The Student Room Group

I've never been asked out, not even once

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SophieSmall
Oh piss off. You are pathetic, I hope you don't get asked out you don't deserve to you are a self entitles little boy. And yes girls get the final say as to whether or not you get to put your dick in her otherwise it's rape you idiot.

What I obviously meant was that virtually all animals have the same ''courtship'' dynamics where the males compete for the females, initiate and chase while the females are the choosy sex that have the final decision. To suggest we as humans do it simply because of ''society'' when the other few million species on our planet live by the same rules is ludicrous.
Original post by StevieA
What I obviously meant was that virtually all animals have the same ''courtship'' dynamics where the males compete for the females, initiate and chase while the females are the choosy sex that have the final decision. To suggest we as humans do it simply because of ''society'' when the other few million species on our planet live by the same rules is ludicrous.

First off no it's not ludicrous, secondly if you truly believe that then why are you complaining? Like seriously if you believe that is the way it should be because nature says so why are you whining like a child? You honestly seem so full of **** now because you are contradicting yourself and I'm pretty sure at this point now that you are a troll because no one can be that obtuse.
Original post by StevieA
I guess it is when you're a girl and the whole world is at your feet simply because you are one. Same way rich people say money is overrated.

Men who approach me are generally weirdo creepers.

Anyone who is that desperate leads a very sad existence, I'd rather be celibate my entire life.
Original post by cole-slaw
For gods sake man, you're 12 years old, get a grip. First rule is: you don't ask unless you already know the answer's yes.

You don't ask the girl trying desperately to ignore you at the bar if she wants to come back to yours, you ask the girl grinding a wet patch into your trouser leg.

Phahaha yes! I do actually notice that these kinds of guys that complain about all this nonsense also seem to be the guys that don't realise they are pestering women who are clearly not interested in them and want to be left alone...maybe that's why you're not getting any OP.
Reply 44
First off no it's not ludicrous, secondly if you truly believe that then why are you complaining? Like seriously if you believe that is the way it should be because nature says so why are you whining like a child? You honestly seem so full of **** now because you are contradicting yourself and I'm pretty sure at this point now that you are a troll because no one can be that obtuse.

This is looking like a thinly veiled drake/jamie post tbh. They all follow the same formula where a question is asked and then the OP inevitably reaches the holy evolution conclusion.
Original post by ilem
This is looking like a thinly veiled drake/jamie post tbh. They all follow the same formula where a question is asked and then the OP inevitably reaches the holy evolution conclusion.

I have no idea what you are talking about? Care to enlighten me? :tongue:
Original post by StevieA
You're a girl and you've never been approached? Why do you think that is? This might be the first time I've ever heard a girl say this hmm... Usually they complain about way too much attention from (undesirable) guys. Which is ironic because after a lifetime of complaining about men catcallingand gazing at them, women suddenly start getting depressed and say how they miss all the attention they used to get and they feel invisible once they hit 40.

could it be this ego and obsession with looks you appear to have? if you spend more time preening, talking about you success and ignoring girls for their looks then your going to get nowhere= you probably have been approached by someone but you've classed them as 'below average' and ignored and put them off. obviously everyone likes to look good and appreciate others looks, but don't make that the focus! could just be me but all the guys ive liked haven't been the most expensively dressed or have spent most of their time working out for reasons other than personal heath, but still comparatively handsome and the ones who have paid the most attention to me- making me laugh and listening to what I say.

it seems you have an obsession with appearance and your own achievements- find a nice, cute girl who otherwise wouldn't meet your 'standards' and try asking about her achievements and congratulate her- if she's worth being with she wont care about how you dress

lol you're amazing btw I'd rep but none left :biggrin:

He's referring to the user Drake10 or something like that who was a proper misogynist and made threads kinda like this.
Original post by StevieA

WRONG!
There is actually a decent proportion of polyandrous animals put there and a number of human civilisations also lived like this.

Also, if you want to do something 'because nature' you may as well run around d killing other men's children and impregnating their wives, infanticide is what you are evolved to do after all.
Reply 49

Ah we used to have a few posters around who'd constantly post sexist threads based on evolutionary psychology and this thread is rather reminiscent of them.
Original post by brownsugar-xx
lol you're amazing btw I'd rep but none left :biggrin:

He's referring to the user Drake10 or something like that who was a proper misogynist and made threads kinda like this.

Haha aww thanks! :smile: Glad to see someone like me!

And oh I remember him! Aww man he was a right whiny little bitch...such nostalgia.
Original post by ilem
Ah we used to have a few posters around who'd constantly post sexist threads based on evolutionary psychology and this thread is rather reminiscent of them.

Yes one of the girls in the thread just reminded me about drake10, I'd completely forgotten about that lune. Hilarious every time, hilarious but infuriating.
Reply 52
Original post by StevieA
I don't feel entitled to anything , I just don't understand why women are so different and maybe discriminating compared to men. Like I said in the OP, I used to live in Brighton and got hit on by gay guys constantly. My mate's dad owns a gay club there and I went to a few times for free drinks. I had to keep rejecting the guys hitting on me, felt really bad. Why has no woman ever approached me in a ''straight'' club? Or offered to buy me a drink? Or anything, really.

maybe you look gay? :colondollar:
Reply 53
Original post by redferry
WRONG!
There is actually a decent proportion of polyandrous animals put there and a number of human civilisations also lived like this.

Also, if you want to do something 'because nature' you may as well run around d killing other men's children and impregnating their wives, infanticide is what you are evolved to do after all.

What % of animal species and especially social mammals (as humans are) are polyandrous? As for humans themselves:

According to the Ethnographic Atlas, of 1,231 societies from around the world noted, 186 were monogamous; 453 had occasional polygyny; 588 had more frequent polygyny; and 4 had polyandry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogamy

That's 4 out of 1231. Meaningless. Not to mention exclusive monogamy is also a tiny %, barely over 10% of all human societies. How many social mammals practice monogamy in nature?

To suggest our behiaviour is some sort of unique societal creation when it happens not only in most of human societies across thousands of years but also in most animal species (especially social mammals ) is a bit ludicrous.
Haha aww thanks! :smile: Glad to see someone like me!

And oh I remember him! Aww man he was a right whiny little bitch...such nostalgia.

In the least creepy way possible i've come across some of your posts and i end up agreeing with them usually :colondollar:

Yeah, i agree. It was amazingly disturbing someone could have views like that :laugh:
In the least creepy way possible i've come across some of your posts and i end up agreeing with them usually :colondollar:

Yeah, i agree. It was amazingly disturbing someone could have views like that :laugh:

You creepy mccreeperton! :wink:

Hopefully if OP isn't a troll he'll realise soon what an absolute idiot he is being and how he's digging his own way to no-womensville. :tongue:
You creepy mccreeperton! :wink:

Hopefully if OP isn't a troll he'll realise soon what an absolute idiot he is being and how he's digging his own way to no-womensville. :tongue:

Creepy's just part of my charm :sexface:

Unfortunately, i don't see that happening. I feel like people ignorant or twisted enough to have these views in the first place rarely realise how wrong their views are :dontknow: maybe i'm just not optimistic enough
Original post by StevieA
I don't think I look that bad , probably average or a little better and I'm almost 6'1'' and , 170 lbs and I dress nice, have good hygiene etc . Plus I've had plenty of gay guys try to chat me up when I lived around the gay area in Brighton (felt flattered in a way but no thanks, not my cup of tea). Why don't girls ever approach me? Is there something wrong with me or anything I can do to change it? I'm shy by nature but I have tried asking girls out quite a few times with little to zero success. :frown:

Is there anything I can do to have girls ask me out or will I die alone?:frown:

Don't worry. I've never been asked out either! Although I do believe its more a case of the guy asking out the girl, not the other way around.
Creepy's just part of my charm :sexface:

Unfortunately, i don't see that happening. I feel like people ignorant or twisted enough to have these views in the first place rarely realise how wrong their views are :dontknow: maybe i'm just not optimistic enough

Well you do seem ever so charming :tongue:

Yeah, it's unlikely he'll change his views but there's always hope.
Original post by StevieA
What % of animal species and especially social mammals (as humans are) are polyandrous? As for humans themselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monogamy

That's 4 out of 1231. Meaningless. Not to mention exclusive monogamy is also a tiny %, barely over 10% of all human societies. How many social mammals practice monogamy in nature?

To suggest our behiaviour is some sort of unique societal creation when it happens not only in most of human societies across thousands of years but also in most animal species (especially social mammals ) is a bit ludicrous.

Actually a fairly large proportion of new age monkeys are polyandrous and it is found in meerkats as well as some canids and felines.

To suggest it is pretty much none existant, as you did, is pureley a lie.

What's monogamy got to do with anything? We were talking about males competing for females here. That can happen in polygamy or monogamy but not polyandry.

Most social mammals kill the children of their competitors, should we start doing that? Also mating type is dictated by resources in many species. For example most lions don't actually live in large prides, they live in small groups of two or three. It just depends what habitat they live in, and the size of the pride depends on prey type and availability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending