The Student Room Group

Cheating POLL (please read Op before voting)

This poll is closed

Have You Ever Cheated?

I am Male. I have not cheated and don't ever plan to. 39%
I am Male. I have not cheated but I'm open to it. 4%
I am Male. I have cheated affair style (sustained cheating partner parallel to long term partner). I cheated on one longterm partner, it was an isolated case and behaviour I don't wish to repeat. 2%
I am Male. I have cheated affair style (sustained cheating partner parallel to long term partner) and I cheated on more than one of my long term partners. On at least one or more occasions. 0%
I am Male. I have cheated multiple times with 2 or more repeat/one-off encounters and have cheated on more than one of my long term partners on one or more occasions. 2%
I am Male. I have cheated multiple times with 2 or more repeat/one-off encounters. I only cheated on one longterm partner, it was an isolated case and it is behaviour that I don't wish to repeat. 0%
I am Female. I have not cheated and don't ever plan to. 44%
I am Female. I have not cheated but I'm open to it. 0%
I am Female. I have cheated affair style (sustained cheating partner parallel to long term partner). I cheated on one longterm partner, it was an isolated case and behaviour I don't wish to repeat. 0%
I am Female. I have cheated affair style (sustained cheating partner parallel to long term partner) and I cheated on more than one of my long term partners. On at least one or more occasions. 0%
I am Female. I have cheated multiple times with 2 or more repeat/one-off encounters and have cheated on more than one of my long term partners on one or more occasions. 2%
I am Female. I have cheated multiple times with 2 or more repeat/one-off encounters. I only cheated on one longterm partner, it was an isolated case and it is behaviour that I don't wish to repeat.7%
Total votes: 54
Please do not vote if you are not sexually active.

EDIT

the results

I kept the poll results hidden as to avoid trend voting.

I will probably repeat this poll again with open voting to see how the results differ once people are able to trend vote. (meaning the look at what everyone else is voting for and join in)

8.7% consider cheating an option
men are 8.7% likely to cheat with half of that being a 1 off affair 1 time and not wanting to repeat it again

women are 17.24% likely to cheat. cheat on multiple partners and with multiple people.

theses results show women are more promiscuous and likely to cheat.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
i don't count it as cheating you can love many women at once, a woman is a powerful figure.. ive have partnered with 4 women at once untill they all found out 2 went to the same school as each other
Original post by Mujahid95
i don't count it as cheating you can love many women at once, a woman is a powerful figure.. ive have partnered with 4 women at once untill they all found out 2 went to the same school as each other

u think it goes both ways or just men
Reply 3
Original post by Shaolin Punk
u think it goes both ways or just men

both ways i know many jealous men will call them sluts its not right we are equal a women can have many partners i was reading about society in celtic times before the roman conquest of british isles, women were promsicious, and didnt care what babies were theirs, so i think a woman can have many partners why should we impose a limit on people. but when you are married your love should be solely for that person or don't get married at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Birkenhead
You were one of the first users I followed but I'm disappointed to see you speaking pejoratively about virgins. It's just as bad as slut-shaming...and the internet isn't the only place the unsullied and uncum-sodden find their company...

There is a happy medium.
sluts are bad
virgins are not bad unless they think they are better than everyone for it in which case they are bad too.
I have never cheated on anyone but I have been cheated on.
Reply 6
Never cheated on anyone and wouldn't do it, I know how it feels to be cheated on and wouldn't want to subject that to anyone
You were one of the first users I followed but I'm disappointed to see you speaking pejoratively about virgins. It's just as bad as slut-shaming...and the internet isn't the only place the unsullied and uncum-sodden find their company...

Agreed, some people just like to be smug, it's two sides of the same coin, if they're getting laid they'll be virgin shaming, if they aren't they'll slut shame. (Not espeically picking on your Huskaris, though I don't see how saying "you're a boring or ugly as sin" isn't virgin shaming). It's like how you get the similiarites between black and white racists.
There is a happy medium.
sluts are bad
virgins are not bad unless they think they are better than everyone for it in which case they are bad too.

The emboldened applies equally to the 'sluts', which is the point I was originally making.
The emboldened applies equally to the 'sluts', which is the point I was originally making.

then we are in agreement in this. :colone:
Having been cheated on before I could never put a girl through that.
so according to the results.

I will probably repeat this poll again with open voting to see how the results differ once people are able to trend vote.

men are 8.7% likely to cheat with half of that being a 1 off affair 1 time and not wanting to repeat it again

women are 17.24% likely to cheat. cheat on multiple partners and with multiple people.

so according to the results.

I will probably repeat this poll again with open voting to see how the results differ once people are able to trend vote.

It's a really small sample, only 54 when I looked. You can't really make such a bold statement saying women are more likely to cheat etc.
Original post by Runninghigh
It's a really small sample, only 54 when I looked. You can't really make such a bold statement saying women are more likely to cheat etc.

the statement is correct.
A small sample does not change the results.
the statement is correct.
A small sample does not change the results.

Yes, but in such a small sample the outcome is more drastically impacted if more women than men vote or vice versa. So combined with the fact that it was a small sample, the statement is unreliable.