The Student Room Group

I feel ashamed

So I'm gay and I went on a certain hooking up webiste and met a guy. We traded pictures and you know how it goes. Now he wants us to meet for the real thing. I'm a virgin and I already feel ashamed for sharing those kinds of pictures. I want to get over my virginity but I don't know how I'd feel after the act. I've only known him for 3 odd days. I'm 18 and him 24.

Advice?
Advice?

Don't do anything you don't want to do.
It's the same for anyone gay/straight/whatever using online dating, no shame in it for anyone.

Stay safe (in all senses), If you're unsure then meet in a public place as opposed to their house.

If you feel ashamed now then you're likely to feel ashamed 'after the act' too, that's not rare though among all sexualities.
Reply 3
Original post by PythianLegume
Advice?

Don't do anything you don't want to do.

The only reason I'm hesitating is that I'm afraid I'll feel like a dirty slut after and that I may feel more lonely than I was before. :don'tknow:
Reply 4
Original post by Scumbaggio
It's the same for anyone gay/straight/whatever using online dating, no shame in it for anyone.

Stay safe (in all senses), If you're unsure then meet in a public place as opposed to their house.

If you feel ashamed now then you're likely to feel ashamed 'after the act' too, that's not rare though among all sexualities.

I've always been paranoid and I feel like for some reason my pictures will spread to people I know. So it's as if I feel ashamed in advance. :redface:

Oh, I thought it was only me haha. So why do people do it if they feel ashamed after? I mean it's better than a prostitute but still.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
The only reason I'm hesitating is that I'm afraid I'll feel like a dirty slut after and that I may feel more lonely than I was before. :don'tknow:

then don't do it. Stay at home and play jenga or something...
Reply 6
Original post by Pride
then don't do it. Stay at home and play jenga or something...

What's jenga? :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arieisit

Jenga is a wooden stick balancing game.
So I'm gay and I went on a certain hooking up webiste and met a guy. We traded pictures and you know how it goes. Now he wants us to meet for the real thing. I'm a virgin and I already feel ashamed for sharing those kinds of pictures. I want to get over my virginity but I don't know how I'd feel after the act. I've only known him for 3 odd days. I'm 18 and him 24.

Advice?

Don’t do it. You’re always going to regret having your first time be some random guy from the internet.
Your virginity isn’t something to ‘get over’ and whilst I’m not going to lecture you on the sacredness of sex (not least because I don’t see it as so sacred) you owe it to yourself to have a meaningful first experience and in the long run, I truly think you’ll be glad of it.

You certainly don’t owe some guy from a hook-up site anything and if you’ve had a change of heart then stay home and do whatever you want. 😊
Reply 9

Advice?

tbh first times often suck anyway. but do you even like him? like, is he attractive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending