The Student Room Group

Help! PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE or PHARMACY?

I am Pharmaceutical Science (MPharmSci) student and I have just finished my first year. Initially I had applied to do Pharmacy but my grades weren't high enough so I was given the opportunity to do this course. This year I have achieved 70% overall which means I can transfer to Pharmacy if I want to. But the thing is, I am unsure what to do right now. Will it be better to transfer to Pharmacy or carry on studying Pharmaceutical Science? Which course is better in terms of getting a really good job? And also which one is better in terms of actually get a job
Reply 1
I personally think you should transfer to pharmacy because you get a really good job and the pay is good. However with pharmaceutical you only get a job in industries which is hard to get it and the pay is not so great.
Quick question pls how difficult is first year pharmaceutical to get 70%. and did you study A-levels before getting into pharmaceutical.
Reply 2
Original post by Asrab
I personally think you should transfer to pharmacy because you get a really good job and the pay is good. However with pharmaceutical you only get a job in industries which is hard to get it and the pay is not so great.
Quick question pls how difficult is first year pharmaceutical to get 70%. and did you study A-levels before getting into pharmaceutical.

Hi. Thank you for your post. I am going to do pharmacy. I recently transferred. It isn't that hard to get 70% in my opinion. The Pharmaceutical Science course just MAINLY builds on the A-level stuff you learn in chemistry and biology. There are of course some new things as well. And yeah I did do A-levels before getting in. I did chemistry, biology and maths.
Reply 3
Is it mostly chemistry based and can I also ask which university you went to? I'm also planning to do pharmaceutical science at Kingston in hope of transferring to Pharmacy.
Reply 4
Original post by aliya123
Is it mostly chemistry based and can I also ask which university you went to? I'm also planning to do pharmaceutical science at Kingston in hope of transferring to Pharmacy.

Yeah it is. But there is some biology too. I go to Kingston University.
Reply 5
I am Doug. Pharmaceutical science and am thinking to transfer after first year, how did you transfer in terms of cuss to do pharmacy can you wait until you get ur result in the summer or do I have to submit a personal statement by January?
Reply 6
Original post by Nanthini
I am Pharmaceutical Science (MPharmSci) student and I have just finished my first year. Initially I had applied to do Pharmacy but my grades weren't high enough so I was given the opportunity to do this course. This year I have achieved 70% overall which means I can transfer to Pharmacy if I want to. But the thing is, I am unsure what to do right now. Will it be better to transfer to Pharmacy or carry on studying Pharmaceutical Science? Which course is better in terms of getting a really good job? And also which one is better in terms of actually get a job

I am Doug. Pharmaceutical science and am thinking to transfer after first year, how did you transfer in terms of cuss to do pharmacy can you wait until you get ur result in the summer or do I have to submit a personal statement by January?
Original post by AliKhan96

From what I've been told it would depend on the university, give a few of them a call. A friend transferred but she only managed to get on since it was at the same university. I think you can only transfer to the same university pharmacy course as other universities will not recognise the first year of the degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nanthini

TRANSFER TO PHARMACY!! it is so much better in terms of pay and it is more enjoyable
I completed my BPharmacy (4yrs) and MPharm in Pharmaceutics (2yrs) from India. arrived in london around a month ago and have no clue yet, as to whether i'm eligible to apply for jobs in pharmaceutical industry or if i have to do PG Diploma in OSPAP course for foreigners from a uni first? Do you guys have any suggestion. please do respond. in dilemma ryt nw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending