The Student Room Group

BTEC results day 2014

Does anyone know when results day is? On the Edexcel website it says they don't get released until 14th August like the A Levels but after reading posts on here about last years it said that they gave results out every Monday and Wednesday from the 17th July onwards, does that mean the same will happen this year? I also read that someone on here already have their results. I'm so confused. :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayleighisonfire
Does anyone know when results day is? On the Edexcel website it says they don't get released until 14th August like the A Levels but after reading posts on here about last years it said that they gave results out every Monday and Wednesday from the 17th July onwards, does that mean the same will happen this year? I also read that someone on here already have their results. I'm so confused. :confused:

The Edexcel website is correct, the certificates aren't released until 14th August, however a copy of the Student Report Form is usually given to you, along with all the work you've completed over the two years.
Reply 2
Original post by Binary Freak
The Edexcel website is correct, the certificates aren't released until 14th August, however a copy of the Student Report Form is usually given to you, along with all the work you've completed over the two years.

Thank you, do you know when the report is given out? If it's been given out before the 14th can I send this to the university?
Thank you, do you know when the report is given out? If it's been given out before the 14th can I send this to the university?

Not entirely sure, but I'd ask the college if they have a copy or whether they have sent you a copy (some colleges don't do this)

The results for the BTEC are usually sent to UCAS and it's all done through there.

If you don't have the offer updated by 14th August then just bug your centre about it, and Edexcel if need be.

Don't worry about it so much at the moment.
Reply 4
Not entirely sure, but I'd ask the college if they have a copy or whether they have sent you a copy (some colleges don't do this)

The results for the BTEC are usually sent to UCAS and it's all done through there.

If you don't have the offer updated by 14th August then just bug your centre about it, and Edexcel if need be.

Don't worry about it so much at the moment.

Ahh okay, thank you so much for your help :smile:
BTEC sends your results to UCAS and your college.

UCAS will send your results to your firm and insurance choice, your profile will be updated as this happens. You'll know if you got in before you got your results.

Your college will have a policy in place for releasing results, they may mail them to you or ask you to go in to collect them. This can happen any time between July 4th and August 14th.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6

I received my certificates through the post last week
Reply 7
Original post by mynameisntdoug
UCAS will send your results to your firm and insurance, and your profile will be updated as this happens. You'll know if you got in before you got your results, but you will receive your results at any time between now and August 14th (it depends on the policy your college has in place).

Ahh okay thank you :biggrin:

Original post by yt7777
I received my certificates through the post last week

Ooh lucky you, do you know when your college sent your grades off?
Reply 8
Ahh okay thank you :biggrin:

Ooh lucky you, do you know when your college sent your grades off?

I scanned my certificates and emailed them to my firm choice and they changed my offer to unconditional on Friday
Reply 9
My work got sent off late June for my BTEC Subsidary Diploma. I was told that the college will mail the results out when they receive them.

When will the college most likely receive the result back given that it was sent off two weeks ago? I need my BTEC result by results day as I'm going to university on a programme that's separate to UCAS and they need the result as proof.
Reply 10
x

Sorry to bother you just a quick question. After your college sends your results to Edexcel, what happens? do they send it to UCAS or does the school? :confused:
Original post by NStar95
Sorry to bother you just a quick question. After your college sends your results to Edexcel, what happens? do they send it to UCAS or does the school? :confused:

Your college will send the coursework and further details to Edexcel/BTEC, who will then send the results back to the college & UCAS if you are registered on UCAS.

Original post by ArisR16
My work got sent off late June for my BTEC Subsidary Diploma. I was told that the college will mail the results out when they receive them.

When will the college most likely receive the result back given that it was sent off two weeks ago? I need my BTEC result by results day as I'm going to university on a programme that's separate to UCAS and they need the result as proof.

It's very likely it will be around the 14th of August. If you contact your college's exams department, they may be able to prepare your results sooner if they receive them before the 14th.
Reply 12
Your college will send the coursework and further details to Edexcel/BTEC, who will then send the results back to the college & UCAS if you are registered on UCAS.

Oh I see, thank you for clearing that up :smile:

Is the SRF form the actual grades you're going to get, or is it a prediction made by the college you went to? I met the conditions of my offer exactly, according to the SRF form, should I be worried about EDEXCEL changing my grades?
(edited 9 years ago)
BTEC sends your results to UCAS and your college.

UCAS will send your results to your firm and insurance choice, your profile will be updated as this happens. You'll know if you got in before you got your results.

Your college will have a policy in place for releasing results, they may mail them to you or ask you to go in to collect them. This can happen any time between July 4th and August 14th.

So will UCAS track tell me when my results have actually been sent to my choices?
Original post by yt7777
I scanned my certificates and emailed them to my firm choice and they changed my offer to unconditional on Friday

I thought UCAS did that for you?
Original post by IrishGuy_94
I thought UCAS did that for you?

There are some cases where this doesn't happen, so you have to forward the results yourself. It's pretty rare and you can contact your CF on August 14th to confirm they're received your results.

Original post by IrishGuy_94
So will UCAS track tell me when my results have actually been sent to my choices?

UCAS Track will only tell you when a decision has been made on your application, there's a chance you may have your results before a decision is made but usually this is not the case.

This may clear things up a bit: The UCAS Blog: BTEC results and what happens with them...
BTECs just make me laugh lol, should be scrapped ASAP.
Original post by Kabulkid
just make me laugh lol

ok
ok

????? okay???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending