The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pane123
I am just worried that Wenger sees him as a defensive mid.

Even though he hasn't played that role at Real, you have to ask yourself if a player has the skillset to adapt to a change in role. Khedira could definitely adapt to a more defensive role at Arsenal in my opinion. With him and Ramsey we would have two midfielders with insanely high workrate which would be an absolute nightmare to play against. Provided the tactics are sound, it should work.
Original post by De Chirico
Even though he hasn't played that role at Real, you have to ask yourself if a player has the skillset to adapt to a change in role. Khedira could definitely adapt to a more defensive role at Arsenal in my opinion. With him and Ramsey we would have two midfielders with insanely high workrate which would be an absolute nightmare to play against. Provided the tactics are sound, it should work.

He hasn't done anything to show he can play as a DM. If that's why Wenger has signed him then I think it's incredibly risky.
Original post by pane123
He hasn't done anything to show he can play as a DM. If that's why Wenger has signed him then I think it's incredibly risky.

Did Arteta show anything at Everton to make you think he can play DM?
Reply 724
Original post by C.Almasy
We get victimized more than Liverpool (or any other club) and that is just fact tbh.

Reply 725
Original post by Peggles_*
No, you can't.

That almost sounds as if I would have PMd you, never that. You are a Chelsea fan who comes in here constantly looking for a reaction so please don't be pissed when you get one.

You are a troll, you put on this "I'm so knowledgeable and I'm not being cynical but...." and then proceed to do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In fairness Jam and SUG were having a decent conversation with that Almsay guy before he started having a fit..
Will lol so hard if Khedira rejects Mourinho, the manager he had for 3 years and knows well, in favour of Wenger. :wink:
Sky Sources: Edinson Cavani asks agent to investigate potential move to Premier League. #SSN

Hmmmmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't matter, but yes he did.
Original post by Zürich
Will lol so hard if Khedira rejects Mourinho, the manager he had for 3 years and knows well, in favour of Wenger. :wink:

Because Khedira is needed for Chelsea?

We're hijacking the bid for the sake of it. He wouldn't get in the team over Matic or Fabregas and he's not as good passing wise as Oscar, neither is he as mobile...

Take him though, would be interesting but there are better holding midfielders. Also there's the case that there are a number of German speaking players in your squad. It's nothing to really lol about. A player we don't need rejecting us, we have Ramires for the role of running half the pitch and losing the ball whenever he's under pressure to pass anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
So it's cool to actually have a decent debate with somebody and then he glorify the death of 96 people then?

Wasn't even being cynical here. But hey let that influenced your biased wizard-hunting agenda.

I'm a fan of football, don't let anybody tell you otherwise xx

I missed the whole bit before because I was sleeping! That was out of line, no two ways about it though.

I wasn't talking about that conversation, I was talking about in general. My issue with you Chelsea fans is you are incredibly quick to forget what you were pre 2004. If you lot kept that in mind, maybe you wouldn't be constantly throwing stones. Feel free to persist with this idea that there isn't extra scrutiny and eyes on Arsenal fans meaning anything we say or do gets blown out of proportion (not in reference to the whole conversation last night) but it's true.

Sure you are, don't seem to show it in here! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
Because Khedira is needed for Chelsea?

We're hijacking the bid for the sake of it. He wouldn't get in the team over Matic or Fabregas and he's not as good passing wise as Oscar, neither is he as mobile...

Take him though, would be interesting but there are better holding midfielders. Also there's the case that there are a number of German speaking players in your squad. It's nothing to really lol about. A player we don't need rejecting us, we have Ramires for the role of running half the pitch and losing the ball whenever he's under pressure to pass anyway.

Fabregas, Khedira...

Just shows that these players want to play for London's finest. :biggrin:
Original post by AR_95
In fairness Jam and SUG were having a decent conversation with that Almsay guy before he started having a fit..

But it got to a stage where the conversation involved my name so I don't care about Almsay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Similarly how I said Liverpool fans are the worst both on here (haven't really come across all this rubbish about you lot being knowledgeable and whatnot non here) and in reality but Luke had a fit! and started to cry :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What you chatting Peggy?
Original post by Thugnificent.
squad full of winners brahss

Lol sideman Podolski celebrating as if he had any part to play.
Original post by mrdoovde1
Lol sideman Podolski celebrating as if he had any part to play.

Had to lol when I saw Podolski at the front of the players trying to literally wrestle the trophy out of Lahm's hands for the presentation :laugh:
There are people saying they'd rather have Remy or Bony over Cavani. What is the world coming to :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He played that position at barca and sociedad i believe. Was originally a pivot before moving further forward.
Original post by B-Stacks
There are people saying they'd rather have Remy or Bony over Cavani. What is the world coming to :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are drunk. In order for us even to get Cavani we'd have to offload Podolski.
It wouldnt be surprising if Podolski was sold this window. Personally I like him as an impact sub and for his personality in the dressing room, but for £10m then we can do without him. Could see him at one of the Italian clubs.

Latest