The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

SHU 2014 Start Date

Does anyone know when Fresher's Week starts for this September???
I called the Uni and my course's enrolment date was w/c 22nd September however the admin lady couldn't say whether that happens during Fresher's Week or whether we move into halls and have Fresher's Week earlier than that date.
Does anyone know?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

When you applied for accommodation there should have been a contract start day, I know Leadmill Point and Trigon were both the 17th but can't tell you about any of the other ones sorry.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kayleighisonfire
When you applied for accommodation there should have been a contract start day, I know Leadmill Point and Trigon were both the 17th but can't tell you about any of the other ones sorry.

Thankyou.
I did select Trigon as one of my choices and I've just checked my application and it says 20th sept????
Hopefully will get the final halls allocation soon so will know a little more.
Original post by leilei123
Thankyou.
I did select Trigon as one of my choices and I've just checked my application and it says 20th sept????
Hopefully will get the final halls allocation soon so will know a little more.

Really? Oops. Did you put mixed or one gender?

Yeah hopefully, I'm too excited haha.
Reply 4
I know Vic Halls and Central Quay start on the 13th and 14th, I can't remember which way around they wrre though, Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You will move in about a week before you enrol. You will enrol and have introductions w/c 22nd and thats when freshers starts, so you will have a week of settling in before everything :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Milky93
You will move in about a week before you enrol. You will enrol and have introductions w/c 22nd and thats when freshers starts, so you will have a week of settling in before everything :smile:

Annoyingly my course starts on the 17th
Original post by Mogzy
Annoyingly my course starts on the 17th

ohh right what course are you doing? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Milky93
ohh right what course are you doing? :smile:

I'll be doing Games Software Development, what course will you be doing?
Reply 9
Emailed Unite as I needed an earlier contract and they told me that some of the listed start dates for courses are wrong. Best to email the admissions to confirm your start date!
Original post by Mogzy
I'll be doing Games Software Development, what course will you be doing?

I'm doing law :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Milky93
I'm doing law :smile:

Do you happen to know the confirmed start date for Law? Unite wont let me get an earlier contract start date until its confirmed because apparently ucas has the wrong date and admission are ignoring all my emails :frown:
Reply 12
My UCAS said that the 17th September was my start date, then when I rung accommodation services to sort something out, I thought I would double check with the woman on the phone and she told me I didn't start until the 22nd, so yeah try get in contact and double check!
Hi, I got a confirmed place at the trigon for next year, the contract start date is 20th so if you need a early start give them a call.. They were great!!

Just as a footnote, if anyone else has a place i'm in flat A3, where are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
It's so confusing. There seems to be different dates passed by different departments.

I received an email in my junk folder last week saying my place has been confirmed at Trigon but they need all my signatures agreeing to it within 7 days but I've only just seen it due to it not going into my inbox & the 7 days are up😖 will be ringing then tomorrow I think for confirmation.
Has anyone had the same email for Trigon?
It's so confusing. There seems to be different dates passed by different departments.

I received an email in my junk folder last week saying my place has been confirmed at Trigon but they need all my signatures agreeing to it within 7 days but I've only just seen it due to it not going into my inbox & the 7 days are up😖 will be ringing then tomorrow I think for confirmation.
Has anyone had the same email for Trigon?

That's very gutting, hopefully they will be able to sort it for you. (Yn)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Danledge95
That's very gutting, hopefully they will be able to sort it for you. (Yn)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so too. From looking at other threads it seems as though a few people have had a few problems and managed to get it extended so will be ringing them first thing tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted!
Reply 17
I hope so too. From looking at other threads it seems as though a few people have had a few problems and managed to get it extended so will be ringing them first thing tomorrow and hopefully get it sorted!

Phone up accommodation and they will extend it! I had the same issue and it took no more than a few minutes to get the deadline extended!
Reply 18
Original post by K1996s
Phone up accommodation and they will extend it! I had the same issue and it took no more than a few minutes to get the deadline extended!

Phew. Makes me feel a little better now. Thankyou!
Just want to be in halls and start everything 😁😁😁
Phew. Makes me feel a little better now. Thankyou!
Just want to be in halls and start everything 😁😁😁

What is your block/flat when it gets sorted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending