The Student Room Group

I'm a Professional Footballer- ask me stuff

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissTique'x
Oh okay. Who do you look up to or admire?

Hiya when I was a kid, I loved untied from the mid to late nineties, so the like of the Neville's, Scholes, Giggs and becks. But current players, I'd say Gerrard, Lampard and Carrick.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, yes most young players have to continue up to A level standard, this is just in case anything goes wrong with your career like a bad injury, then you have at least some qualifications to maybe go on to uni or whatever. I left main stream education when I first signed a pro deal, but the club has a school where it's sends all it's young players until they start to integrate into the first team.

How hard is it to get into the premiership?

Do you think England will win the WC in your lifetime?
Original post by fat_hobbit
How hard is it to get into the premiership?

Do you think England will win the WC in your lifetime?

Its extremely difficult to get into the PL, you have to be at the top of your game, to reach that level. I believe that until we reduce the amount of foreign players in the PL and we start nurturing English coaches- it could be difficult for us to win anything for a long time.
Hi mate cheers for the question. I loved watching united during the mid to late nineties so obviously looked up to the Neville's, Giggs, Becks and Scholes. As an individual I'd say probably not, I'm decent but my progress has slowed up in the last few seasons. However, if my team make some solid investments and we pull together then who knows?

Cool, I wish you the best of luck. Garry Monk started off in league 2 at Swansea and rose to the upper echelons of the premiership so there's always a chance. Another question- do you think the number of foreign players in British football is hindering the progress of the national team?

Edit: Seems like you've answered that already ^
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by frozen_fire
Cool, I wish you the best of luck. Garry Monk started off in league 2 at Swansea and rose to the upper echelons of the premiership so there's always a chance. Another question- do you think the number of foreign players in British football is hindering the progress of the national team?

Edit: Seems like you've answered that already ^

Hi mate, I know a few lads at Swansea, and they all say what an excellent mentor and manager Garry is. Yeah it would be great to emulate someone like him. Feel free to ask any more questions if you think of any.
Reply 45
Why can't one goal keeper score goal into another goal directly? :s-smilie:
Its extremely difficult to get into the PL, you have to be at the top of your game, to reach that level. I believe that until we reduce the amount of foreign players in the PL and we start nurturing English coaches- it could be difficult for us to win anything for a long time.

What is the difference between a premierleague player and a lower league player skill wise
are you satisfied with the number of games you got last season?
Hi cheers for the question. I'm a league 1 player, but cannot tell you what club I play for as yet, because that will start to give my identity away.

Why do you have to be anon?

Whats your salary?

How many hours a week do you 'work'?
Original post by Lil08
Why can't one goal keeper score goal into another goal directly? :s-smilie:

Hi they can, Paul Robinson, Tim Howard and Asmir Begovic, have all done it recently. It just doesn't happen very often.
What is the difference between a premierleague player and a lower league player skill wise

The accuarcy of the passing and speed of the game are probably the two main differences.
The accuarcy of the passing and speed of the game are probably the two main differences.

Is that something you are born with or can you be coached to adapt?
Original post by shawn_o1
are you satisfied with the number of games you got last season?

Hi cheers for the question. Yeah I played a fair bit last season.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Why do you have to be anon?

Whats your salary?

How many hours a week do you 'work'?

Hi it's for commercial reasons, I'm also bound to contract so am unable to disclose what happens behind the scenes at the club. Staying anon is the only way I'm able to do this, or else I'd be in breach of my contract. My salary states at 5.5k a week, but quite a bit of that's taxed as you'd imagine. Then the rest comes in bonuses like goals scored, assists and appearances etc. we train for about five hours a day, Monday to Friday, it all varies depending on games, injuries, etc. for example, we aren't training Monday or Tuesday, because of a pre season tour coming up.
Is that something you are born with or can you be coached to adapt?

You can coach certain things, but you're born with that kind of talent.
Reply 55
Have you played/meet with keiran lee?
Hi it's for commercial reasons, I'm also bound to contract so am unable to disclose what happens behind the scenes at the club. Staying anon is the only way I'm able to do this, or else I'd be in breach of my contract. My salary states at 5.5k a week, but quite a bit of that's taxed as you'd imagine. Then the rest comes in bonuses like goals scored, assists and appearances etc. we train for about five hours a day, Monday to Friday, it all varies depending on games, injuries, etc. for example, we aren't training Monday or Tuesday, because of a pre season tour coming up.

i'm jealous. wish my parents let me play more football when i was a kid lmao.

Do you get a lot of girls being a professional footballer and all.

Also,do you get paid well?
Reply 58
Do you get a lot of girls being a professional footballer and all.

Also,do you get paid well?

He said he gets 5.5k per week before tax.

Why did Emily heskey do well then?

Quick Reply

Latest