The Student Room Group

I'm a Professional Footballer- ask me stuff

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, my club decided this would be a unique way to interact with supporters and the public in general. I appreciate this may be hard to believe, but I genuinely am a professional footballer, and are happy to answer any questions you may have. For commercial purposes I am unable to reveal my identity, so will not be able to answer questions that give who I am away. I look forward to hearing your questions and will try to answer them as best as I can.

Note: This is an exercise to interact with students, for an educational partnership between the club and various academic institutions in the area.

Do you get pissed off when you see players like Bebe playing in a higher league and earning more than you?
Original post by TSA
If you're earning that much, I'm pretty sure you can afford a decent accountant unless you're an idiot.

I don't need an accountant, that's my salary pre tax, whether you believe me or not is totally up to you.
I don't need an accountant, that's my salary pre tax, whether you believe me or not is totally up to you.

Why make this thread? To serve what purpose?
I don't get why you are anon? Surely if I was in your position I would get as much publicity as possible? Seems bs to me, the fact you can't even name your team because of commercial reasons haha
Original post by TSA
Why make this thread? To serve what purpose?

It's a way of engaging with people about professional footballers, and as a case study to academic institutions particular those with a heavy emphasis on sport
Could you beat Ant from Ant and Dec in a fight?
Original post by Super199
I don't get why you are anon? Surely if I was in your position I would get as much publicity as possible? Seems bs to me, the fact you can't even name your team because of commercial reasons haha

I'm bound by contract because I cannot answer questions about things that go on behind closed doors. For example if I told you I play for team x, people would ask me questions about manager team talks etc, all of which I'm unable to disclose. Commercially I'm sponsored by firms, so cannot answer questions about my deal with them. It's up to you whether you believe me or not, I can understand your scepticism, but frankly you can make up you're own mind.
Reply 87
I'm bound by contract because I cannot answer questions about things that go on behind closed doors. For example if I told you I play for team x, people would ask me questions about manager team talks etc, all of which I'm unable to disclose. Commercially I'm sponsored by firms, so cannot answer questions about my deal with them. It's up to you whether you believe me or not, I can understand your scepticism, but frankly you can make up you're own mind.

Pls respond to my question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muj121
Do you get pissed off when you see players like Bebe playing in a higher league and earning more than you?

Not really I just enjoy who and where I play, so just focus on that.
Original post by FKLW
Pls respond to my question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry mate what was you're question?
You sound like a decent down to earth bloke, most people think footballers are arrogant pricks.

What would you do if you weren't a footballer? University ect.
Original post by scotttb
Could you beat Ant from Ant and Dec in a fight?

Maybe!
Reply 92
Sorry mate what was you're question?

My bad, thought I quoted you but I didn't.

What sort of tactics do you prefer? I'm a huge fan of the 4-4-2 diamond after Liverpool introduced it this season, but for me I would like all my 4 midfielders to have a high work rate and track back. Or are you more of a 4-4-2 flat (or 4-2-3-1, variations of it)? So would you classify yourself as a "British" player or are you more technical? Also how talk are you. Cheers and good luck in your career man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shahbaz
You sound like a decent down to earth bloke, most people think footballers are arrogant pricks.

What would you do if you weren't a footballer? University ect.

Hi mate, most guys in the lower leagues are alright, it's just the prima donners! I'd have gone to study something in the media probably.
Do you ever forget you are playing a professional game and shout "last goal wins" when the fourth official shows added time?
Why are you doing this at 2.30 in the morning?
Right guys that's me done for the night, cheers for the questions keep them coming I'll try to answer some more tomorrow and in the coming days. FKLW, can't seem to quote you mate, but will try again tomorrow.
Reply 97
Right guys that's me done for the night, cheers for the questions keep them coming I'll try to answer some more tomorrow and in the coming days. FKLW, can't seem to quote you mate, but will try again tomorrow.

That's cool man, you started pre-season btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surprised so many bought into this, 250k+ pa for a league 1 player, unless qpr actually got relegated last season, that doesn't happen.
Hi, my club decided this would be a unique way to interact with supporters and the public in general. I appreciate this may be hard to believe, but I genuinely am a professional footballer, and are happy to answer any questions you may have. For commercial purposes I am unable to reveal my identity, so will not be able to answer questions that give who I am away. I look forward to hearing your questions and will try to answer them as best as I can.

Note: This is an exercise to interact with students, for an educational partnership between the club and various academic institutions in the area.

How easily do you pull?

Quick Reply

Latest