The Student Room Group

EPQ help with the sheets

im doing an EPQ and I just don't really understand all the planning and stuff, school has been absolutely useless on telling us what to do so can anyone help ?
Original post by Harri_3
im doing an EPQ and I just don't really understand all the planning and stuff, school has been absolutely useless on telling us what to do so can anyone help ?

The entire point is that you're meant to do the planning yourself - your school isn't supposed to tell you what to do. You're marked on your independence so being told what to do by your school would completely defeat the object?
Original post by Harri_3

What are you finding difficult? :smile: If you could explain a little further, I'd be happy to help you!
Reply 3
Original post by itssimplyme
What are you finding difficult? :smile: If you could explain a little further, I'd be happy to help you!

Oh thanks much more useful than other people ....
well tbh its just do I have to debate both sides of an argument for the question? guess its just the writing of it itself :/
Original post by Harri_3
Oh thanks much more useful than other people ....
well tbh its just do I have to debate both sides of an argument for the question? guess its just the writing of it itself :/

You need to form a title such that you can analyse, evaluate, explain and include different opinions etc rather than simply narrate something (description) I remember being told to approach it impartially!

Have you got a title at the moment? What I did was a little thought shower of various different topic areas that I was really interested in or things that I wanted to research further into. Anything that comes to mind, just write it down! They can be so random...once you've done that, consider what exactly it is within those areas you're interested in. So for example part of my thought shower just said economics, but that's so broad! I then realised I liked development economics. Another part of my mind map had "poverty, comparing wealthy countries with those in poverty" written down. And there was 1 link and something I could look into.

Write absolutely everything that comes to mind because with the EPQ it's all about the journey :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest