The Student Room Group

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
I've read a few of my brother's comics. I must say, he is a lot better than in movies xD

Just watched it, Goku is still the boss xD Seriously, Goku was my ultimate childhood crush. It's a shame DBZ has got so **** now :/

Have you seen Hulk vs. Superman? Bro and I were discussing the logistics of it- still not entirely sure how the hulk survived xD

Exactly! Movies make him into a bit of an idiot :lol:

I never actually watched DBZ, BUT YOU HAVE AN ANIME CRUSH. You're my new friend. Someone else who does this :lol: Have you watched FMA:B? You need to. :coma:

No I haven't actually. Hulk wins?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I support equal rights too, I usually define as feminist so that people are aware that feminism is (or SHOULD BE) about equal rights, and not extremists. Yeah that is stupid. I hold the door for anyone male or female, because it's polite.

I wish we didn't even have to have "isms" - why can't people just not be dicks?

Yeah right. I understand the use of feminism to describe the women side of equal rights support but I personally refuse to associate with modern feminists. And yeah, it's ridiculous that she thought that. + If people could just not be *****, the world would be great haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArtGoblin
This is as bad as some of the stuff the TSR misogynists come out with. I don't even know how to respond to this - it is so hard to argue against blind prejudice. I just feel sorry for you really - you're missing out with being friends with some amazing people just because they're women.

Everything is misogynistic nowadays, isn't it? :rolleyes: A girl can't even state that she prefers being friends with men without being accused of misogyny.
It's getting ridiculous now, some feminists seem to be spending more time looking for misogyny where it doesn't exist than actually trying to fight against it.
No I'm not implying mens interests are superior. God, you're reading stuff that isn't there! Women who get along with guys, maybe I should have said that rather than "guy girls"? Because that's what I meant. I also don't think I'm better than other women. I just think that we are different. Neither is better or worse.

Not everyone, literally just groups of women. Everyone else is fine. I always get on with men really well, and "alternative" women (is that gender neutral enough for you? :rolleyes:). It's literally groups of young women, usually insecure ones, that I find really bitchy.

Nowhere have I said all women. Nowhere have I said you. Stop feeling attacked

I know what you meant when you said "guy girls". I still have a problem with that because you're saying they're somehow different to other women; it's saying that women are dull except for a select group who "get along with guys". You can't see how that implies that women are generally inferior to men? You actually said you didn't find groups of women interesting (despite never being about to make friends with them so you don't really know them).

Do you think if you and your "alternative female friends" went out you wouldn't have a good time? Because if you need men there to have a good time that's pathetic. That you always get along with men, but find women so horrific says it all tbh.

I know you didn't say all women. But if some misogynist started a thread saying "Most women are stupid" would you not feel they were sexist?
Exactly! Movies make him into a bit of an idiot :lol:

I never actually watched DBZ, BUT YOU HAVE AN ANIME CRUSH. You're my new friend. Someone else who does this :lol: Have you watched FMA:B? You need to. :coma:

No I haven't actually. Hulk wins?

A huge idiot xD Most are just him blabbing about justice and then flying around looking angsty and overly serious xD

Yeah, I've been told it's strange to crush on a character from an anime. Nice to find somebody else who does :biggrin: Can I just say.. Kirito (plus a few years) from SAO :coma:
Funny you mentioned it, fullmetal alchemist is actually on my summer to watch list xD

Nah, it ends with a weird truce thing.
I know what you meant when you said "guy girls". I still have a problem with that because you're saying they're somehow different to other women; it's saying that women are dull except for a select group who "get along with guys". You can't see how that implies that women are generally inferior to men? You actually said you didn't find groups of women interesting (despite never being about to make friends with them so you don't really know them).

Do you think if you and your "alternative female friends" went out you wouldn't have a good time? Because if you need men there to have a good time that's pathetic. That you always get along with men, but find women so horrific says it all tbh.

I know you didn't say all women. But if some misogynist started a thread saying "Most women are stupid" would you not feel they were sexist?

I have tried to make friends with them, but I also said in my experience. I didn't say all women ever

We probably would, but I dunno, I don't like going out without my boyfriend personally. But that's me and not a reflection on others.

Most, maybe. If he said "I've never personally met any intelligent women" perhaps less so

The problem is that people don't dislike all women, just women like yourself who constantly pick at everything and infer that your under attack from those who you think purely and absolutely hate women. Using labels to explain that she generally gets along with what she calls "guy girls" is not misogynistic or saying that men are superior, but that they are her PERSONAL preference of personality type in regards to female friends. You need to stop reading into things so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like all girl, but don't like all boy groups either.

I'd say I'd rather girls with another boy (or two)

Seeing as my school now is a girls school though, except sixth form, girls are in greater numbers anyway.
A huge idiot xD Most are just him blabbing about justice and then flying around looking angsty and overly serious xD

Yeah, I've been told it's strange to crush on a character from an anime. Nice to find somebody else who does :biggrin: Can I just say.. Kirito (plus a few years) from SAO :coma:
Funny you mentioned it, fullmetal alchemist is actually on my summer to watch list xD

Nah, it ends with a weird truce thing.

Exactly :lol: I CAN FLY. LOL SAVIN DA WORLD. = every superman movie.

It appears we have the same taste in fictional men :coma: I'll spoiler these for you

Spoiler

Top one's from FMA if you need any motivation for watching it :colone:

Well that's ****, I want them to fight :colonhash:
Everything is misogynistic nowadays, isn't it? :rolleyes: A girl can't even state that she prefers being friends with men without being accused of misogyny.
It's getting ridiculous now, some feminists seem to be spending more time looking for misogyny where it doesn't exist than actually trying to fight against it.

This is, yeah. It wasn't that she said she prefers being friends with men; she said that women tend to be bitchy, boring and she doesn't get on with them. This is a ridiculous generalisation to make about such a diverse group and it is sexist.
I get along with people that are kind and my type of person. That tends to be girls because I went to an all-girls and live in an all-female household but I have had best guy friends before. Close friendships with guys can be hard because eventually someone tries it on with the other, unless you're not heterosexual.
This is a very divisive thread because just because you hang out with one gender more doesn't mean the other is defective somehow.
Original post by Skratch My Itch
The problem is that people don't dislike all women, just women like yourself who constantly pick at everything and infer that your under attack from those who you think purely and absolutely hate women. Using labels to explain that she generally gets along with what she calls "guy girls" is not misogynistic or saying that men are superior, but that they are her PERSONAL preference of personality type in regards to female friends. You need to stop reading into things so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is sexist as I have already explained because it is saying that this group are not like other women; they are more like guys, and so all other women who don't fit into this category fit the bitchy female stereotype. It's fine to have a preference of personality type in friends - everyone does. What I'm questioning is why people thing that gender is a personality type and why only women have to pass this personality test but men are apparently fine just because they're men?
I used to have both sets a big mixed group of guys and girls but I think it's a bit awkward most straight guys (not all) want more than just friendship and now I'm in a long term relationship there's always a risk the friend might like you as more than a friend and I don't think fair on any parties. One of my most closest friends was a straight guy I found out he liked me after 2 years of friendship so I ended it because it's not fair on the person. 90% of my friends nowadays are either girls or gay guys much easier that way and straight guy friends are kept at arms length. In my experience A LOT of girls of who have mostly male friends aren't very nice people (not all) they love the attention & are very bitchy there's a reason girls don't get on with their own gender.
Unless you've met all teenage girls in the world, your statement is completely untrue. Generalising is never a good thing.
And I would prefer to not be referred to as 'scum of the earth', thank you very much.

There's a good chance you are though, and you've probably ruined at least one other girls life at some point.

Because that is what most teenage girls do.
It's not weird at all, I get on with both genders but I definitely prefer the company of guys. We just seem to get on much better :smile:
I have tried to make friends with them, but I also said in my experience. I didn't say all women ever

We probably would, but I dunno, I don't like going out without my boyfriend personally. But that's me and not a reflection on others.

Most, maybe. If he said "I've never personally met any intelligent women" perhaps less so

You don't like going out without your boyfriend and you;re calling other women boring? Hmmm...

Really? Really? Someone who's never met any intelligent women out of the thousands of people we probably meet in our lifetimes is not being sexist? You know that's not true.
Original post by vickidc18
I used to have both sets a big mixed group of guys and girls but I think it's a bit awkward most straight guys (not all) want more than just friendship and now I'm in a long term relationship there's always a risk the friend might like you as more than a friend and I don't think fair on any parties. One of my most closest friends was a straight guy I found out he liked me after 2 years of friendship so I ended it because it's not fair on the person. 90% of my friends nowadays are either girls or gay guys much easier that way and straight guy friends are kept at arms length. In my experience A LOT of girls of who have mostly male friends aren't very nice people (not all) they love the attention & are very bitchy there's a reason girls don't get on with their own gender.

So you were exactly the kind of girl that made my life hell...

Just so you know its people like you that are the reason we don't get on with other girls. And you literally can't be Bitchy with mostly male friends because they don't give two ****s about bitchyness and gossip.
It is sexist as I have already explained because it is saying that this group are not like other women; they are more like guys, and so all other women who don't fit into this category fit the bitchy female stereotype. It's fine to have a preference of personality type in friends - everyone does. What I'm questioning is why people thing that gender is a personality type and why only women have to pass this personality test but men are apparently fine just because they're men?

If it helps, I would identify a certain type of women I don't get on with, and would also group a portion of gay men in with them. However I would still describe it as 'I don't get on with most girls because most girls hate me'.

Certain guys hate me too mind, just in lower numbers.
You don't like going out without your boyfriend and you;re calling other women boring? Hmmm...

Really? Really? Someone who's never met any intelligent women out of the thousands of people we probably meet in our lifetimes is not being sexist? You know that's not true.

I'm boring because I enjoy spending time with my partner? :lol:

People have bad experiences :dontknow: I don't think that automatically makes someone sexist
Original post by redferry
So you were exactly the kind of girl that made my life hell...

Just so you know its people like you that are the reason we don't get on with other girls. And you literally can't be Bitchy with mostly male friends because they don't give two ****s about bitchyness and gossip.

Did I say "All" girls no I said most "Not All" get your facts right before you jump down my throat.

Quick Reply