The Student Room Group

HELP Need urgent funding advice

Hi all

I have been given a place on a Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing at the College of Animal Welfare in Edinburgh. Now SAAS have told me that due to this being classed as less than a HNC they don't fund it. I have been approved for my tuition fees through 24+ Advanced Learning Loan (i am a mature student) as the main office of my college is based in England.

The problem I am having is I can't find any funding for my living costs. I have asked my bosses if they would help me out with this, currently working in vet practice and will be doing part time hours until course finished but this wont cover expenditure with house bills, travel, food etc. They have sadly told me they wont be able to help.

Can anyone please tell me of any funding available to help with this as otherwise will need to give up my place on the course :frown:

Thanks in advance
Lisa
did you try student finance england .. maintenance loan or tution fee bursary ..which is it you are after..?
Reply 2
Original post by raja19812
did you try student finance england .. maintenance loan or tution fee bursary ..which is it you are after..?

It would be a maintenance loan that id be looking for as got my tuition fees already sorted. Would I still be eligible to get that even though I'm studying in Scotland?
call student finance england..
find out frrom NHS brusary website ..
Research more- there could be a list of scholarships vailable to you depending ion your course..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending