The Student Room Group

HELP Need urgent funding advice

Hi all

I have been given a place on a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing at the College of Animal Welfare in Edinburgh. Now SAAS have told me that due to this being classed as less than a HNC they don't fund it. I have been approved for my tuition fees through 24+ Advanced Learning Loan (i am a mature student) as the main office of my college is based in England.

The problem I am having is I can't find any funding for my living costs. I have asked my bosses if they would help me out with this, currently working in vet practice and will be doing part time hours until course finished but this wont cover expenditure with house bills, travel, food etc. They have sadly told me they wont be able to help.

Can anyone please tell me of any funding available to help with this as otherwise will need to give up my place on the course

Thanks in advance
Lisa
Original post by lmswan14
Hi all

I have been given a place on a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing at the College of Animal Welfare in Edinburgh. Now SAAS have told me that due to this being classed as less than a HNC they don't fund it. I have been approved for my tuition fees through 24+ Advanced Learning Loan (i am a mature student) as the main office of my college is based in England.

The problem I am having is I can't find any funding for my living costs. I have asked my bosses if they would help me out with this, currently working in vet practice and will be doing part time hours until course finished but this wont cover expenditure with house bills, travel, food etc. They have sadly told me they wont be able to help.

Can anyone please tell me of any funding available to help with this as otherwise will need to give up my place on the course

Thanks in advance
Lisa

Unfortunatley there is no funding for living costs for level 3 courses except for individual college bursaries for those from very low income households which might cover travel & books but not rent or bills.
Reply 2
Hi all

Thanks in advance
Lisa

How many days is the course a week? The only alternative is to work on the days off.

Unless you can get a Loan off a friend or relative.
Reply 3
Thanks for the help. The college I'm going to be at doesn't do any form of funding. The course itself is part at college and part at placement. I was going to be keeping my job I'm in just now as part time but once I'm on placement i would be only able to work Saturdays which wouldn't be neigh to cover bills.
Reply 4
Hi :smile: might be a bit late on this one but I applied for the same level 3 course as you but then found out there was no funding available after speaking to various companies therefore I am now taking the degree route.

Hope that was of some help :smile:
Hi all

Thanks in advance
Lisa

I've since found out about this: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/overview -see the bottom about the bursary fund, you need to contact the college you have the place with to apply,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending