The Student Room Group

I am an ex Muslim. Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

any answer to my prev post ex mus ?
if u plz
Original post by ExMus
I think calling myself an ex muslim allows for better conversation and discussion. :smile:

I think age sex and location are more important lol
Original post by James222
I think age sex and location are more important lol

I am xx year old male atheist from xx. Ask me anything. Ahh, gripping!
Original post by Galikeshy
so you mean that there is no way to be truly living after death??
you mean no one can do that lets call magic...turn bones and ashes to a living creature...
but what were we at the very beginning?
i think we were something useless ...okay? and which power did the transformation?
transforming a useless material to a living one..
do u know the answer ??

I am finding it very difficult to comprehend this. Sorry.
ok tnx for ur reply!
Original post by ExMus
http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Themes/jihad_passages.html

164 verses calling muslims to Jihad, some about captives as well.

http://quran.com/33/52

Slavery

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/women_inferior.htm

Misogyny

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/003-wife-beating.htm

Wife beating. Pretty disgusting.

Aisha:

The history of al-Tabari, volume 9, p 131. Also, Sahih Bulhari 5:58:234

“My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me.”

This is disgusting.

Do you even know what Jihad means?

It was 1400 years ago when women matured at different age, you can't even compare 1966 Corvette to 2014 Corvette on speed.

Lying is harmful to others.

In future do proper research it would take you long way.

I won't answer any other question as it's from untrusted sources.

http://www.answering-islam.org is owned by a non muslims named Sam.

wow i'm simply amazed on how you didn't do proper research and threw false accusations against the prophet (pbuh)

Please close this thread, op don't know nothing about Islam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ronmack
Do you even know what Jihad means?

It was 1400 years ago when women matured at different age, you can't even compare 1966 Corvette to 2014 Corvette on speed.

Lying is harmful to others.

In future do proper research it would take you long way.

I won't answer any other question as it's from untrusted sources.

http://www.answering-islam.org is owned by a non muslims named Sam.

wow i'm simply amazed on how you didn't do proper research and threw false accusations against the prophet (pbuh)

Please close this thread, op don't know nothing about Islam.

That is such a flawed analogy. We are talking about children and she was clearly pre-pubescent. She played in a swing and with DOLLS for God's sake (pun not intended). And it was okay for her to play with dolls because she was considered a child at the time. She was definitely not mentally mature at all nor was she physically mature. It is very obvious and if you cannot see it, you are deluded. Also, the Quran and its ideas are timeless and your prophet is your role model so, according to islam, it is perfectly acceptable to do the same acts today as it was then.

Non-Muslims are perfectly capable of making articles about verses from the Quran. They can get interpretations from scholars and give their views on it. Furthermore, the specific articles have sources to back themselves up so, yeah, your argument is clearly flawed. This is exactly like muslims creating websites to attack atheism. So please could you give an adequate reply?

I did do proper research. I checked the sources. You are the one who cannot do proper research. You attack a website because it is created by a non-Muslim; this is discriminating and offensive. You also fail to check to see the sources of the sites, and they all have their sources cited, and attack the sites (not reading them at all - which is clearly indicating your narrow-mindedness) which explain very well some ideas of islam.

I will not close this thread. If you don't like it, leave.
Original post by ExMus
That is such a flawed analogy. We are talking about children and she was clearly pre-pubescent. She played in a swing and with DOLLS for God's sake (pun not intended). And it was okay for her to play with dolls because she was considered a child at the time. She was definitely not mentally mature at all nor was she physically mature. It is very obvious and if you cannot see it, you are deluded. Also, the Quran and its ideas are timeless and your prophet is your role model so, according to islam, it is perfectly acceptable to do the same acts today as it was then.

Non-Muslims are perfectly capable of making articles about verses from the Quran. They can get interpretations from scholars and give their views on it. Furthermore, the specific articles have sources to back themselves up so, yeah, your argument is clearly flawed. This is exactly like muslims creating websites to attack atheism. So please could you give an adequate reply?

I did do proper research. I checked the sources. You are the one who cannot do proper research. You attack a website because it is created by a non-Muslim; this is discriminating and offensive. You also fail to check to see the sources of the sites, and they all have their sources cited, and attack the sites (not reading them at all - which is clearly indicating your narrow-mindedness) which explain very well some ideas of islam.

PRSOM :smile:
Original post by ExMus

Quran clearly says you CAN'T marry someone who has not yet reached maturity in three different places. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAqoKrtLcY

Your sources were wikipedia and stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ExMus
Okay. Could you guys take the conversation elsewhere please? It just doesn't contribute to the ama. Thank you! (:

Well not interested in the fuss about religious conversations either, especially such a religious one so well everyone carry on with da party all the best :smile:
Original post by ronmack
Quran clearly says you CAN'T marry someone who has not yet reached maturity in three different places. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAqoKrtLcY

Your sources were wikipedia and stuff.

Then your prophet clearly violated those laws regarding marriage and its consummation clearly shown by the fact that Aisha was playing with dolls (which is forbidden for anyone who reached puberty). Yet another contradiction found in your supposedly infallible religion.

Check my sources again. You are wrong.
Original post by Hassan20
Well not interested in the fuss about religious conversations either, especially such a religious one so well everyone carry on with da party all the best :smile:

If you are not interested, then leave...
Original post by ExMus
Then your prophet clearly violated those laws regarding marriage and its consummation clearly shown by the fact that Aisha was playing with dolls (which is forbidden for anyone who reached puberty). Yet another contradiction found in your supposedly infallible religion.

Check my sources again. You are wrong.

Can you disprove that she didn't reach puberty? Nor you can or can't. Simple as that. A person who did not commit a single sin, would do that? Want to truly learn about prophet then go read Hayatus Sahaba.
Original post by ExMus
I don't know much about him unfortunately. Sorry. :colondollar:

You say you're an ex-muslim and you don't know about one of the most important prophets in Islam? :holmes:

Were you born into a family that is Muslim by name and don't really practice, thereby making it easier for you to lose faith or are you a black sheep in a conservative Muslim household?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SamTheMan95
You say you're an ex-muslim and you don't know about one of the most important prophets in Islam? :holmes:

Not surprised tbh, I'd be surprised if op could name 11 wajib things in salaat or could name the first 4 Khalifah
Original post by ronmack
Can you disprove that she didn't reach puberty? Nor you can or can't. Simple as that. A person who did not commit a single sin, would do that? Want to truly learn about prophet then go read Hayatus Sahaba.

There is a clear indication she was a child - she played with dolls and was exempt from being punished for it. And your prophet clearly sinned. It is common knowledge he sinned (in the muslim community as well) and this was yet another sin of his for which he was forgiven.
Original post by ExMus
There is a clear indication she was a child - she played with dolls and was exempt from being punished for it. And your prophet clearly sinned. It is common knowledge he sinned (in the muslim community as well) and this was yet another sin of his for which he was forgiven.

Playing with dolls makes you unmature? Please provide proof of that 1400 years ago. How do you know he sinned? Your not even a muslims, you don't even know what sin actually is or what is considered a sin.
Original post by SamTheMan95

Were you born into a family that is Muslim by name and don't really practice, thereby making it easier for you to lose faith or are you a black sheep in a conservative Muslim household?

To be a Muslim, did I need to?

My family is practicing but I found myself disagreeing with concept of religion and some teachings.
Original post by ExMus
To be a Muslim, did I need to?

My family is practicing but I found myself disagreeing with concept of religion and some teachings.

Concept and what teachings? Giving rights to Blacks 1400 years ago. Even in America blacks were not even considered humans 100 years ago!
Original post by ronmack
Playing with dolls makes you unmature? Please provide proof of that 1400 years ago. How do you know he sinned? Your not even a muslims, you don't even know what sin actually is or what is considered a sin.

Do you see a mentally mature woman playing with dolls, carrying them a lot?
What indicates she is immature is that she was exempt from being punished for it. I am not Muslim, yes, but i certainly understand what a sin is in Islam.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply