The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5280
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
fukkin pissed at eminem. how can a venue/rapper of the calibre of wembley/eminem have such a **** sound quality team? danny brown and odd future were whack because of it too, best bit was when dre came on and the slim shady act.

Danny brown was there? Wanted to se that geez for time now... What did he perform.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol Wembley.

Terrible stadium.
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol Wembley.

Terrible stadium.

You'd like the area, absolutely heaving with curry houses :rolleyes:

Amazing that the stadium cost £800m and is absolutely charmless, souless and unloveable whereas they could literally have just modernsied the cosmetic facilities(seats, toilets etc) of the old stadium for £50m. The concrete structure of the stadium would have stood for another 50 years...The Olympic stadium in Berlin was modernised that way and looks great.
Original post by Zürich
You'd like the area, absolutely heaving with curry houses :rolleyes:

Amazing that the stadium cost £800m and is absolutely charmless, souless and unloveable whereas they could literally have just modernsied the cosmetic facilities(seats, toilets etc) of the old stadium for £50m. The concrete structure of the stadium would have stood for another 50 years...The Olympic stadium in Berlin was modernised that way and looks great.

It's a sound point. Add to that the pitch is bad and it was over budget and three years late plus has ruined FA Cup semis and it's been a massive failure, should have been built in Birmingham.
It's a sound point. Add to that the pitch is bad and it was over budget and three years late plus has ruined FA Cup semis and it's been a massive failure, should have been built in Birmingham.

:confused:
Original post by manchesterunited15
:confused:

Birmingham bidded for it, it would have cost a fraction of what it cost to build Wembley and I bet it wouldn't have been three years late either.

It makes sense for it to be in the heart of the country when fans are coming from all over, two thirds of fans actually wanted it in Brum (who gives a **** about the fans though?), right next to the airport & motorway, would have been perfect. Looks a lot better than Wembley too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1973657.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1339062/Birmingham-launches-national-stadium-bid.html

Wembley is as close to Brum as youll find in London. Grim, depressing architecture, heavily Indian, full of Argos expresses and weatherspoons etc. No-one ever has a reason to go to Wembley other than for football {shudders}

There is actually no need for a national stadium. Rotate across the country, use the Emirates for London games when necessary.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Wembley is as close to Brum as youll find in London. Grim, depressing architecture, heavily Indian, full of Argos expresses and weatherspoons etc. No-one ever has a reason to go to Wembley other than for football {shudders}

Give it a rest. How many times have you been to Birmingham?

What's wrong with Indian people anyway?
Give it a rest. How many times have you been to Birmingham?

What's wrong with Indian people anyway?

Didnt say there was anything wrong with them , just pointing out that the area has a different atmosphere to other parts of London because of it. Would hazard a guess that there are more white Irish people in the area than white British as well. Just has that vibe about it

Wembley(or Harrow etc) is what I imagine most of the rest of urban UK is like outside London. Concrete pointlessness. Matalan and weatherspoons.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Didnt say there was anything wrong with them , just pointing out that the area has a different atmosphere to other parts of London because of it.

Wembley(or Harrow etc) is what I imagine most of the rest of urban UK is like outside London. Concrete pointlessness

You've never been have you? :biggrin:

I agree with your point about the national stadium btw.
Original post by FKLW
Luke vs Tom is GOAT TSR argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at there arguments closer from now on I swear most of the time it's just Luke swinging first and Tom is just sittin there laughing is ass of probably :biggrin:
Reply 5291
Original post by AR_95
Look at there arguments closer from now on I swear most of the time it's just Luke swinging first and Tom is just sittin there laughing is ass of probably :biggrin:

Love how Luke plays the nice guy role then basically uses Ad Hom as the foundation of his whole argument :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Love how Luke plays the nice guy role then basically uses Ad Hom as the foundation of his whole argument :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought the same for a while. Not trying to bash on luke but even when say Tom or Butty puts up a decent post, Luke will say " wow you've made a decent post for once". I think sometimes he's asking for the **** he gets :biggrin: poor lad
Wembley arena is great, dont know about stadium lo
Original post by FKLW
Danny brown was there? Wanted to se that geez for time now... What did he perform.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah first support act, couldn't hear a word he was saying tbh. got some of his old stuff (dat double entendre) in, wasn't really paying attention either was tryin to find a sound sweetspot while juggling couple pints.

O2 academy is the goat sound experience. lol @ 80k people going for wembley park station afterwards too, man went off like usain bolt before the encore.
Original post by AR_95
Wembley arena is great, dont know about stadium lo

Na man, for an £800m stadium to fail on something as basic as the pitch is totally unforgivable.

I lay into the Emirates but my man Wengy said the priority had to be the pitch and it is superb.

Then there's the corporate section in full view of the TV cameras so the ground looks half empty a lot.

For comparison, Bayern Munich built this for just £270m.

Ignore this, I have had a mare here. Neg me into oblivion.
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on man, you know I seldom ad hom unless I am seriously annoyed.

I'm not gonna lie and say my posts are awesome; I'm not as knowledgable as most others and I can't be bothered enough to research stats to back up my argument.

But I do not only use ad hom; I hate to see people submit a post that is mostly swear words.

I have gotten worse though - I started out here very naive and annoyingly pleasant, but I think the general negativity and desire for people to troll has shaped me in a bad light.
Original post by AR_95
Yeah I thought the same for a while. Not trying to bash on luke but even when say Tom or Butty puts up a decent post, Luke will say " wow you've made a decent post for once". I think sometimes he's asking for the **** he gets :biggrin: poor lad

Not gonna lie, I don't help myself.
It looks like I initiate arguments a fair amount - I make more digs now but when it all began it was just relentless abuse/snide comments from butty and tom.

The ignore list has helped me with butty though, however I should add tommy boy back on to be honest.

Don't like to be labelled like this - I know people have no respect for me here, but I don't want to be seen as an argument starter and "clogger of the threads".
Reply 5298
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Yeah first support act, couldn't hear a word he was saying tbh. got some of his old stuff (dat double entendre) in, wasn't really paying attention either was tryin to find a sound sweetspot while juggling couple pints.

O2 academy is the goat sound experience. lol @ 80k people going for wembley park station afterwards too, man went off like usain bolt before the encore.

Das cool man. Thirty was one of all time favourite albums- discovered him and his voice takes getting used to but he's sick once you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5299
Original post by AR_95

This is true, if i was him I'd just stay out of their way :laugh: funny thing is Butty is GOAT troll on the website and Luke is probably the worst at arguments, get he'll still start with Butty :laugh: too jokes man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest