The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
I have to agree. I love straight hair but not weaves. We have our own hair so why wear a whole head of fake hair? Its definitely a cover. It's very odd that what I mentioned then started go onto the path of men find weaves better than natural hair? The thing is I like all hair wether its a curly afro or thin and wavey. I just think that more thought should be put onto the reasons why someone loves to wear a whole head of other people's hair on a daily basis with no specific reason?

My hair is not an accessory. It is considered a major part of my beauty...

Do you like weaves? Not the sort that beyonce or Naomi Campbell wear (even thought I'm pretty sure they wear lace fronts). The type that you see black women wearing daily. The ones that moves with their head.

I think that poster simply sees it as an attack on weave wearing black women rather than people trying to understand the deeper issues into why they wear them. So when you say anything negative about it for them they will instantly take it as an insult instead of having a broader discussion into the reasons behind it.

No one can pretend that a weave is simply an accessory for black women only way you can do that is if you have missed the last century of black history and are totally ignorant of it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 341
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol that racist guy is still arguing with everyone. Left this thread days ago and he's still carrying on lel.

Which racist guy?
A cool just noticed he's banned.
Original post by Mancini
Which racist guy?

fojodef. Goes on every thread posting 'every *insert race* is blah blah blah' and argues with anyone that disagrees lmao.

And then he made some troll thread saying he was converting to Islam. And pretended he'd been all over the world to different holy places.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Those lines I have put in bold illustrate what I am addressing here perfectly the levels of narcissism and the obsession with their external self which these women including the thread poster portray the physical self is ever important. Instead of focusing on their personalities which at times for them can be really disgusting all energy is poured into defending their beauty their external outlook.

Than that anonymous poster as so many are in here, which I guess you need to be when you are somewhat deluded. Goes on to use Kerry Washington an American black woman as an example of beauty Kerry Washington a black woman who some can describe as simply a black example who passes western beauty standards yet at the same time these posters will complain about western beauty standards?

Also what does it tell you that a black women who plays a Caucasian males concubine in her show Scandal is an example of beauty to her? shows you what kind of media they consume.

''For some African American women, the scripting of a professional African American woman being treated somewhat like Sally Hemings, the concubine and corporate property of President Thomas Jefferson, is scandalous.''

Barbara Reynolds- www.washingtonpost.com

Another anonymous poster earlier mentioned an obscure black princess of Liechtenstein Princess Angela , wife to a Prince of Liechtenstein as an example of a successful black women. Why is it that in both these examples Kerry Washington and Princess Angela they are both western examples of black beauty and they are both attached to Caucasian men?

Not that I have anything against Princess Angela its just the fact that she is being used foolishly by the anonymous poster as an example of a successful black women simply cause she married a Caucasian Prince. sure she also mentioned some of Princess Angela's early business successes but lets face it if Princesses Angela was not married to a Caucasian Prince she would have not even been mentioned by her.

Could it be that that is these black women's goal overall is to capture the heart and attention of a Caucasian male?

Every example they post is about painting themselves as worthy of Caucasian male admiration even in the form of a concubine. To be successful for them is to gain Caucasian male admiration.

Once again the idea of needing to be validated by a Caucasian male pops up again, attention from Caucasian males is very important to them. I should not have to say this but I am not talking about all black women not even all the ones that date or want white men but its probably likely in a large majority of them this white male attention craving traits exist.

I guess I understand at least a part of where this behaviour traits comes from the white male being an example of success in the western world which is quite obvious, don't think I should have to mention it. For a particular type of black woman for them to be attached to one must feel like a great accomplishment even if it has to be in the form of a concubine.

It somehow proves to them that they are not unattractive, not below western beauty standards they are as good as all the other women who can bag a Caucasian male.

I hope people don't see this as me bashing black women or Caucasian males I am all for people coming together, however, the initial poster did say this thread is about understanding people and so I think bringing this issue to light is an important part of this discussion.

Firstly I did mention Oprah so let's not just pick on the negatives of this conversation.

Secondly what you mention is not a black female, white male issue.
I think we need to remember that the amount of black females that seek males of other races is still very low. Now black males seeking white females is very high so I would say that black women may try and westernize their feature for both black and white men due to the lack of black man interested in black beauty nowadays. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, black women are having to seek out men of other races due to the lack of black men interested in them.

For me personally, Seeking out a white male doesn't make me that comfortable. I don't feel as comfortable as a black male may be when seeking a white female. But race doesn't matter as much to me as it may to with other black females so if I really had feeling for a guy then its worth a shot whether the black white purple Asian.
fojodef. Goes on every thread posting 'every *insert race* is blah blah blah' and argues with anyone that disagrees lmao.

And then he made some troll thread saying he was converting to Islam. And pretended he'd been all over the world to different holy places.

lol you so obviously stalked that guy and got him banned
Original post by Shaolin Punk

Nah I just go on the race bait threads a lot. I've only ever reported 1 person lel.

Nah I just go on the race bait threads a lot. I've only ever reported 1 person. And they were just blatantly throwing around racist insults at people calling them pakis and curry munchers n stuff lol
Nah I just go on the race bait threads a lot. I've only ever reported 1 person. And they were just blatantly throwing around racist insults at people calling them pakis and curry munchers n stuff lol

Hmmm. So how come you know he made the troll converting to Islam thread?
Original post by Sopheea
Now before anyone starts with the - Im not picky i like anyone/race doesn't matter everyones equal, please just don't, everyone true to themselves has a conscious preference, and this here is like a survey.
1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
not judge)
4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.

Again, this is just for the sake of understanding other peoples choices, no judging here.

To all those out there thinking this is to give black girls a confidence boost or to tear down their pride, get of your high horse, some people enjoy seeing opinions of others for the sake of learning, i am here to see the generalisations, of course i know people are different everywhere, if everyone was the same life would be boring.

If you do not approve of the thread simply don't answer it, and waste my time.
Arguments are obviously expected but try not to me immature about it please.

Thank you to all those that have given me answers to work with :biggrin:

Okay another edit-
Look at racism like the class system in lets say france before the revolution.
People got privileges because they were in a particular class and people suffered cause they weren't.

So racism is simple a kind of equality were a person gets included or receives a privilege because he or she is a particular race, or a person is excluded or treated badly because of his her race.

Like how high school was depicted in mean girls.

Now we all know that the mean girls kind of high school has been overthrown in most high schools these days, everyone is now usually equally different, theres some bullying here and there but its not usually the whole school against a group of people because a group of people made it that way, its a group of people being irrelevant till they make themselves relevant, like show business.

So why can't people see racism like this and know that its practically extinct, and what the problem now is, stereotyping, which is being sceptical of people you barely know, because of what the universal view about them is one thing or the other.

Its not necessarily a bad thing in this day and age, as there are some real shady ones out there, and an animated example of stereotyping would be a texas standoff, everyones gun is up and ready to fire at a target because of fear of being harmed. But the unfortunate thing is in that situation everyone is harmed one way or the other.

Thats what we should be tackling though, how to understand each other, and we can't do that till everyone, as the term implies puts down their gun.

A famous philosopher (i think) once said if you search for the bad in a person you will find it

asian and black gurls tend to be most attractive to me

however its most likely given my demographic that il end up with a white gurl
Hmmm. So how come you know he made the troll converting to Islam thread?

Because I saw it and clicked on it lmao.

Bait...

*Exits Thread*
(edited 9 years ago)
Bait...

*Exits Room*

Your fojodef...

which race of girls you prefer the most?
Original post by Ambrosia_angel
Your fojodef...

lol
Original post by slade p
which race of girls you prefer the most?

Don't have much preference. Have seen a lot of hot girls in loads of different countries.
lol that racist guy is still arguing with everyone. Left this thread days ago and he's still carrying on lel.

I've spent the last couple of days trying to figure out what the hell was going on in this thread. I still have no clue, but it's pretty entertaining. Gotta say though, every time I attempted to read a foodef post, I lost an IQ point.
Original post by Sopheea

To all those out there thinking this is to give black girls a confidence boost or to tear down their pride, get of your high horse, some people enjoy seeing opinions of others for the sake of learning, i am here to see the generalisations, of course i know people are different everywhere, if everyone was the same life would be boring.

I don't think black girls need a confidence boost....They tend to walk around as if they are the dogs *******s
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 358
Original post by Ben_Dover
I don't think black girls need a confidence boost....They tend to walk around as if they are the dogs bullocks

Thats a generalisation
Because of the high frequency of posts that this thread has generated, which have been deemed offensive on many occasions, I have closed this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending