The Student Room Group

Should there be an upper TSR age limit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
Please report people using the Report button Top right if they call you " peado", that's offensive and not wanted on TSR.

Thank you. I have reported the poster concerned.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I can't be bothered to reply to this, so have the current video that is amusing me

[video="youtube;gnKP1TertlI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKP1TertlI[/video]

Have something to be depressed about.

I am sorry for saying that you should leave the student room and I hope you that will continue using the site.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Well I'm glad MY parents don't feel they've failed. I'd argue that the failing parents are they ones whose adult children can't make their own decisions.
I would be genuinely heartbroken if my daughter locked me out of her life in the manner that you have chosen to. However I respect your decision.Out of interest, do you disclose any information to them?
Probably been said already, but anybody asking if you're paedophile is a moron. What pre-pubescent children would be posting on a student forum? Don't let any idiots make you feel uncomfortable posting here. Clearly you're helping people and are far more useful to the site than many of the users here. Especially those that question your motives.

There should be no age limit and anybody should be able to post here. There is far more to this site than just educational discussion. Lots of the sub forums have nothing to do with education. You don't have to be a student to be here. I finished my education 2 years ago and haven't left. I don't intend to any time soon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by just a dad
I would be genuinely heartbroken if my daughter locked me out of her life in the manner that you have chosen to. However I respect your decision.Out of interest, do you disclose any information to them?

What do you mean? I'm very close to my parents but I don't let them make decisions for me
Original post by Rendezvous
Its not called the students room its called the student room

So, by your logic then, we should only allow a single student?
Original post by Drewski
So, by your logic then, we should only allow a single student?

Yes
Original post by Rendezvous
Yes

Well, would certainly help reduce the number of trolls...

They are not 'locked out of my life'. I just tell them what I'm doing rather than asking them to decide for me.
What do you mean? I'm very close to my parents but I don't let them make decisions for me

Huh? I don't make decisions for them. Not sure why you're suggesting that I am. :confused:
They are not 'locked out of my life'. I just tell them what I'm doing rather than asking them to decide for me.

Sigh. Why do you persist with the "deciding for me" narrative?
Huh? I don't make decisions for them. Not sure why you're suggesting that I am. :confused:

Can you explain what you meant? I may have read it wrong
Sigh. Why do you persist with the "deciding for me" narrative?

Because that's what over-involved parents do. If my parents were researching my life choices that would suggest they thought they had any choice in what I want to do with my life. Which they don't.
Because that's what over-involved parents do. If my parents were researching my life choices that would suggest they thought they had any choice in what I want to do with my life. Which they don't.

Yeah, this. It's one thing if I ask them to, but if they started asking questions on forums and researching it, I wouldn't like it
You need older people who've been through it all for guidance!
No age limit.
No, just a stupid limit.
Yeah, this. It's one thing if I ask them to, but if they started asking questions on forums and researching it, I wouldn't like it

I said this to Small Town Girl in post #82, which she completely ignored, as is her way...

"Again, you're taking the extreme position that involving others = them making your decisions for you. That's clearly idiotic. What most sane and rational people are talking about is utilising the knowledge and experience of people who have been there and done that to help you make an educated decision. If you'd rather make a decision based on no background, then you're going to be wasting a lot of time in the future."

Them doing research and getting educated on what it is you're doing is no bad thing at all. Wouldn't you like them to be interested in what you're doing? There is, obviously, a clear difference between that and controlling type of parents that nobody wants.
Original post by Drewski
I said this to Small Town Girl in post #82, which she completely ignored, as is her way...

"Again, you're taking the extreme position that involving others = them making your decisions for you. That's clearly idiotic. What most sane and rational people are talking about is utilising the knowledge and experience of people who have been there and done that to help you make an educated decision. If you'd rather make a decision based on no background, then you're going to be wasting a lot of time in the future."

Them doing research and getting educated on what it is you're doing is no bad thing at all. Wouldn't you like them to be interested in what you're doing? There is, obviously, a clear difference between that and controlling type of parents that nobody wants.

Soz (not soz) for ignoring. Too busy knitting to care.
Reply 139
Original post by Drewski
Well, would certainly help reduce the number of trolls...

Yes, but potentially the troll : member ratio might be 1.

Quick Reply

Latest