The Student Room Group

What to do for girlfriend's birthday?

So by the time my birthday comes around we will have been together for 4 months. She says she has something great planned for my birthday, but hers is 3 days after mine and I'm not sure what to do for hers, I already have a present she will love (I hope!) but am not sure of what to do for her on the day, any ideas?!

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by YThursday
So by the time my birthday comes around we will have been together for 4 months. She says she has something great planned for my birthday, but hers is 3 days after mine and I'm not sure what to do for hers, I already have a present she will love (I hope!) but am not sure of what to do for her on the day, any ideas?!

Thanks.

Well if you've got a good present that's one part sorted. How old are you? I don't know her obviously you just need to decide what sort of girl she is. Will she love getting taken out for a meal, could be a double celebration with your anniversary? Maybe something as simple as renting a film and staying in with her for the night might make her birthday. Do whatever she loves, think of the previous 4 months what has she enjoyed most when you spend time together. If she liked shopping you could take her to london for a weekend? All depends on your age and her interests mate :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jackass.
Well if you've got a good present that's one part sorted. How old are you? I don't know her obviously you just need to decide what sort of girl she is. Will she love getting taken out for a meal, could be a double celebration with your anniversary? Maybe something as simple as renting a film and staying in with her for the night might make her birthday. Do whatever she loves, think of the previous 4 months what has she enjoyed most when you spend time together. If she liked shopping you could take her to london for a weekend? All depends on your age and her interests mate :smile:

Cheers, we're both turning 20 and neither of us can spend a whole lot. You've given some good ideas so thanks for that!

Any ideas of how serious to make this? We are both advocates of taking things pretty slowly and I'm not sure if I should plan a whole bunch of stuff in advance or just see what her plans are for mine and then think of things for her birthday that seem of similar sentimental value. My fear is that there will just be a giant mismatch in what we plan for each other and this being my first relationship I don't really know how much of a deal this will be!

Thanks for the ideas, they've made me freak out a lot less!
Cheers, we're both turning 20 and neither of us can spend a whole lot. You've given some good ideas so thanks for that!

Any ideas of how serious to make this? We are both advocates of taking things pretty slowly and I'm not sure if I should plan a whole bunch of stuff in advance or just see what her plans are for mine and then think of things for her birthday that seem of similar sentimental value. My fear is that there will just be a giant mismatch in what we plan for each other and this being my first relationship I don't really know how much of a deal this will be!

I would say, just make a night in with it, it's cheap and romantic if done correctly. Do you know what sort of films she likes? What her favourite film is? What her favourite snacks are etc.. If so make it personal showing you've given it some thought and just go for it.
Reply 4

No worries, happy to help if i can :smile: don't think big scale then, if you're both 20 and not exactly able to spend a load of money her saying she had something special planned could be a sentimental thing. Something that is unique to your relationship. Don't worry about the mismatch thing, if you're in agreement in taking things slow she isn't gonna do something out of this world romantic leaving you looking like a fool :smile: like i said is there anything that sticks out she clearly enjoys? Is she a mushy old fashioned sort who would like to be taken for dinner? Or more into cosy night in. Don't overthink it and i'm sure she'll be over the moon getting to spend the day with you regardless of what you decide. You can wait to see what she does if it allows you enough time to plan for hers still then you know what the consensus is regarding birthdays :smile: if she's normal she'll love any effort you make and showing her you cherish her and being with her on that day of all she'll be happy i'd say :wink:
// I have no idea. How about what most guys do? Any of the following:

Candlelight dinner :gah:

Chocolates and flowers :flute:

A trip to a spa for two, inclusive of a relaxing exotic massage :rofl:

A small weekend gateway to an island in the Mediterranean :eek4:

A handmade present, because women usually love the handcrafted things - it shows to them that you took time out of your busy lives to make something personal for her - your idea of receiving a mix-tape :hi:

I think the best thing to do would be to go for something not too extravagant since its your first relationship. :goodluck:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Two options:

1. Wait until you see what she does for yours then you can gauge how much money/effort to put into her gift.
2. Anal.

Thanks.

dinner for 2?
Put your willy in her bum. She'll love it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending