The Student Room Group

Really worried about results day

I am really worried about what my results will be. I was in all the top groups at school but I have one problem...I start panicking when I do exams. It doesn't even have to be a real exam, I even panic when I do a mock.
The subjects I am particularly worried about are maths, biology, physics, chemistry, geography and for some unknown reason graphics.
Maths is a major worry for me. I am terrified that all I will get is a C. That's all I could ever achieve in a mock but in class I was really good and I knew how to do everything with little help. My teacher has told me that I make stupid mistakes on tests which I know because I panic. I am worried about being a huge disappointment to my family, my teacher but most of all to myself. My sister who is 26 is very clever. She went to oxford. I think I compare myself to my sister a lot and I feel like I am the let down child.
I am worried about all of the sciences because none of the teachers I had actually bothered to teach us. Chemistry was a nightmare exam because we hadn't been taught anything on the exam and even one of the other science teachers admitted that to my class. I'm no trying to blame the teachers but my teacher for chemistry and physics only talked about football and FIFA and my biology teacher couldn't control the class. I am worried about my geography because we spent the vast majority of out time on coursework and then we had to teach ourselves out of booklets. As for graphics. I hate the subject and I do not wish to do anything with it after gcse level but I want to do well in it because I spent so much time on the coursework. I managed to get and a* and full marks which took up the majority of my time and I even had to go in over half terms. I found the exam pretty hard as our teacher just dumped huge revision guides in front of us and didn't bother to help us at all. I got an a in the mock exam and if you got an a* in the course work you go into the exam with a C.
I have actually started having nightmares about results day and I already know that I will be retaking some of my exams because I can't bare to see anything lower than a C.
I know I am going to feel like a complete and utter failure on results day. I am worried that I will be so upset with my self that I may actually do something stupid.
I know a lot of my insecurities stem from the fact that my sister went to Oxford. I also suffer from really bad anxiety so that doesn't help either.
Is anyone else feeling this way and how so you stop it?
Sorry for writing so much and thankyou if you read it all:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michy0812
I am really worried about what my results will be. I was in all the top groups at school but I have one problem...I start panicking when I do exams. It doesn't even have to be a real exam, I even panic when I do a mock.
The subjects I am particularly worried about are maths, biology, physics, chemistry, geography and for some unknown reason graphics.
Maths is a major worry for me. I am terrified that all I will get is a C. That's all I could ever achieve in a mock but in class I was really good and I knew how to do everything with little help. My teacher has told me that I make stupid mistakes on tests which I know because I panic. I am worried about being a huge disappointment to my family, my teacher but most of all to myself. My sister who is 26 is very clever. She went to oxford. I think I compare myself to my sister a lot and I feel like I am the let down child.
I am worried about all of the sciences because none of the teachers I had actually bothered to teach us. Chemistry was a nightmare exam because we hadn't been taught anything on the exam and even one of the other science teachers admitted that to my class. I'm no trying to blame the teachers but my teacher for chemistry and physics only talked about football and FIFA and my biology teacher couldn't control the class. I am worried about my geography because we spent the vast majority of out time on coursework and then we had to teach ourselves out of booklets. As for graphics. I hate the subject and I do not wish to do anything with it after gcse level but I want to do well in it because I spent so much time on the coursework. I managed to get and a* and full marks which took up the majority of my time and I even had to go in over half terms. I found the exam pretty hard as our teacher just dumped huge revision guides in front of us and didn't bother to help us at all. I got an a in the mock exam and if you got an a* in the course work you go into the exam with a C.
I have actually started having nightmares about results day and I already know that I will be retaking some of my exams because I can't bare to see anything lower than a C.
I know I am going to feel like a complete and utter failure on results day. I am worried that I will be so upset with my self that I may actually do something stupid.
I know a lot of my insecurities stem from the fact that my sister went to Oxford. I also suffer from really bad anxiety so that doesn't help either.

chill. Its always people like you that end up very happy after results day trust me... There was a guy last year who just knew he failed and literally told his mum to get his results because he didnt want to see them... When he looked at them, he got 8As and 2Bs. This was a C grader who never revised btw. I dont know how, but lets divert this to the work of God! (sorry if you are an atheist like 99% of TSR XD) You will be happy, mark my words friend.
Reply 2
Original post by Angelo12231
chill. Its always people like you that end up very happy after results day trust me... There was a guy last year who just knew he failed and literally told his mum to get his results because he didnt want to see them... When he looked at them, he got 8As and 2Bs. This was a C grader who never revised btw. I dont know how, but lets divert this to the work of God! (sorry if you are an atheist like 99% of TSR XD) You will be happy, mark my words friend.

I hope this is the case but I know I will definitely have to resit my science and maths exams and I'm not an atheist so I guess I need to have a little faith

I actually get you haha...but like said before, there is nothing we can do to alter our grades we can only pray for generous examiners and good, low grade boundaries. I feel what you are going through though, sometimes I feel confident I will reach my goals then on other days I feel like I have under achieved what the school expects from me.
Just think of it as some bloke is marking you papers right now, this very instance...i hope that calms you down haha :colondollar:

40 DAYS TO GO BEST OF LUCK PAL
We'll be laughing at the fact we were worried at all sometime next month:wink:
Omg! I thought I was the only one who had nightmares about results day! It's nice to know I'm not alone D:

P.s. good luck on results day! :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by PointDexter
I actually get you haha...but like said before, there is nothing we can do to alter our grades we can only pray for generous examiners and good, low grade boundaries. I feel what you are going through though, sometimes I feel confident I will reach my goals then on other days I feel like I have under achieved what the school expects from me.
Just think of it as some bloke is marking you papers right now, this very instance...i hope that calms you down haha :colondollar:

40 DAYS TO GO BEST OF LUCK PAL
We'll be laughing at the fact we were worried at all sometime next month:wink:

You can resit exams at my school if you pay. At least that is what I heard and hope. Can't you resit at your school?
I'm exactly the same as you. Good student, in all of the top sets, but I just feel like I'm going to be super disappointed.
Reply 7
Original post by Toxic_Legends
Omg! I thought I was the only one who had nightmares about results day! It's nice to know I'm not alone D:

P.s. good luck on results day! :wink:

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that I got a B in English language and I started crying and got really depressed. I actually plan to take English lit at a level so I'm not sure as to to why I'm dreaming about English language. I would have thought most people would be fairly happy with a B but not me. I wish I could be less harsh on myself. :/
You can resit exams at my school if you pay. At least that is what I heard and hope. Can't you resit at your school?

I dont even know if you can resit anymore as they got rid of the Jan entries i thought?
But id still like to do well on result day so i can focus whole heartedly on the subjects I love at A levels...not to mention it'd look embarrassing considering people keep telling me they'll laugh at me if i get As in some subjects.
Year 10 going into year 11 here.

Just wanna say good luck to all of you, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:

You've done the best that you can, and that's all that matters. Anyone who looks down on you for your grades isn't worth your time, honestly.
Original post by JayJay-C19
I'm exactly the same as you. Good student, in all of the top sets, but I just feel like I'm going to be super disappointed.

I am 100% the same haha
Reply 11
I dont even know if you can resit anymore as they got rid of the Jan entries i thought?
But id still like to do well on result day so i can focus whole heartedly on the subjects I love at A levels...not to mention it'd look embarrassing considering people keep telling me they'll laugh at me if i get As in some subjects.

What is wrong with getting an A. That is something to be proud of. Sorry to be rude but I would hate to have your friends. Besides what's wrong with resorting something? It shows that you have dedication and proves to people that you are willing to work hard to achieve what you want if you didn't succeed the first time. Something employers look for...
What is wrong with getting an A. That is something to be proud of. Sorry to be rude but I would hate to have your friends. Besides what's wrong with resorting something? It shows that you have dedication and proves to people that you are willing to work hard to achieve what you want if you didn't succeed the first time. Something employers look for...

Nothing at all in the slightest, id take that now if i am honest...my school is filled with too many clever people...thus the subject you are best at they expect the usual A*s
Reply 13
Original post by Strom
Year 10 going into year 11 here.

Just wanna say good luck to all of you, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:

You've done the best that you can, and that's all that matters. Anyone who looks down on you for your grades isn't worth your time, honestly.

The problem is I'm the one who looks down on myself. I would actually got the rest of my life hating myself if I didn't get the grades I wanted.
Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you actually get the grades you wish for
I am 100% the same haha

It's so annoying!
Reply 15
Nothing at all in the slightest, id take that now if i am honest...my school is filled with too many clever people...thus the subject you are best at they expect the usual A*s

Is hate to be at your school. I'd just feel like such an under achiever. I feel like that now. I have friends that are like me but they seem a little more care free. I wish I could be like that. There would be a lot less pressure.
Is hate to be at your school. I'd just feel like such an under achiever. I feel like that now. I have friends that are like me but they seem a little more care free. I wish I could be like that. There would be a lot less pressure.

I know what you mean...i get hung up on papers far too much and complain over 1 markers haha
Im seriously praying I did well enough
Reply 17
I know what you mean...i get hung up on papers far too much and complain over 1 markers haha
Im seriously praying I did well enough

Did you do edexcel maths?
Did you do edexcel maths?

Is this the early entry one in november?
Reply 19
Is this the early entry one in november?

No I mean the one in June that was the real exam

Latest