The Student Room Group

UK soldiers put on alert after muslims plot another Lee Rigby style murder

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/soldiers-high-alert-lee-rigby-style-3845160

Government send warning notice to UK troops about plot to kill more soldiers by muslims. Muslim reportedly approached soldiers and photographed a military event. Apparently they have a picture of the muslim suspect so why not arrest him?

Thoughts on this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ace123
Apparently they have a picture of the muslim suspect so why not arrest him?

Because he does not appear to have committed a crime

Converting to Islam
Talking to soldiers
Taking photos in a public place

What could they arrest him for?
Unfortunately it has to be admitted that he terrorists have won if this is the level of precaution we are living with.
Government figures show that there are hundreds of men coming out of prison being either converted to Islam or lapsed Muslims being radicalised whilst inside.
This problem isnt going to go away, it will ony get worse.
Original post by TenOfThem

Converting to Islam
Talking to soldiers
Taking photos in a public place

^This is enough to put you on "the high alert" list, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Muslims"

One person represents all Muslims now? :rolleyes:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
"Muslims"

This. From past posts the OP seems to really hate Muslims...
"Muslims"

PRSOM

Unless the article is missing some key details I don't see how his behaviour is suspicious. Maybe he's interested in joining the army. Maybe he found what the soldiers were doing interesting. People take pictures of everything and anything nowadays so this is really no reason to label someone a potential murderer.
They should just kill the bastard and make it look like a house robbery or something.
Original post by de_monies
This. From past posts the OP seems to really hate Muslims...

Exactly

Original post by FishLover
PRSOM

Unless the article is missing some key details I don't see how his behaviour is suspicious. Maybe he's interested in joining the army. Maybe he found what the soldiers were doing interesting. People take pictures of everything and anything nowadays so this is really no reason to label someone a potential murderer.

This!
Reply 9
Why do they let them in the first place? If they dont expect things like this to happen, then
they are obviously stuck in their perfect, higher class lives,.....imagine some higher class
living in a flat next to 5 muslims or something- that would soon open their eyes- they would
not like the sight of it for a start !
"Muslims"

In no way does the article say that whatsoever, you sound like you're just looking for an excuse to be outraged.

The man is an ex-convict who converted to Islam behind bars.

Radical Islam is quite prevalent in prisons, and the fact that the man is a former criminal indicates he might commit a crime again.

Owing to the fact that Muslims consider fellow Muslims the world over as their "brothers", there is an almost universal hatred of the UK armed forces because of their actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So we have an ex-convict who converted to Islam and therefore has precedent and also the motive to attack a member of the armed forces investigating said armed forces. Of course it's a cause for concern.

The fact that he is a Muslim is very relevant, and turning a blind eye to that out of fear of being labelled as Islamophobic helps no-one.
Original post by tengentoppa
In no way does the article say that whatsoever, you sound like you're just looking for an excuse to be outraged.

The man is an ex-convict who converted to Islam behind bars.

Radical Islam is quite prevalent in prisons, and the fact that the man is a former criminal indicates he might commit a crime again.

Owing to the fact that Muslims consider fellow Muslims the world over as their "brothers", there is an almost universal hatred of the UK armed forces because of their actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So we have an ex-convict who converted to Islam and therefore has precedent and also the motive to attack a member of the armed forces investigating said armed forces. Of course it's a cause for concern.

The fact that he is a Muslim is very relevant, and turning a blind eye to that out of fear of being labelled as Islamophobic helps no-one.

I was referring to the OP
I was referring to the OP

But there's nothing wrong with the OP either. The person allegedly plotting the murder is a Muslim, and the motivation for killing a soldier is his religion.

I see no problem with calling the man Muslim.
Original post by tengentoppa
But there's nothing wrong with the OP either. The person allegedly plotting the murder is a Muslim, and the motivation for killing a soldier is his religion.

I see no problem with calling the man Muslim.

"Muslims plot another attack" is a hyperbole and makes it sound representative of Muslims
Rivers of blood I cannot wait. The more violence the better as we can retaliate.
Respect from a fellow Muslim, good to know not everyone thinks how the media do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AngryWhiteMan
Rivers of blood I cannot wait. The more violence the better as we can retaliate.

You have got to be kidding me. Are you for real?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guided-one
You have got to be kidding me. Are you for real?Posted from TSR Mobile
People retaliated over the Lee Rigsby killing didn't they? With the spread of ISIS we'll see a new wave of extremists but it'll backfire as the public will eventually stop being tolerant pussys and give Islam the boot.
People retaliated over the Lee Rigsby killing didn't they? With the spread of ISIS we'll see a new wave of extremists but it'll backfire as the public will eventually stop being tolerant pussys and give Islam the boot.

Yes some extremists did retaliate. If theh actually had some intelligence they would have realized that around 99% of Muslims were against the murder of Lee Rigby.

Islam is against the killing of innocent civilians, the likes of Lee Rigby.

ISIS: they won't last and I don't think theres a single scholar of Islam that supports them. They don't even represent 1% of Muslims. (Please do your own research before commenting of these topics)

'Give Islam the boot'? Mind clarifying what you mean by this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do the world a favour, never have children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending