The Student Room Group

which university.

Im going to start university in 2015and want to study nursing but have no idea which university to go to any ideas? Anyone else doing nuring September 2015? X
If you can't at least narrow it down to a shortlist then maybe you're not ready to go to uni.
Original post by CharlotteEmily9
Im going to start university in 2015and want to study nursing but have no idea which university to go to any ideas? Anyone else doing nuring September 2015? X

Edinburgh,glasgow, Southampton, Liverpool and Leeds are the top 5 for the uk so you should consider them!
Reply 3
Make a list of things you want from a university.
- Distance from home?
- Campus/non-campus?
- What entry requirements can you meet?
- accommodation (both in your first year and later on)?
- Placements?
- etc etc

I started off by ruling out ones i DIDNT want to go to first... Rule out the ones that don't do your course (for obvious reasons!) and rule out the ones that don't meet your criteria.
Go and visit places, even if your not 100% sure you'd like it - it is worth going to see because you might like it when you're their (and vice versa, you might think you'll love somewhere but end up hating it!)
I have short listed some I cant choose between lincoln, sheffield hallam, nottingham there the only ones iv looked at and im going to apply for but thankyou I will look in to those.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
If you can't at least narrow it down to a shortlist then maybe you're not ready to go to uni.

Very unhelpful post (probably just as unhelpful to OP as my post). Have you considered that this may be part of making a shortlist?
I think it's absurd to say that if someone wants help in deciding which universities they want to go to they aren't ready to go to university (in one year's time).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Necrosyrtes
Very unhelpful post (probably just as unhelpful as my post). Have you considered that this may be part of making a shortlist?
I think it's absurd to say that if someone wants help in deciding which universities they want to go to they aren't ready to go to university (in one year's time)

Well the OP didn't seem to have any idea. No consideration of distance, campus vs city, grades required etc. If they have so little clue of what they want then maybe they won't be ready to go in a years time - or maybe they'll make the wrong decision.

Telling people not to rush into a decision is never wrong. Especially when they've got no idea what they want.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Well the OP didn't seem to have any idea. No consideration of distance, campus vs city, grades required etc. If they have so little clue of what they want then maybe they won't be ready to go in a years time - or maybe they'll make the wrong decision.

Telling people not to rush into a decision is never wrong. Especially when they've got no idea what they want.

In that case, you should have phrased your statement very differently. I completely agree with your clarification.
Original post by CharlotteEmily9
I have short listed some I cant choose between lincoln, sheffield hallam, nottingham there the only ones iv looked at and im going to apply for but thankyou I will look in to those.

Ok, so what do you like about these three? Are they local and you want to stay close to family? If the course structure what you think you'll like (I don't know how much it varies in nursing)? Do you like the cities/town? Think about what YOU want from a uni and then people can suggest others that might fit with what you want.

Quick Reply

Latest