The Student Room Group

I work in the City, ask me nothing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Galileo Galilei
BNP are weird anyway, they are laying Bankers off left, right and centre

Similar to Barclays, they're laying of 19,000 workers in there IB arm, because they're struggling to compete with other UK banks. They're putting more focus on their retail banking arm.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Similar to Barclays, they're laying of 19,000 workers in there IB arm, because they're struggling to compete with other UK banks. They're putting more focus on their retail banking arm.

And securites.

Whats the picture of the current market situation? Seems bleak to me
Original post by morethanafeeling

By the way, your views against gays are absolutely disgusting and maybe you should bring them up at your next interview to give them a better perspective of your character. Also, your attitude towards women is extremely archaic and very misogynistic.

This. +1
Original post by Galileo Galilei
And securites.

Whats the picture of the current market situation? Seems bleak to me

It's not as volatile as pre-08 but there's definitely opportunities.
It's not as volatile as pre-08 but there's definitely opportunities.

There are always opps :wink:
Is your real name Abdul Karim?
That translates to "slave of the generous", right? Why does someone generous have a slave? How can someone be generous if they have slaves? Why is this name such a contradiction? Why is this so confusing?
Original post by Ferris Bueller
That translates to "slave of the generous", right? Why does someone generous have a slave? How can someone be generous if they have slaves? Why is this name such a contradiction? Why is this so confusing?

Yes, that's my real name. Slave = Servant. In Islam, we believe we are created only to serve at the pleasure of Allah and attain paradise. Allah is generous for providing us an opportunity/path to do enjoin in good and earn an everlasting life in paradise. For me it's quite simple to comprehend, really.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
This. +1

Sadly, I don't think those views will change...
Original post by morethanafeeling
No. Not allowing people basic freedom of choice is a breech of human rights and nothing less than utterly deplorable.

I never said I'm disallowing the freedom of choice. :dontknow:
I never said I'm disallowing the freedom of choice. :dontknow:

You essentially are and you're being incredibly ignorant and a bigot about it.
Original post by Ferris Bueller

Maybe your brain can't cope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Sadly, I don't think those views will change...

One can hope... :redface:
Why do you think you can come here and impose Iraqi in law in this country with your ray guns ?
Original post by James222
Why do you think you can come here and impose Iraqi in law in this country with your ray guns ?

I'm not sure quite what you're asking here. Is it possible you could rephrase the question?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
This. +1

this -1
Some people on the tumblr bubble think they have a right to persecute anyone who doesnt share post 2000 Social Attitudes adopted by metropolitan elite. If you go outside the big cities you will find your views are in the minority,so when you call someone a bigot chances are your calling the majority of the country names. His character the way he conducts himself in society and with others has nothing to do with his personal views on behavior others should aspire to uphold.
Reply 235
kthxbai.

Spoiler

Would you work there until you retire?
I'm not sure quite what you're asking here. Is it possible you could rephrase the question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ0suswOO2E
Original post by kka25
Would you work there until you retire?

No, I'm only working there for the summer as university starts in September. Ideally I would like to work/reside in Dubai.

:lol: The "Iraqi law".. I'm done :rofl:. This is pure gold.
lol the sheer ignorance on this thread is astounding

Well done on your job ..just stay humble..also you do know most banks HR do extensive research on you as an individual, be careful what you say :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest