The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Biomedical science and Medicin at Leeds uni

Hi, please can enyone tell me how hard is to enter medicine at Leeds or any other uni after graduated in Biomedical science at Bratford? What are the requirements?
Thank you for your response!
Original post by danyfm
Hi, please can enyone tell me how hard is to enter medicine at Leeds or any other uni after graduated in Biomedical science at Bratford? What are the requirements?
Thank you for your response!

*Bradford

Just as difficult as getting in from any biomed degree else where.
Consider clinical sciences- more tailored to medicine and offers chance to transfer after foundation year or year 1
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Yes, Bradford :smile: I am on a mobile phone...Well, we are from Croatia and my son has received an offer for Biomedical science in Bradford. He wants to enter medicine after so I don't know what are his chances...He has a place to study medicine in Croatia so we don't know what to do...
Original post by danyfm
Yes, Bradford :smile: I am on a mobile phone...Well, we are from Croatia and my son has received an offer for Biomedical science in Bradford. He wants to enter medicine after so I don't know what are his chances...He has a place to study medicine in Croatia so we don't know what to do...

Congratulations on both offers.
I think he should do it in Croatia, because it is very competitive here and graduate is even more and the worst would be to study biomed for three years to not get in here, as the competition is tough.
Reply 4
Thank you so much for the advice! In Croatia it is also difficult and very competitive to enter medicine and we were surprised for his success so now we are in dilemma. He really likes Bradford uni and student life over there but getting a degree in medicine is far more important than enjoying student life...For someone from Croatia it is really a big thing to study in England but we are scared and we (parents) think that he has a better chance to get a medical degree here, especially now after what you told me. So, thanks again for your fast replay and advice, we will really consider it.
Original post by danyfm
Thank you so much for the advice! In Croatia it is also difficult and very competitive to enter medicine and we were surprised for his success so now we are in dilemma. He really likes Bradford uni and student life over there but getting a degree in medicine is far more important than enjoying student life...For someone from Croatia it is really a big thing to study in England but we are scared and we (parents) think that he has a better chance to get a medical degree here, especially now after what you told me. So, thanks again for your fast replay and advice, we will really consider it.

No problem and you are most welcome.
I can understand that, but remind him he needs to consider long term plans. Perhaps he could study medicine in Croatia and then come here to do further study? Student life here is not THAT great, because it mostly consists of drinking and partying for many (I do not do this myself).
Tell him he is very lucky to have his offer and to consider his options carefully. I am a student at Bradford University and I have enjoyed my first year thoroughly, but I do not think he will miss out on that much.
Reply 6
Thank you. I'll show him our conversation. It'll help him in making his decision. Greetings from Croatia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending