The Student Room Group

Friend has been hanging out with dodgy russians all summer ?

Me and a friend on a night out came across a group of rather wealthy russians(could tell my watches they were wearing) they bought us drinks etc and then we left, the encounter was for less than 30 minutes. They gave us their number but I never rang them.

Unknown to me my friend kept on texting on them and theyve been hanging out throughout the summer and they have showered her with gifts. Now my friend is on the verge of quitting her job (at Asda) for a modelling job in Russia ??

It all seems very suspicious and Ive told my friend to be careful but she doesnt listen.

My friend also has a boyfriend which she hasnt mentioned to the russians. What should I do, I could try and get hold of her parents but I dont even know them.

Scroll to see replies

Tell her parents, this sounds dodgy
Reply 2
Whatever you do, tell someone.

Parents, siblings, teacher, tutor even the police.
Grooming, if shes legal there isn't very much you can do. Her choice...
Have you ever seen 'Taken'? If not, I would.
Reply 5
Tell her parents. This doesn't sound right...
Reply 6
Original post by EatAndRevise
Tell her parents, this sounds dodgy

Say what exactly ? Your adult daughter has been offered a modelling job in Russia bringing her shelf stacking career to and end
Original post by Anonymous
Say what exactly ? Your adult daughter has been offered a modelling job in Russia bringing her shelf stacking career to and end

Well when it comes to it her parents will know bout the modelling job and u can slyly let slip that she might be going with russian guys who im assuming are older?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I guess you'd feel differently if they were British?

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Alarm bells" "Alarm bells"

Tell her parents the Russians looked dodgy, the rest is up to them. If she then gets trafficked then the parents have themselves to blame, your conscious can be clear.
A bright new career abroad? This is what all the girls that get caught up in the sex trafficking industry think as well.

Avoid. Avoid.
Original post by Jebedee
I guess you'd feel differently if they were British?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, because they would live in Britain. I.e. not shipping you off to some foreign country.

Or: "Your daughter is being trafficked."
Original post by Bulbasaur
Yeah, because they would live in Britain. I.e. not shipping you off to some foreign country.

You can get kidnapped in the UK or anywhere else just as easy. If anything I'd probably wonder why they would come from a country with some of the most beautiful women, to a country with the ugliest women in Europe...looking for models.

It is very dodgy, I don't wnant to be too paranoid but I would definitely not let her go.
How old is she?
She would need to be a full blown idiot to accept their 'modelling offer', human trafficking is no joke in russia
Reply 18
IMHO, I'd call her aside and speak with her before you go ahead and contact her parents. They're probably looking to utilise her for trafficking uses especially since she has a british passport.
Your friend sounds rather pathetic/stupid. Tell her parents...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending