The Student Room Group

German help please!?

Hi there, was wandering if anyone would be so kind as to correct any errors in my German work and help me in finding the right words to use in certain sentences? Thanks!!

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Gilo98
Hi there, was wandering if anyone would be so kind as to correct any errors in my German work and help me in finding the right words to use in certain sentences? Thanks!!

Spoiler

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by grizzlybär

Thank you so much :smile: Would rep more than once if it would let me!!
Reply 4

Infact, one quick question, the bit in red at the end of the second paragragh 'Als kind fand ich....' , is that an better way of saying the sentence I wrote preceeding it?
Original post by Gilo98
Infact, one quick question, the bit in red at the end of the second paragragh 'Als kind fand ich....' , is that an better way of saying the sentence I wrote preceeding it?

Als Kind musste ich freilich / natürlich die Nachrichten ansehen und sie haben mich gelangweilt.
As a child, I had to watch the news of course and I was bored.

Als Kind fand ich Nachrichten,- wenn ich sie überhaupt angeschaut habe-, langweilig.
As a child, I thought the news -if I'd watched them at all- were dull.

That's how I would translate the sentences.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Als Kind musste ich freilich / natürlich die Nachrichten ansehen und sie haben mich gelangweilt.
As a child, I had to watch the news of course and I was bored.

Als Kind fand ich Nachrichten,- wenn ich sie überhaupt angeschaut habe-, langweilig.
As a child, I thought the news -if I'd watched them at all- were dull.

That's how I would translate the sentences.

Ah brilliant, I'll think I'll yse your sentence then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending