The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think so. I think it just helps if you have similar interests and hang around where they choose to hang.

In my experience there aren't a lot of black guys into that whole emo/tattoo scene (well seriously into it). I suppose being into things like rock and skating might help. See loads of tattoo and emo girls.

I'm black too by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe they just like guys that are into the same thing as they are? I'm not sure if black guys are generally into that sort of thing but you never know :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MidnightDream
Maybe they just like guys that are into the same thing as they are? I'm not sure if black guys are generally into that sort of thing but you never know :smile:

No we aren't. From my experience those scenes are incredibly white, though you do get you odd black people in the scene sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by datpiff
No we aren't. From my experience those scenes are incredibly white, though you do get you odd black people in the scene sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought as much :yep:
Reply 5
So in other words one of these type of females will hardly ever find a black, mixed, or Asian guy attractive just because he doesn't share the same musical tastes/subculture as them? Seems a bit shallow. People who listen to hip hop don't only date other people who listen to hip hop?
Reply 6
Original post by yoshibuster
So in other words one of these type of females will hardly ever find a black, mixed, or Asian guy attractive just because he doesn't share the same musical tastes/subculture as them? Seems a bit shallow. People who listen to hip hop don't only date other people who listen to hip hop?

No not at all. There will be exceptions to the rule, but It's just that sometimes people like to talk to people who they have something in common with. Less about race. More to do with having things in common.

I don't have much in common with a load of white kids who like skateboarding, pasting themselves in tats and like punk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but emos believe they are the only good guys in the world and that everyone else is a conformist ****lord
You know girls with lots of tattoos, bright hair colours, piercings, stretched ears, etc. Do these girls only date white guy punk types that are similar to them? I have many of these type of female friends and every single one of them dates a white punk/rocker kind of guy. I have never seen one of these girls with a black, Asian, or mixed guy. I think they might be intimidated by non-white males.

Opinions?

Not dating someone doesn't mean you're intimidated by them. I don't date most people but I'm not intimidated by them. I'm just not attracted to them.

They may find them attractive but that's not the only important thing when it comes to dating someone, some people prefer to have things in common that's all but that is unlikely to be the same for all the girls
Well I know lots of these girls and I'm not white, but the thing is they always only seem to be with/around white guys, so while I have them as friends, I'm now interested in moving romantically towards one of their crowd, but it seems like they will outright reject you if you aren't covered in tats and don't have nose rings. I'm from 'the hood', so how would I approach one of these shy/intimidated girls for dating?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
I think it is just a matter of if he is interested in the same stuff as her. What do you mean be intimidated? :smile:

Most of them are from a suburban/sheltered background. They seem like they would find someone from an inner city background who listens to primarily hip hop to be intimidating, plus they always seem to be small/timid and never with a guy over 5'8.
I think it helps if you have similar interests to them. I have a preference for guys who like the same music as me, just because it means we have more in common and more to talk about. Also, if someone is similar to you, they won't really judge you or make stereotypes. Anyway I get told a lot that my dress sense / appearance doesn't match my music taste at all, and I actually know quite a few girls who like the goth/emo look but mainly listen to hip hop etc.
You know girls with lots of tattoos, bright hair colours, piercings, stretched ears, etc. Do these girls only date white guy punk types that are similar to them? I have many of these type of female friends and every single one of them dates a white punk/rocker kind of guy. I have never seen one of these girls with a black, Asian, or mixed guy. I think they might be intimidated by non-white males.

Opinions?

I don't think it's a matter of being intimidated, I think it's probably just that they date guys that have similar interests to them.
I'm into punk and piercings and stuff and tend to be interested in guys who are similar (and the guys I've been with have been white). Doesn't mean I wouldn't date someone who wasn't white or wasn't "alternative", it just depends on who you meet :tongue:
If you think of a stereotypical alternative-type black guy, weed smoker, long dreadlocks and a taste for anti-establishment music, living somewhere alternativey like Stokes Croft or Camden, I definitely think there is potential for a guy with that sort of image to date a white scene/emo girl. Probably more when you are 18 or older than school age.

As you can tell from the above phrasing I am shockingly out of touch and probably your dad
(edited 9 years ago)
an inner city background who listens to primarily hip hop

This partial sentence is a euphemism for a large set of adjectives that help explain your singlehood.
Original post by ParasiteRex
This partial sentence is a euphemism for a large set of adjectives that help explain your singlehood.

I don't understand. You are saying that only suburban skateboarding kids and young adults are in relationships? I'm most definitely NOT short of female attention. However, I've had enough of the same kind of females, and now I want to sample one of these scene girls. Problem with that?
A lot of emo/scene girls only date guys (or girls) who are also into that, and given that you don't get many black guys into emo/scene, I guess that they don't often date black guys.

I'm not trying to be racist, however of the emo/scene people I've seen, they are practically all white.
Friends with a black guy who was part of that scene, got tons of trim. Went to a few gigs with him and couple girls were all over his afro :lol:

Don't think race matters too much as long as you look/are cool enough.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Just go for it mate, you'll be perfectly fine :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending