The Student Room Group

Need some serious advice on how to proceed here...

Ok, so I met this girl on TSR. She started a thread asking if anyone wanted to chat and I figured why not? and said I would chat. So we chatted on here for a bit but then moved to Twitter DM (as the PM on here sucks!) So, we talked on Twitter (we have been for about 7-8 days now I think) and she seems like a really nice, kind person.

I think I am starting to develop feelings for her...(she's 20 and I'm 18) and I would really like to tell her but I am so afraid that she'll find it weird and maybe not want to talk again :frown:

What should I do? I've never actually had a GF before, so am I just being naive? Thing is though even if I do tell her and she actually did feel the same, she lives in Leeds and I live in Clevedon (223 miles). Plus, she has recently broke up from her BF and seems to regret it and she has also had a friend say he has feelings for her and she didn't feel the same way.

I thought about this late last night and would appreciate some guidance as I would still like to be friends even if she does not feel the same. I just want to let her know how I feel...

Many thanks
Reply 1
The reality is you probably live too far away to make it work. Unless you're prepared to travel regularly to see each other. You could still be friends though.

Also I used to go to school in Clevedon. :h:
I'd always say that give it a go because you won't end up with regrets then. As for how go about it I am literally the worst person to tell you about that stuff.
Reply 3
Original post by miser
The reality is you probably live too far away to make it work. Unless you're prepared to travel regularly to see each other. You could still be friends though.

Also I used to go to school in Clevedon. :h:

Ah okay cool :biggrin: should I still tell her though?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Ah okay cool :biggrin: should I still tell her though?

It depends on what kind of person you are. If it were me, I probably wouldn't because I don't tend to talk to girls straight up about my feelings, but if you feel it's something you need to get off your chest then you probably should. Just do whichever feels right to you.
Reply 5
Original post by miser
It depends on what kind of person you are. If it were me, I probably wouldn't because I don't tend to talk to girls straight up about my feelings, but if you feel it's something you need to get off your chest then you probably should. Just do whichever feels right to you.

I'm not sure :frown: never been in this kind of situation before until now...
Reply 6
I'm not sure :frown: never been in this kind of situation before until now...

It depends what's important to you. Do you want her to know the real you? If so, tell her. Or are you happy to be casual friends? If so, treat her like any other friend.

My impression is that you aren't exactly enthralled with the idea of being casual friends, in which case I think you should tell her. It will at least clarify how she feels about you. You'll either find that she feels the same way, or you'll weird her out and she'll want to be 'just friends'. In either case you won't get what you probably actually want (a relationship), but at least you won't be wondering how she feels.
Reply 7
Original post by miser
It depends what's important to you. Do you want her to know the real you? If so, tell her. Or are you happy to be casual friends? If so, treat her like any other friend.

My impression is that you aren't exactly enthralled with the idea of being casual friends, in which case I think you should tell her. It will at least clarify how she feels about you. You'll either find that she feels the same way, or you'll weird her out and she'll want to be 'just friends'. In either case you won't get what you probably actually want (a relationship), but at least you won't be wondering how she feels.

Hmmm...It's just she had a friend recently who opened up to her and she didn't feel the same. Also, yes I was aware that it probably wouldn't work out due to the distance. Such a shame that :frown: but I think I might go for it later...I shall tell you how it goes! Thank you for your advice :smile:
Reply 8
Hmmm...It's just she had a friend recently who opened up to her and she didn't feel the same. Also, yes I was aware that it probably wouldn't work out due to the distance. Such a shame that :frown: but I think I might go for it later...I shall tell you how it goes! Thank you for your advice :smile:

Ok, good luck. :smile:
Reply 9
If she rejects you, just block her on twitter and make a new TSR account, no one will ever know. :ninja:
Ok, so I met this girl on TSR. She started a thread asking if anyone wanted to chat and I figured why not? and said I would chat. So we chatted on here for a bit but then moved to Twitter DM (as the PM on here sucks!) So, we talked on Twitter (we have been for about 7-8 days now I think) and she seems like a really nice, kind person.

I think I am starting to develop feelings for her...(she's 20 and I'm 18) and I would really like to tell her but I am so afraid that she'll find it weird and maybe not want to talk again :frown:

What should I do? I've never actually had a GF before, so am I just being naive? Thing is though even if I do tell her and she actually did feel the same, she lives in Leeds and I live in Clevedon (223 miles). Plus, she has recently broke up from her BF and seems to regret it and she has also had a friend say he has feelings for her and she didn't feel the same way.

I thought about this late last night and would appreciate some guidance as I would still like to be friends even if she does not feel the same. I just want to let her know how I feel...

Many thanks

I got into a LDR (long distance relationship) after meeting the guy online. I struggled to keep the relationship going for about a year. It was such a waste of my time. 0/10 would not recommend.
I'm thinking about doing it now but I'm really not sure...I want to let her know how I feel even though it probably wouldn't work out because of the distance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending