Welsh is nearly a dead language! I nor anyone I know actually speak Welsh, apart from the basics taught in school. I could walk around town for a week and hear maybe one welsh conversation!

:smile:

Hope I answered your questions!
Denbigh what about you?:biggrin:

Llandudno! I used to be Abergele way but I moved a couple years back. Have you just finished your GCSEs? If so, are you after any certain A Levels/college course?

Language you asked about. Well Welsh is nearly a dead language! I nor anyone I know actually speak Welsh, apart from the basics taught in school. I could walk around town for a week and hear maybe one welsh conversation!

:smile:

Hope I answered your questions!

:eek: It's actually heartbreaking. As a welsh speaker, it's so sad to hear people call it a 'near dead' language, but it's sadly the case. Pa mor dda ydy'ch Cymraeg chi?
Reply 30
Llandudno! I used to be Abergele way but I moved a couple years back. Have you just finished your GCSEs? If so, are you after any certain A Levels/college course?

Yeah I've just finished my GCSE's! Have you? :smile: And yeah, can safely say I'm the only person going into sixth form doing A-Levels uptown! (my area of Denbigh:smile:) Everyone else is going college or jobs.

:eek: It's actually heartbreaking. As a welsh speaker, it's so sad to hear people call it a 'near dead' language, but it's sadly the case. Pa mor dda ydy'ch Cymraeg chi?

I didn't mean to cause offence, sorry! Like I said I can only speak for my area where there is a VERY low number of welsh speakers! I do appreciate people who speak the language though. Been taught it since year 1/reception and still know "Bore da Sam ydw I", its quite sad really!
Yeah I've just finished my GCSE's! Have you? :smile: And yeah, can safely say I'm the only person going into sixth form doing A-Levels uptown! (my area of Denbigh:smile:) Everyone else is going college or jobs.

I didn't mean to cause offence, sorry! Like I said I can only speak for my area where there is a VERY low number of welsh speakers! I do appreciate people who speak the language though. Been taught it since year 1/reception and still know "Bore da Sam ydw I", its quite sad really!

I finished my GCSEs two years ago now, (man I feel old) just finished my A Levels now and am waiting for the results to see if I'm going to Uni. What A Levels are you hoping to take?

Yeah, I'm aware that Denbigh is a predominantly English speaking area, the Welsh Nationalist Nazi in me is just sad whenever I hear the truth. I take no offence in people not speaking Welsh, it's their choice to speak whatever language they wish! :smile:
Reply 32
I finished my GCSEs two years ago now, (man I feel old) just finished my A Levels now and am waiting for the results to see if I'm going to Uni. What A Levels are you hoping to take?

Yeah, I'm aware that Denbigh is a predominantly English speaking area, the Welsh Nationalist Nazi in me is just sad whenever I hear the truth. I take no offence in people not speaking Welsh, it's their choice to speak whatever language they wish! :smile:

Don't worry, I'm sure you've done fine! You deserve to have done anyway! What uni you hoping to go to and what course? Ive applied for biology, psychology, history and computing :P

That's good to hear! A lot of people are up for a fight if you don't speak welsh! Glad you aren't one of them :wink:
Don't worry, I'm sure you've done fine! You deserve to have done anyway! What uni you hoping to go to and what course? Ive applied for biology, psychology, history and computing :P

That's good to hear! A lot of people are up for a fight if you don't speak welsh! Glad you aren't one of them :wink:

Thanks! I did Biology (which is lots of fun actually, I really enjoyed it!), Chemistry and Physics and am hoping I've got the grades to get into Cardiff to do Dentistry!

Yeah, s'no point getting in a fight, I'd be a hypocrite otherwise because my Mum's side of the family are all English!
Reply 34
Thanks! I did Biology (which is lots of fun actually, I really enjoyed it!), Chemistry and Physics and am hoping I've got the grades to get into Cardiff to do Dentistry!

Yeah, s'no point getting in a fight, I'd be a hypocrite otherwise because my Mum's side of the family are all English!

Wow! Fair play to you!
I know, I'm half English too!
What do you think of Scotland wanting Independance?

Quick Reply

Latest