The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

AS

Hoping for: AAAB

Expecting: AAAC-AABC

I will open them: with my mates at school

I will react: Over them moon if AAAB or higher and pretty unsuprised if AAAC, but will be bummed out if anything less
Reply 241
A2 :smile:

Hoping for: ACC (Media, Music Tech, Art)

Expecting: BCC

My issue is that I have an unconditional offer and my friend doesn't so If I get bad results I cant make a big deal or say anything, just in case she doesn't get what she wants/needs to get into uni :/ my plan is to open them discreetly, then be with my friend whilst she opens hers :smile: or wait for her to open hers before opening mine :P then I can celebrate with her when she opens them because I'm certain she's done amazingly :biggrin:

Will react discreetly depending on what happens :smile: but we're going out for a meal to celebrate! :biggrin: nom nom nom
Original post by The Room Student
You're at least the dozenth peep to crack that joke... :rolleyes: well, perhaps *where* will you (psychically) open that envelope, or perhaps your results are actually available online beforehand? That's what I was getting at.

Sorry couldn't resist, just ensuring that all variations of the joke were covered :P

In all seriousness I'm probably going to go to college to get them and open them there with my friends.
Hoping for AAAAA
Expecting AABBC at best :/
At least its only AS... gonna ask my teachers about finding out results online, it'll be too embarrassing to start crying in front of everyone!
Good luck to everyone, especially all of you A2 people
Reply 244
expecting BCC will probably get CCC if i'm lucky...
AS or A2 results? AS.

What are you hoping for? In my dreams AAAA or along the lines of AABB, my target BBBB, my safety-net/minimum target BBCC or CCCC, so basically As, Bs and Cs, mainly Bs, I'd like to have. :smile:

What are you expecting? BBCC tbh.

How will you open them? Nervously and excitedly, in a little open space by myself, in a smooth and cautious manner with a bit of hope and moderated confidence.

How will you celebrate / react?
If it's all good, then probably a "Yes!", a smile, and chatting with friends about results, then ringing my mum, asking if she wants the good news now or later. If it's bad then just a deathly silence and a casual, subtle and awkward walking-away in shame, which shouldn't happen. :yy:Celebrations are an uncertain decision right now. Maybe I'll treat myself to some takeaway and chocolate of some sort. :dontknow: But hope it's all good. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
AS results

Hoping for AAAAA

Expecting AAABB

Probably just going to run to some quiet corner and open them myself, not give anything away with my reaction unless I've failed everything in which case I might faint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
AS Results
Hoping for AABB
Expecting ABBC
Will arrive from work, collect my results. Get into my car, open them, look at the bright side and then go back to work. Ah, the joys of farming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bananaicecream
Hoping for AAAAA
Expecting AABBC at best :/
At least its only AS... gonna ask my teachers about finding out results online, it'll be too embarrassing to start crying in front of everyone!
Good luck to everyone, especially all of you A2 people

Original post by marinajelly
AS results

Hoping for AAAAA

Expecting AAABB

Probably just going to run to some quiet corner and open them myself, not give anything away with my reaction unless I've failed everything in which case I might faint.

Hey, are you including general studies, or did you take 5 AS levels too?
Hey, are you including general studies, or did you take 5 AS levels too?

I took 5 AS levels plua general studies! Maths, further maths, physics, chem and history :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinajelly
I took 5 AS levels plua general studies! Maths, further maths, physics, chem and history :smile:

Ahh right cool, similar to me then, only with bio instead of history for moi :smile:

OCR kinda screwed me in my FP1 exam but I'm hoping for AAAAA(A) ...

... it'll be a nervy day for sure!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FlyHigh_er
maths, and then the odd one out, economics, lol. where did you firm? :biggrin:

Oh god, I also had to cram in one day! It was awful, felt so lost, and wished it would have at least been an afternoon exam :/ Eurgh, the trauma of exams is coming back to me :L UofB'ham for Dentistry, and what course are you going to study and where?
My school opens after track has updated so luckily I'll know whether I've got in or not before I get my results. This will then determine how I open my results!! Just want it to hurry now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Oh god, I also had to cram in one day! It was awful, felt so lost, and wished it would have at least been an afternoon exam :/ Eurgh, the trauma of exams is coming back to me :L UofB'ham for Dentistry, and what course are you going to study and where?

I work better under pressure but I left F325 way too late.

Was it in the morning? My mind has blocked everything out so I can't remember anything really 😲 my silly mistakes tend to haunt me

Geology at Bristol, what are your grades? 😊
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Geology at Bristol, what are your grades?

Need AAA, any little mistake and I am a goner :frown: You?
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Need AAA, any little mistake and I am a goner :frown: You?

I only need ABB, since I got the contextual offer. I'm sure you'll do fine 😃 grade boundaries should be low, hopefully
Original post by Changing Skies
Sorry :colondollar:

Well thank you but I can assure you that's not the case :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahhh you'll be ok:biggrin:
so what have you been doing to forget about results day? :tongue:
My one AS grade:

Hoping: B
Expecting: D

Ill probably juts grab the envelope, look inside, see the D and scream at life to go **** itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jayde_tasmin
A2 results:

What are you hoping for? A/A*: English Language, A: English Literature, B: Applied ICT

What are you expecting? A: English Language, A/B: English Literature, C: Applied ICT :frown:

How will you open them? I hate results days, I never get what I expected/hoped for EVER so I'll just open them normally and probably weep a little in sadness and regret. :smile:

How will you celebrate / react? Either be devastated and be in a mood for the rest of the week, or go drinking on my own in unexpected, elated happiness. :colondollar:

Hey hope you get the grades you want, just wondering what exam board are you on for Applied ICT?
Reply 259
Original post by SamTheMan95
A in maths and chem, B in econ, C in bio. Turned it down for an unconditional from
a uni at home. They offered me the standard A*AA. There was no way I was going to be happier in London on my own for 3 years than at home.

I think they probably have a cut off point to aid the less able and not scare people off, though when it comes to the overall grades you still need to get them to get accepted. I had a conditional offer from a university who only usually give offers to students after an interview. I never attended, and was a couple of grades down at AS, yet they gave a conditional offer of AAA (they usually asked for ABB, and there was no A* back then).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest