The Student Room Group

Going to weight train without creatine?

Scroll to see replies

Is creatine code for steroids? Or are you genuinely talking about normal OTC creatine.

Coming off creatine will do ****all to your strength. Creatine is a small aid for giving you that little extra during training, but even then that's only providing your diet and training are completely up to scratch. Certainly it's not a necessity or some sort of magic strength and mass gainer. Coming off of it will not do anything to your strength. It's not a steroid, the fact that it's not banned in competitive sports (which ban anything that is even vaguely performance enhancing) says it all.

You might see strength loss because you haven't been to the gym for two weeks but again unless you've been on a calorie deficit diet, it won't be massive and will probably feel like lack of energy than lack of strength.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by illusionz
it's used as a metaphor for steroids as steroid discussion isn't allowed. That is likely what the guy was alluding to.

Seriously?! Why not? It's not illegal last time I checked...
Original post by AdamCee
Seriously?! Why not? It's not illegal last time I checked...

bb.com is a business. They have their reasons. Besides they are illegal in the US.
bb.com is a business. They have their reasons. Besides they are illegal in the US.

Oh really? I never knew that. Fair enough
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
I always felt creatine had more placebo value than anything

I feel the same way as well because I did my measurements today and I haven't lost any weight or muscle since I stopped but I haven't been to the gym yet to see if I still have the same strength in me.
Original post by ChickenMadness
It's not a steroid lol. Not even close.

Can't remember exactly but creatine gets used up inside your muscles while you're doing physical activities. So having more creatine in the muscle makes you able to do stuff longer or life heavier. It's already in your muscles and is created by your body whether you take supplements or not. Taking more creatine just puts more into your body. Lawd some people are so uneducated.

Something like that. You study it at Biology Alevel.

At the end of the day, we both know exactly what Creatine is.

Let's not pretend :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by Manchester United
At the end of the day, we both know exactly what Creatine is.

Let's not pretend :wink:

Are you a dumbass? Steroids are hormonal drugs, creatine increase the amount of ATP in the body, wtf is the relation? please enlighten us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by SinaPars
Sh** ain't that serious, don't dive into this stuff too much, you make gains just eating and lifting, bodybuilding is the easiest and simplest thing there is, it's not a sport requiring genuine effort like football or something, like I said. Just eat and lift, the supplements effects are hardly significant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure like football it does require physical effort unless you've just been staring at your quiff in the mirror :wink:
Reply 28
Original post by Tom78
Pretty sure like football it does require physical effort unless you've just been staring at your quiff in the mirror :wink:

All it requires is repetitive physical effort, there's no skill, technique or talent involved(maybe genes..), that's what I meant by easiest sport mate. Since it's like this I guess you do have more time to stare at your quiff

Posted from TSR Mobile
All it requires is repetitive physical effort, there's no skill, technique or talent involved(maybe genes..), that's what I meant by easiest sport mate. Since it's like this I guess you do have more time to stare at your quiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are huge amounts of talent and technique involved. DYEL?
Reply 30

Technique?? LOL okay lemme move a weight in a robot like motion with great technique. And I do actually, DYEL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty obvious what the guy is saying. It's not a heavily skill based activity.
Technique?? LOL okay lemme move a weight in a robot like motion with great technique. And I do actually, DYEL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You clearly don't or you'd know that snatch/clean and jerk have huge technique elements.

You're probably one of those ******* who turns curls into a full body movement, half reps bench and doesn't train legs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
You clearly don't or you'd know that snatch/clean and jerk have huge technique elements.

You're probably one of those phaggots who turns curls into a full body movement, half reps bench and doesn't train legs.

I'm talking about bodybuilding, snatch and clean aren't meant for bb And nope I do calisthenics. With added weight sometimes. Search them up. And talking about I don't train legs, try a pistol squat right now with 15kg in one hand, then we'll conclude who trains legs
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm talking about bodybuilding dumbass, snatch and clean aren't meant for bb And nope I do calisthenics. With added weight sometimes. Search them up. And talking about I don't train legs, try a pistol squat right now with 15kg in one hand, then we'll conclude who trains legs

lols. I can deadlift 200 for reps. Just because I don't have the ankle flexibility for a pistol doesn't mean I don't train legs.

Besides, you picked a great example of an exercise which requires technique and skill.
Reply 35
lols. I can deadlift 200 for reps. Just because I don't have the ankle flexibility for a pistol doesn't mean I don't train legs.

Besides, you picked a great example of an exercise which requires technique and skill.

Fantastic stuff..

And nope pistol squats aren't for bodybuilders. Can't you see my point? Bodybuilding is just dysfunctionally trained muscles. Powerlifters have my respect though since they are genuinely strong and functional

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Fantastic stuff..

And nope pistol squats aren't for bodybuilders. Can't you see my point? Bodybuilding is just dysfunctionally trained muscles. Powerlifters have my respect though since they are genuinely strong and functional

Why can't pistol squats be put in a bodybuilding regime? They're a great leg exercise.
If you're doing pistol squats as your primary leg movement you have bigger problems than bodybuilding vs powerlifting

A 15kg pistol is not dissimilar to a 30kg squat lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by Angry cucumber
If you're doing pistol squats as your primary leg movement you have bigger problems than bodybuilding vs powerlifting

A 15kg pistol is not dissimilar to a 30kg squat lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you seriously telling me a pistol squat is the same difficulty as a squat? Lol okay. Try one. Let's say you squat 100kg for 12. Go and grab 50kg and pistol squat then you'll see the dissimilarity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Why can't pistol squats be put in a bodybuilding regime? They're a great leg exercise.

They can. But let's be honest, what BB will do this since it doesn't primarily build size? I've trained for years and I've never known or saw a bb do pistol squats in his routine but maybe that's just me, people with other goals generally do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest