The Student Room Group

Are we allowed fizzy drinks/juices in a GCSE/A-Level?

I'm guessing the answer to this is probably a no, so I did not ask my exams officer to avoid embarrassment but I just wanted to make sure. Basically, I'm dyslexic and get serious concentration problems in exams, and an energising juice/drink (e.g. pepsi) usually boosts the concentration with the glucose. Just wondering if anyone has any experience, and could offer any advise based on this? Many thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I think it's strictly water based only, as I'm assuming if one was to take an energy drink the results could be affected?
Reply 2
not sure, never seen that before. Try flavoured water?
Reply 3
Youre only allowed water in a clear bottle with the label removed they wont allow anything else unfortunately.
If it's caffeine you want, you could dissolve a caffeine pill in to your water, and down something before you enter.
Just spoon sugar into your water. problem solved.
Reply 6
If youre problem is due to diabetes you should sort out access arrangements witj the exams offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I always took a bottle of lucazade sport to keep me hydrated. This was at A-level and the only thing the invigilators were annoyed about was the label but they just ask you to take it off. The whole strictly water rule is quite lax from my experience.
Im pretty sure when i did my exams, others had other substances than water but with no labels so probably you'd be allowed?
No, no fizzy drinks due to the horrendous HISSSS it makes when you open it, disturbing others and risk it might fizz up and spray all over your exam...
Depends, some exams they're strict about it and others they really don't care.
Reply 11
I brought massive bottles of lucozade with the label off into my exams so I guess maybe just try.
Reply 12
Gcse we could only take water in, and it had to be a clear bottle.
Our drinks have to be clear. Water is fine, as is vodka.
What's about drinking a few energy drinks before the exam or pro plus or orange energy tablets b4 u go in

Nightworld1066
I know you're allowed water but you must take off the wrapping.
Only a clear bottle (without the wrapper) of water is allowed in the exam I'm afraid :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by K1996s
Youre only allowed water in a clear bottle with the label removed they wont allow anything else unfortunately.

That was the same at my school as well.
Reply 18
Original post by helloitsmee
I'm guessing the answer to this is probably a no, so I did not ask my exams officer to avoid embarrassment but I just wanted to make sure. Basically, I'm dyslexic and get serious concentration problems in exams, and an energising juice/drink (e.g. pepsi) usually boosts the concentration with the glucose. Just wondering if anyone has any experience, and could offer any advise based on this? Many thanks! :smile:

Technically no. Although if you're in a separate location like I was (and you have a nice invigilator (and no inspections)) you can get away with it. I don't think there was a GCSE exam I didn't have lucozade in.
Reply 19
Original post by Quantex
Our drinks have to be clear. Water is fine, as is vodka.

So is white wine :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending