The Student Room Group

World Cup 2014 Final: Germany vs Argentina

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by CB91
IMO, Messi has done enough to be up there with Pele and Maradona. Maldini never won the World Cup, yet he's widely recognised as one of (if not the) best defender ever.

no one will argue that point, Messi is obviously the best football player in the world and is there with the greats so is C.Ronaldo but he wasn't the best player in this WC that was bias...

Also Neur getting golden glove????? How about NAVAS, he made lots more decent saves?
If it went to penalties, we would have won jeez.

MESSI DOES NOT deserve it, he was average all along. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DivinityA
The likes of Muller, Rodriguez and Neuer were easily better than him. Stop kidding yourself.

Rodriguez went out too early to win. Neuer ultimately is a goalie who very rarely touches the ball and really deserved to be sent off in the final. Muller was actually one of the least impactful German players. I thought mascherano was probably the best tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
Yep completely agree but then obviously hundreds of millions of casual fans watch the world cup who take no interest in club competitions.

Yes. But hopefully once this fixation subsides, people will have a measured discussion of Messi's legacy, etc.

Original post by interact
messi's a beady eyed sore loser

Criticism of Messi's performance is fine and deserved, but this is just silly. Please do not pretend that your demeanour would be any different after just losing a World Cup Final.
Original post by WitnessMO
Why are all the German players blonde haired?

They aren't?
Original post by missfats
I AM A BIG FAN OF MESSI BUT HOW DID HE GET BEST PLAYER?

lololololololololololololololololol
GERMAN PLAYERS DESERVED IT.
Muller :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

U suk
Europe 11 - South America 9 :sexface:
lol at Podolski
Original post by Sophsha
U suk

MESSI embarrassed neymar.

sophia! HE was average today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All a bit cramped up there.

Players I'm happy for: Bastian, Neuer, Klose
Original post by DivinityA
They aren't?

ha, my mistake :tongue:
I don't think we will see Messi reach the same level as he did in that Champs League final in 2011, but I think people are being a bit harsh on him. There were several times in that game - as there are in almost every game in which he plays - that Messi was surrounded by 4 or 5 German players and managed to take them all out the game, either by skipping by them or passing it.

It will be interesting to see him with Suarez and Neymar next season, as teams deploying the "everyone mark Messi" tactic, should get picked off with relative ease. Obviously I'm speculating, but it will certainly be interesting to see.
Poldi is such a joker, played hardly any mins at this tournament and he's right next to Lahm with a hand on the trophy as if he scored the winning goal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neymar was best player.

no competition. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 914
NAVAS-Golden glove

Rodriguez- Best player in this WC
Aryan master race brah
LOLOLOL NAZI JOKES ON TWITTER.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Neymar was best player.

no competition. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Based on?
Lol at people acting like messi being best player is ridiculous. Yes he probably wasn't but he carried them to the semis.
Original post by pane123
I don't think we will see Messi reach the same level as he did in that Champs League final in 2011, but I think people are being a bit harsh on him. There were several times in that game - as there are in almost every game in which he plays - that Messi was surrounded by 4 or 5 German players and managed to take them all out the game, either by skipping by them or passing it.

It will be interesting to see him with Suarez and Neymar next season, as teams deploying the "everyone mark Messi" tactic, should get picked off with relative ease. Obviously I'm speculating, but it will certainly be interesting to see.

Yeah he was pretty average. But the other top class players, aguero, higuain and di maria who have all been really poor are getting let off a lot more lightly

Quick Reply

Latest