The Student Room Group

What jobs can I do at 14?

I'm 14 years old living in Oldham and, I want a part time job because my parents don't give me allowances and I need to save up on alot of stuffs. I don't mind doing paper round jobs. However, the only problem is to find them...Tried doing it online couldn't fine 'em. Any help? :frown:
WHSmiths havw jobs for 14 year olds, as long as you can cope with the crap pay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by midgemeister7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well as long as I do get paid and wastes time then I don't mind. I'll have a check!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I checked the website and made an account and tried searching and there isn't any :frown: ... I could be wrong so, I'll probably go to the store tomorrow and ask!
Original post by J-ved
Well, I checked the website and made an account and tried searching and there isn't any :frown: ... I could be wrong so, I'll probably go to the store tomorrow and ask!

Vanacies depend on where you live, not sure about Oldham - there are some where I live - but I know for a fact that you can be 14 and do a sales assistant job there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vanacies depend on where you live, not sure about Oldham - there are some where I live - but I know for a fact that you can be 14 and do a sales assistant job there

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should do according to the website I checked. This will also add my work experience as well, right?
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure?! I thought you weren't allowed to handle money until you're 16... I remember when I did my DofE Bronze volunteering at a charity I wasn't allowed on the till because I was under 16, unless that's just company policy
Original post by J-ved
I'm 14 years old living in Oldham and, I want a part time job because my parents don't give me allowances and I need to save up on alot of stuffs. I don't mind doing paper round jobs. However, the only problem is to find them...Tried doing it online couldn't fine 'em. Any help? :frown:

Try going around. Asking random corner shops. Lol.
Original post by AdamCee
Are you sure?! I thought you weren't allowed to handle money until you're 16... I remember when I did my DofE Bronze volunteering at a charity I wasn't allowed on the till because I was under 16, unless that's just company policy

You can definitely work there, not shre about the money handling - they might just ask him to stack shelves and stuff if he can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J-ved
They should do according to the website I checked. This will also add my work experience as well, right?

Yeah it would. If there are jobs available, you should be able to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it would. If there are jobs available, you should be able to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made an account and made the CV they provided and they gave me a candidate number through via email. I'll use this when I go tomorrow.
I've checked and said to the sales person that, "can I do a sales assistant job even though I'm 14," and he said, "no you have to be 16". So I'm like thinking it said on your careers website that 14 year old can be employable for the job and then he moves on to saying, we don't have any vacancies. Sad times :frown: Any other ones I could do?
Original post by J-ved

Try looking in the windows of paper shops. They seem to advertise them there round where i live.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending