The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Not convinced. You've been reading too many science fiction novels :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not here to convince sweetheart. Socrates is my judge and witness, he gave me the sword of philosophy, Aristotle provided me with rhetoric and I have a secret affair with Plato's wife. What do you have, other than a vagina?
Reply 2161
Original post by Arieisit
Words are arbitrary, well most of them I agree but to say that it was invented to feel superior to your legs is.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Truth cannot be articulated, the relationship between words and reality does not exist, we invented the language to describe, but do we actually describe it how it is, or how we want it to be? My legs have been getting a lot of attention the past days.
Original post by hihoho
I am not here to convince sweetheart. Socrates is my judge and witness, he gave me the sword of philosophy, Aristotle provided me with rhetoric and I have a secret affair with Plato's wife. What do you have, other than a vagina?

Far more intelligence than you do.

Which mental asylum did you escape from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hihoho
Truth cannot be articulated, the relationship between words and reality does not exist, we invented the language to describe, but do we actually describe it how it is, or how we want it to be? My legs have been getting a lot of attention the past days.

Did I not say that words are arbitrary? Do you not know what that means? You've effectively reiterated what I've said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hihoho
Abstract, confusion, is the only medication for the human mind. To form new neural connections and let every neuron taste each other, do you know that feeling? I do, I am experiencing it regularly. Sometimes the system crashes but I always have backups.

Medication? No thank you. I don't like a ounce of medication.

New neurological connections can be formed in other ways, I know that feeling and more. I'm glad for your expansion. Pretty unique backups you have there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2165
Original post by KairosEden
Medication? No thank you. I don't like a ounce of medication.

New neurological connections can be formed in other ways, I know that feeling and more. I'm glad for your expansion. Pretty unique backups you have there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We all need medication, that can be food, thought, friends, relationships, these are things the body needs and requires to run in an efficient manner. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

They can be, but I choose confusion, it sets my creativity free. Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure: that of being myself.
Original post by hihoho
We all need medication, that can be food, thought, friends, relationships, these are things the body needs and requires to run in an efficient manner. Everything that is contradictory creates life.

They can be, but I choose confusion, it sets my creativity free. Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure: that of being myself.

I don't interpret it that way. However I agree that we need it. Solitude and exile will drive someone insane.

So you set yourself in a frame of mind to roam freely? That's like standing in front of a mirror for 30 minutes. You'll eventually get bored and create hallucinations. I used to depress myself as a form to do so until I realised that I can control it in an alternate manner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2167
I don't interpret it that way. However I agree that we need it. Solitude and exile will drive someone insane.

So you set yourself in a frame of mind to roam freely? That's like standing in front of a mirror for 30 minutes. You'll eventually get bored and create hallucinations. I used to depress myself as a form to do so until I realised that I can control it in an alternate manner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does drive you insane, but I am contemplating if that insanity is worth experiencing. Most men who saw the light became insane, those who pondered for too long time and then there is those that don't ponder yet just see what everyone else sees. Would you want to see more? Humans are deeply unsatisfied within, that is, the rate of depression is rising. Either way, humans who don't see much further are equally doomed as those deemed insane.

My friend, you know what I am talking about and I want to add that this pondering made me realise the emptiness. Within every action and activity is emptiness, I am not sure if that is useful for meditation or otherwise but it is a calm place where worrying thought does not exist and thus happiness can freely bloom. I think, outside hallucinations (aren't we all hallucinating) taught me more than any human could express in the form of words.
Original post by hihoho
It does drive you insane, but I am contemplating if that insanity is worth experiencing. Most men who saw the light became insane, those who pondered for too long time and then there is those that don't ponder yet just see what everyone else sees. Would you want to see more? Humans are deeply unsatisfied within, that is, the rate of depression is rising. Either way, humans who don't see much further are equally doomed as those deemed insane.

My friend, you know what I am talking about and I want to add that this pondering made me realise the emptiness. Within every action and activity is emptiness, I am not sure if that is useful for meditation or otherwise but it is a calm place where worrying thought does not exist and thus happiness can freely bloom. I think, outside hallucinations (aren't we all hallucinating) taught me more than any human could express in the form of words.

No thank you. I've travelled the road enough, being so young. It will drive you to the point of suicide and I'm telling you that as a warning.

You feel emptiness? Haha, that's not emptiness, that's the inability to accept it. You've become emotionally numb. Wake up. Pain is meant to be felt otherwise it wouldn't exist. You wouldn't know what happiness is without pain. We wouldn't know anything without the contradiction. Imagine that you had everything you wanted in an instant, what's the point of living? What's the point of reaching of skipping the movie to the credits? If you feel that it's an utopia and an eden for you, bloom there. However I need to feel once in a while. Being emotionally numb is committing spiritual suicide and I'm too young for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Homebound from Sheffield, an hour away from St. Pancras :colone:
Reply 2170
No thank you. I've travelled the road enough, being so young. It will drive you to the point of suicide and I'm telling you that as a warning.

You feel emptiness? Haha, that's not emptiness, that's the inability to accept it. You've become emotionally numb. Wake up. Pain is meant to be felt otherwise it wouldn't exist. You wouldn't know what happiness is without pain. We wouldn't know anything without the contradiction. Imagine that you had everything you wanted in an instant, what's the point of living? What's the point of reaching of skipping the movie to the credits? If you feel that it's an utopia and an eden for you, bloom there. However I need to feel once in a while. Being emotionally numb is committing spiritual suicide and I'm too young for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not sure if your micro expressions give you away. You are a man that keeps wearing red ties and boasts about it. You can't travel any further until your mind has matured, my mind right now is living in the age of 2060, I am too matured to know what you are.

Emptiness, don't you find it is empty to keep doing the activities every day, just the same, every single day, boring, it is just a cycle that keeps repeating itself. We're hamsters stuck inside a wheel. Emptiness can also be the pinnacle of wisdom, when we ridden emotions, all we have left is logic but even I have started to doubt logic. Imagine if you do already have everything you need, what is the meaning and purpose then, I do feel, I am not emotionally numb.
Original post by hihoho
I am not sure if your micro expressions give you away. You are a man that keeps wearing red ties and boasts about it. You can't travel any further until your mind has matured, my mind right now is living in the age of 2060, I am too matured to know what you are.

Emptiness, don't you find it is empty to keep doing the activities every day, just the same, every single day, boring, it is just a cycle that keeps repeating itself. We're hamsters stuck inside a wheel. Emptiness can also be the pinnacle of wisdom, when we ridden emotions, all we have left is logic but even I have started to doubt logic. Imagine if you do already have everything you need, what is the meaning and purpose then, I do feel, I am not emotionally numb.

I'm a naive 16 year old that has been released to a minimalistic portion of life. So please, give me space to grow. You say you're too matured to know what am I? You don't know a quarter of what I am because you haven't been through the same experiences I have otherwise you would be esoteric and be able to read through my words.

"Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetton. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, **** a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and **** what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Haters gonna hate!" - Zyzz

**** a 9 - 5PM.

"It’s better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way" - Alan Watts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2172
I'm a naive 16 year old that has been released to a minimalistic portion of life. So please, give me space to grow. You say you're too matured to know what am I? You don't know a quarter of what I am because you haven't been through the same experiences I have otherwise you would be esoteric and be able to read through my words.

"Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetton. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, **** a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and **** what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Haters gonna hate!" - Zyzz

**** a 9 - 5PM.

"It’s better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way" - Alan Watts

Posted from TSR Mobile

I give you space, all the space you need and I agree with what you say. I don't know the truth about you but I do know your idealistic self and that is the personality we display the most in our lives to others and all around us.

Top quotes.
Original post by hihoho
I give you space, all the space you need and I agree with what you say. I don't know the truth about you but I do know your idealistic self and that is the personality we display the most in our lives to others and all around us.

Top quotes.

Thank you for your comprehension. Can you read personalities haha? It's both a gift and a curse.

Alan Watts. My favourite realist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2174
Thank you for your comprehension. Can you read personalities haha? It's both a gift and a curse.

Alan Watts. My favourite realist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a kind of intuition that allows me to read personalities and their behaviour probably because I take interest in behavioural psychology. Nobody really knows what they want until it is shown to them anyway, and why are most so god damn afraid to live new experiences, everyone is just hiding underneath their pillow and allowing the same every day, what a great crime and abuse.
Original post by hihoho
I have a kind of intuition that allows me to read personalities and their behaviour probably because I take interest in behavioural psychology. Nobody really knows what they want until it is shown to them anyway, and why are most so god damn afraid to live new experiences, everyone is just hiding underneath their pillow and allowing the same every day, what a great crime and abuse.

Be careful with the gift, it has shocked me a couple of times.

As I expressed, pain is meant to be felt for otherwise it's existence will cease to exist. No one should live in fear. No one should hide under their pillows because they aren't living. To live a cautious life is to have never lived at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilypear
Homebound from Sheffield, an hour away from St. Pancras :colone:

How was the open day? That was quick :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, he's back... :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile