The Student Room Group

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by interact
girls who can't get along with other girls are usually just bitches themselves

How does that make sense? Me hanging out with guys because I get on with them better makes me a bitch how?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
How does that make sense? Me hanging out with guys because I get on with them better makes me a bitch how?

Reread my comment, and then ask me a question which makes sense.
Original post by Mr Smurf
I don't prefer either gender for friends. But there are some subjects which I tend to talk about more with guys and vice versa. For example most girls I know are not interested that much in football so I wouldn't talk about that nearly as much as I would with male friends.

I feel as if some girls jump on the "girls are bitches so I prefer hanging out with guys" brigade because they think it makes them special or something.

Absolutely. I can kind of understand this as it's a way to disassociate themselves from negative traits that are associated with women, but it's tainting all other women with those stereotypes. I'm surprised to see someone who calls herself a feminist (or did?) come out with this stuff - it really is doing all women down by claiming we're all (or nearly all) like that stereotype. Women aren't any more bitchy than men - it's just that people notice it in women more. My friendships with men involve just as many dramas as my friendships with women.
I get along with animals.
Original post by ArtGoblin
Absolutely. I can kind of understand this as it's a way to disassociate themselves from negative traits that are associated with women, but it's tainting all other women with those stereotypes. I'm surprised to see someone who calls herself a feminist (or did?) come out with this stuff - it really is doing all women down by claiming we're all (or nearly all) like that stereotype. Women aren't any more bitchy than men - it's just that people notice it in women more. My friendships with men involve just as many dramas as my friendships with women.

This. My father is the bitchiest person I know.
Original post by interact
Reread my comment, and then ask me a question which makes sense.

You claimed girls that don't get along with girls are bitches and I asked how.

Not really. I'm open to friendships with women, just in my experience, female friendships don't work. I'm not saying all women are like that. And I've yet to have the same problems with men that I have with women

Original post by SmallTownGirl
This. My father is the bitchiest person I know.

Really? Interesting
Girls are in my experience more sensitive and they tend to be more understanding. Guys love to act tough and invincible and "yeah I'm an emotionless, godless, sex-obsessed, football-playing machine".

That said, I'd be slightly more comfortable with guys in other settings and for different reasons. A) I don't develop crushes on males and B) guys are more likely to share the same interests as me.

So my answer is complicated I guess. Girls are better for deeper relationships (not sexual, strictly friendly) than guys (e.g. I won't ever discuss my feelings with other men), guys are better for more superficial, Xbox-friendships.
I've got male friends but I don't really have a friendship group with guys in, I tend to fall into small groups of girls as a rule, and I'm pretty sure the majority of my friends are girls although I do have good friends who are guys. I've had a few incidences where male friends have asked me out and I'm still terrible at handling it, I deny it's happening, so although I like friends of both genders most of them are girls.
Really? Interesting

Seriously. Like he's nice to everybody but he's so two-faced. Practically everyone he meets gets a bitchy nickname.
I have two friendship groups... one just girls and one mixed gender. I get on with them equally well :smile:

Not really. I'm open to friendships with women, just in my experience, female friendships don't work. I'm not saying all women are like that. And I've yet to have the same problems with men that I have with women

You're probably not as open to female friendships as you think - if you've got this attitude that women are bitchy/more drama/harder to get on with etc. that's going to affect how you form relationships with them. You're expecting problems with women so you get them. I've never had a problem forming friendships with women, and neither have most other women (although a lot of them do still come out with "women are bitchy" stuff, excluding their friends) so I'd have to say the problem is with you.
(edited 9 years ago)
I tend to get along with people who have similar hobbies to me, such as playing video games, dancing, playing Magic the Gathering and RP'ing. As a result most of my friends come from gaming groups which tend to be mostly male. I get along with most, to be honest, but find I have more in common with guys?
I get on with both pretty well although girls can be very bitchy so I prefer guy friends :smile:
It's different. It's pretty chill with the guys but with girls... You would expect a lot of emotions. A lot of bitching. And girls hating each other without knowing each other, it's quite funny. But girls are great to talk to when it comes to really 'deep' stuff.
You're probably not as open to female friendships as you think - if you've got this attitude that women are bitchy/more drama/harder to get on with etc. that's going to affect how you form relationships with them. You're expecting problems with women so you get them. I've never had a problem forming friendships with women, and neither have most other women (although a lot of them do still come out with "women are bitchy" stuff, excluding their friends) so I'd have to say the problem is with you.

I'm pretty sure I keep an open mind about it, and I do have some female friends. I've just yet to meet a group of females I like and that like me - how does that make the problem with me?

Usually I leave female groups alone and just hang around with guys but for some reason female groups are actively nasty to me. Even though I try to stay out their way. So I don't see how I'm the problem
I'm a complete bitch, basically everything OP hates :tongue:
Original post by Cornelius
Girls are in my experience more sensitive and they tend to be more understanding. Guys love to act tough and invincible and "yeah I'm an emotionless, godless, sex-obsessed, football-playing machine".

That said, I'd be slightly more comfortable with guys in other settings and for different reasons. A) I don't develop crushes on males and B) guys are more likely to share the same interests as me.

So my answer is complicated I guess. Girls are better for deeper relationships (not sexual, strictly friendly) than guys (e.g. I won't ever discuss my feelings with other men), guys are better for more superficial, Xbox-friendships.

Perhaps I prefer superficial xbox friendships :lol: tbh I do generally game, read comics and have "guy" interests (my girly interests are things I do by myself) so that might be why
I'm pretty sure I keep an open mind about it, and I do have some female friends. I've just yet to meet a group of females I like and that like me - how does that make the problem with me?

Usually I leave female groups alone and just hang around with guys but for some reason female groups are actively nasty to me. Even though I try to stay out their way. So I don't see how I'm the problem

If you're approaching groups of women with the attitude of "they're bitchy and they're going to hate me" is it really a surprise that they don't like you? Of courseit's going to affect your relationships with them! There are so many different women with different personalities and interests (just like men!) that if you have repeatedly failed to find a female friendship groups that likes you, then that does seem like there's a problem with you. Namely your terrible attitude to women as friends. Have you decided that this feminism thing is taking too long so you're just going to trample on the rest of us to be 'one of the guys'?
Reply 58
I find it hard to get along with other men because most the ones I know are stereotypical and I'm not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Mostly guys, girls are too much effort and trouble and they're a bit crap really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending