The Student Room Group

ITV of BBC?

Poll

Which channel will you be watching the final on?

Which broadcast will you be watching tonight?

Vote in the poll.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

BBC

No Chiles

No "Braaaaazil, braaaaaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil"
Reply 2
BBC. HATE ****ing adverts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joey11223
BBC

No Chiles

You missed the best part - no adverts.

Edit: 2010 viewing figures show that BBC had 5 times as many viewers as ITV :laugh: It'll be the same this time around.
(edited 9 years ago)
ITV 4 DEFO...BBC r with the Israelis who r bombing innocents in GAZA...so NO BBC
Im going 4 GERMANY.....!!!!HOPE THEY WIN IT
Reply 6
BBC1, cba with adverts

Whaaaaaaat?!?! How can you hate that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattcam94
Whaaaaaaat?!?! How can you hate that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, the rest of that song is pretty rubbish. That is the one and only catchy line from it, haha.

I watched on BBC. Why would anyone choose to watch Adrian Chiles drivel all his monotone nonsense?
Original post by Reluire
To be fair, the rest of that song is pretty rubbish.

it's sik

ITV all day long. Have a man crush on Chiles.
It was a lose/lose situation. On one channel we had to deal with Adrian Chiles and on the other, Mark Lawrenson's awful commentary. So I watched the game on ITV and switched for analysis on BBC. Sacrificed lack of HD just so I didn't have to listen to Lawrenson.
Reply 12
Original post by Michael!
It was a lose/lose situation. On one channel we had to deal with Adrian Chiles and on the other, Mark Lawrenson's awful commentary. So I watched the game on ITV and switched for analysis on BBC. Sacrificed lack of HD just so I didn't have to listen to Lawrenson.

ROFL at this post
Why anybody would watch ITV when they have an alternative is beyond me. The Brazil song on ITV is good, though. Don't get the hate.
Original post by + polarity -
it's sik

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405293943.742005.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
BBC

No Chiles

Hey thats a good song!
Original post by Michael!

Lawro's a legend

You guys don't understand his sarcasm. I like the mishaps too, that's extra entertainment. Like the Croatian guy being elbowed to the floor, lawro accusing him of being a girl...10 minutes later he's stretchered off. Lawro: "perhaps I was wrong." Lol comedy gold. Most commentators are far too serious and lose the element of being a fan. Lawro adds a light touch. He's great and I'm dead serious. Andy Townsend on ITV?!

The closing montage thing on BBC had a great track:

Run Boy Run - Woodkid (Download Link + Lyrics): http://youtu.be/6uEWkR9NUT4
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Lol @ anybody picking ITV. I'd rather have watched Titanic on Channel 4.
Both are actually terrible and significantly worse than Sky, EPSN, BT or normal stations in Europe. Dutch TV for example spends probably 5x as long discussing tactics and not just cursory discussion of individual players and German stations actually quite entertaining in terms of their banter as opposed to the stuff Shearer/Lineker come out with.

Watching Cannavaro on ITV, I could tell that he thought it was crap coverage.
Reply 19
Original post by Zürich
Both are actually terrible and significantly worse than Sky, EPSN, BT or normal stations in Europe. Dutch TV for example spends probably 5x as long discussing tactics and not just cursory discussion of individual players and German stations actually quite entertaining in terms of their banter as opposed to the stuff Shearer/Lineker come out with.

Watching Cannavaro on ITV, I could tell that he thought it was crap coverage.

Agree.

It's possibly why England are so behind tactically as well. All you hear is (he's a good player). But tbh those two stations are there for the common viewer, they might not want to hear too much about tactics. E.g. Glenn Hoddle knows his stuff but he can't really go into full tactical analysis.

Lee Dixon is average. Hansen can be good at analysing but the guy just rubs me up the wrong way, he's a bit biased. Lineker is just there as a presenter, not as an analyst. Shearer is ****ing annoying, "you don't score goals when you're on the wing Torres" like **** me I didn't ****ing know that already. I actually don't mind townsend too much, says it like it is but he does point the obvious a bit too much. But again it's ITV, it's not a sports station and maybe the common viewer might not appreciate in depth tactical analysis in the middle of a match. That goes to the proper sports stations. Cannavaro clearly had problems with the language barrier as well.

Quick Reply

Latest