The Student Room Group

if a girl at your uni was a stripper .. would you judge her

if a girl who was at your uni who you knew was a lapdancer in a club
what would you think of her
would you judge her?

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't judge her. It's her life and that's nothing to do with me.
I'd be envious that she can make money so easily with her body.
Reply 3
lets be honest, many would judge her as a slut
of course I would, realistically - how could I not?
humans judge everybody, so this is just another (more emphatic) example of that
People have no right to judge another because of their choices. As long as it doesn't have a negative impact on them.
Original post by fortunesfool

recognising that other people have different lives to you doesn't mean that you don't judge them for that, though - that's got nothing to do with the question
Reply 7
I personally wouldn't. I understand it is a good way of making money and when you're student....
Fair play to her.
I think it would depend on the personality of the girl, I'd be more prone to judge her as a "slut", if she was full of herself and dressed quite tacky, as opposed to if she was a genuinely nice, friendly person and maybe had a personal reason for being a stripper, such as finanicial issues. Most people judge others naturally, so I guess it's just how they present themselves overall.
Nah I wouldn't judge her. Its her own life and she can make her own choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd think 'bit unorthodox' that carry on with my life. And find pictures.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'd be envious that she can make money so easily with her body.

Be a stripper in a gay club...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fortunesfool

Agreed. I imagine if they did go into that type of job, they're desperate for money.
Honestly, I would think about her quite a lot, just wondering if she chose to be a stripper, or if circumstances had forced her into it.

But I wouldn't judge. I have no right too.
No. Good on her for making money to fund her education. It's not hurting anybody..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by capachino
if a girl who was at your uni who you knew was a lapdancer in a club
what would you think of her
would you judge her?

Why - are you looking to become a stripper?

Original post by VeniViciVidi
I'd think 'bit unorthodox' that carry on with my life. And find pictures.

Pretty much this. Live and let live... Unless it's a family member. A somewhat hypocritical stance, but I guess you're naturally protective over family members?
I honestly wouldn't judge. It's her life and you don't know the circumstances she is in. It is unfortunately a sad fact that uni fees and living expenses are causing some young women (and men) to resort to stripping for making ends meet.

If I was a good friend of hers and she didn't enjoy doing it but "had" to do it, then I may suggest other ways of coping financially or help her out if I can (e.g. sharing rent and other expenses by living together).

If she purely did it because she wanted to (for the experience etc.) or because she liked it, I still wouldn't judge. Certain things appeal to certain people and in some ways, credit to her for wanting to do something that's frowned upon.
Yes, I judge everybody anyway.
Original post by zippity.doodah
recognising that other people have different lives to you doesn't mean that you don't judge them for that, though - that's got nothing to do with the question

I said that I wouldn't judge her? So I've answered the question. That's not necessarily true. How/ why would you judge someone for something you have no experience of or don't know their reasoning behind it?

Quick Reply

Latest