The Student Room Group

Should there be an upper TSR age limit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rendezvous
What do you like about the site? i've been here for 20 minutes but i've been here just as long as you just without an account. What has you being an 'established' member got to do with anything?

The discussions, the subscribers features for two. Because you're telling me to leave the site for no reason when I regularly contribute to it, which is stupid
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
The discussions, the subscribers features for two. Because you're telling me to leave the site for no reason when I regularly contribute to it, which is stupid

Their are discussions on other sites... this isn't the only forum in the world. Subscriber features like what? Who reps you? You can find that out for free on other sites with the rep function. What does 'established' even mean i've been on this site longer than you have... I do have a reason for telling you to leave (read back)
It's sad because you're are still using a website that is not intended for people out of education. If you've made friends on here why don't you talk to them through other means?

Why is there a careers forum then? What's the point in that if only people studying can access it? Isn't it advantageous to have people who no longer study but actually now do to help people know what they should do themselves?
Their are discussions on other sites... this isn't the only forum in the world. Subscriber features like what? Who reps you? You can find that out for free on other sites with the rep function. What does 'established' even mean i've been on this site longer than you have... I do have a reason for telling you to leave (read back)

Yeah well I like this one because of the format and the people on it. No, the backroom.

It means I regularly contribute to the site. And your reason is a dogmatic view of "IT'S CALLED THE STUDENT ROOM AND YOU'RE NOT ONE OMGZZZZ"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
Why is there a careers forum then? What's the point in that if only people studying can access it? Isn't it advantageous to have people who no longer study but actually now do to help people know what they should do themselves?

The careers forum should only have people who are in education posting in it. People in education can find advice through the blog posts here on the official main page and through various external means.
Reply 105
Most internet fora have a significant number of members who are not the target audience.
The careers forum should only have people who are in education posting in it. People in education can find advice through the blog posts here on the official main page and through various external means.

Have you ever looked at the careers forum?

It just strikes me that you've got absolutely no idea how it works in the real world, away from your magical ideal world of fairies and elves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah well I like this one because of the format and the people on it. No, the backroom.

It means I regularly contribute to the site. And your reason is a dogmatic almost autistic like view of "IT'S CALLED THE STUDENT ROOM AND YOU'RE NOT ONE OMGZZZZ"

Yeah well you haven't tried every popular forum so you wouldn't know you like the format and the people on this site the best.

My reasoning makes complete sense and is hardly dogmatic. It only takes reading the site logo to understand this, or do you have dyslexia?
Original post by Drewski
Have you ever looked at the careers forum?

Yes.
Yeah well you haven't tried every popular forum so you wouldn't know you like the format and the people on this site the best.

My reasoning makes complete sense and is hardly dogmatic. It only takes reading the site logo to understand this, or do you have dyslexia?

Yeah I am dyslexic actually, thanks for asking.

No it doesn't make sense. Anyone can use a public forum. That's why they have areas like relationships and chat. If it were specifically about studying those areas wouldn't exist.

Why does it bother you? Seriously you're being childish

Does it?

I think it's relatively ambiguous. After all, it's not "The Students' Room", it doesn't belong to them.
Yeah I am dyslexic actually, thanks for asking.

No it doesn't make sense. Anyone can use a public forum. That's why they have areas like relationships and chat. If it were specifically about studying those areas wouldn't exist.

Why does it bother you? Seriously you're being childish

Anyone can use a public forum because it's not like the mods are going to ask for certificates with proof that you are a student for every account sign up... The site has areas like relationships and chat for STUDENTS ​who want to talk about relationships and want to chat.
Anyone can use a public forum because it's not like the mods are going to ask for certificates with proof that you are a student for every account sign up... The site has areas like relationships and chat for STUDENTS ​who want to talk about relationships and want to chat.

And when people stop being students they don't have to suddenly leave

Why does it bother you?
And when people stop being students they don't have to suddenly leave

Why does it bother you?

Yes they do... or maybe not suddenly they can have about 2 weeks.

Because the site is not being used for who it is to intended for
Yes they do... or maybe not suddenly they can have about 2 weeks.

Because the site is not being used for who it is to intended for

This is actually ridiculous.
Original post by RtGOAT
We're all students. Students of life.

You're so deep.....
Original post by Drewski
Does it?

I think it's relatively ambiguous. After all, it's not "The Students' Room", it doesn't belong to them.

Its not called the students room its called the student room
Original post by Drewski
Well done. That's you, but it's patently obvious that many people do make completely ****ed up decisions and could clearly benefit from having other people involved in the decision making process.

Again, you're taking the extreme position that involving others = them making your decisions for you. That's clearly idiotic. What most sane and rational people are talking about is utilising the knowledge and experience of people who have been there and done that to help you make an educated decision. If you'd rather make a decision based on no background, then you're going to be wasting a lot of time in the future.

Excellent post, thank you.

Personally, being so certain that no older relative could possibly know anything, of any use or value, is not a sign of confidence. And refusing to even discuss or even disclose what university one is going to is, to say the least an extreme position.
This is actually ridiculous.

like you not being a student and on the student room then.
like you not being a student and on the student room then.

I can't be bothered to reply to this, so have the current video that is amusing me

Quick Reply

Latest