The Student Room Group

You guys ever approached a girl ? Would you have done so in this situation ?

Yesterday evening

Preferably day time scenarios , nightgame experiences are also welcome though.

Yesterday evening I was on my way to the cinema , as I got off the bus two fly honeys were walking on the opposite road and naturally I checked them out . The fitter one actually looked back but I turned away to avoid coming off as a creep / rapist . I presume the "omg that creep totally checked us out"chat would have ensued.

Anyway one of the entrances was closed so I made my way round to the other one , I was texting away on my phone and looked up to see those very same girls , they were looking straight into my eyes with the "omg would bang" eyes giving me cheeky smiles acting like giggling school girls , I did the best don draper look I could and headed off where I was going without looking back .

They were seriously 9/10s though and id say around 22 , i'm only 18 and just left college but look much older then my years or so im told . People have told me I look as old as 25 .

Im just wondering if anyone would have done anything differently in this scenario or would like to share experiences of daygame

Scroll to see replies

As a girl, I say you should've made conversation
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
As a girl, I say you should've made conversation

Thanks for replying.

I agree , its just suprisingly difficult to muster up the courage and know what to say .

I think in current society chatting up a girl on the street because she smiled as you is seen as somewhat deviant , it would undoubtedly get replies like "omg she was just being polite" "omg I want to be able to leave the house without getting bothered by creeps" etc . I used to be able to do it , but after getting rejected - not straight up rejected , I did get numbers but it went nowhere - a few times I seem to have lost the ability to , i'm not sure why.

Do you think our age difference would be of an issue ? I flirt with girls older then myself all the time , sometimes with suprisingly good results until I let on that im 18 year old :s-smilie: and girls are instantly apologetic and such . Just the last week I was getting chatted up by two cougars at a business networking event pretending that I run my own business lol , but didn't escalate because I knew they would eventually find out.

Girls my age don't seem to dig me and I like women in their twenties really , so much more centered , self assured , confident and sexy.
Reply 3
Bump
Next time defo say something. Could be your future wife hehehe.
Reply 5
last bump but it would be nice to get more opinions soz
Reply 6
Original post by blueskyblue
Yesterday evening

Yesterday evening I was on my way to the cinema , as I got off the bus two fly honeys were walking on the opposite road and naturally I checked them out . The fitter one actually looked back but I turned away to avoid coming off as a creep / rapist . I presume the "omg that creep totally checked us out"chat would have ensued.

Nah, better to hold eye contact. Looking away is actually what would lead more to this, since it implies insecurity, being uncomfortable with the situation, etc., and these create creepy vibes.

Anyway one of the entrances was closed so I made my way round to the other one , I was texting away on my phone and looked up to see those very same girls , they were looking straight into my eyes with the "omg would bang" eyes giving me cheeky smiles acting like giggling school girls , I did the best don draper look I could and headed off where I was going without looking back .

They were seriously 9/10s though and id say around 22 , i'm only 18 and just left college but look much older then my years or so im told . People have told me I look as old as 25 .

Im just wondering if anyone would have done anything differently in this scenario or would like to share experiences of daygame

How did it go?

Edit: Misread. When I saw 'headed off' I thought you meant headed over there to talk to them. If a girl gives you a look like that, that's an invitation. You should have gone over to talk to them. Walking away is more likely to imply that you're not confident enough to do that, but if you held eye contact (and smiled I hope), you'd probably have no problem talking to her in future if you ever see her again.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by miser
Nah, better to hold eye contact. Looking away is actually what would lead more to this, since it implies insecurity, being uncomfortable with the situation, etc., and these create creepy vibes.

How did it go?

Edit: Misread. When I saw 'headed off' I thought you meant headed over there to talk to them. If a girl gives you a look like that, that's an invitation. You should have gone over to talk to them. Walking away is more likely to imply that you're not confident enough to do that, but if you held eye contact (and smiled I hope), you'd probably have no problem talking to her in future if you ever see her again.

I always regret it when I don't make my move in situations like this , at the time though I just had no idea what to say , would it have been good to just talk about literally anything and maybe ask for their numbers ? Again on a night out this would have been much more easy and plausible but for some reason I have more anxiety to do something like this .
Yesterday evening

I would have started by not mentally objectifying two young women. I recommend to try this approach.
Reply 9
I always regret it when I don't make my move in situations like this , at the time though I just had no idea what to say , would it have been good to just talk about literally anything and maybe ask for their numbers ? Again on a night out this would have been much more easy and plausible but for some reason I have more anxiety to do something like this .

Really doesn't matter what your opener is in situations like this. When you have an exchange of glances, that's the opener. Just "hi, who are you?" would have been fine.

Don't worry about asking for their numbers straight away - usually better to chat for a while first (unless one of you are in a hurry). And personally I would only ask the number of one of them, since that does more to show a genuine interest in the girl. If you ask for both of them then you run the risk of spreading yourself too thin (looking like you're trying to maximise your chances of getting with someone, anyone). People like to be chosen and to feel like they stand out (i.e. girls like to feel special).

Day is pretty much the same as night except you can't escalate as quickly. At night everything's high-energy so you have to be always be pushing it, but in the day you can get away with playing it safer since just approaching anyone in the day is seen as a hugely confident thing to do.
Reply 10
Original post by miser
Really doesn't matter what your opener is in situations like this. When you have an exchange of glances, that's the opener. Just "hi, who are you?" would have been fine.

Don't worry about asking for their numbers straight away - usually better to chat for a while first (unless one of you are in a hurry). And personally I would only ask the number of one of them, since that does more to show a genuine interest in the girl. If you ask for both of them then you run the risk of spreading yourself too thin (looking like you're trying to maximise your chances of getting with someone, anyone). People like to be chosen and to feel like they stand out (i.e. girls like to feel special).

Day is pretty much the same as night except you can't escalate as quickly. At night everything's high-energy so you have to be always be pushing it, but in the day you can get away with playing it safer since just approaching anyone in the day is seen as a hugely confident thing to do.

This has helped put me in the right frame , many thanks
Reply 11
Original post by cole-slaw
I would have started by not mentally objectifying two young women. I recommend to try this approach.

Are you sure they weren't doing the same thing though ?

Sorry that I find women attractive , will try not to do in the future.
Are you sure they weren't doing the same thing though ?

Sorry that I find women attractive , will try not to do in the future.

What do you look for in a potential partner?
Reply 13
What do you look for in a potential partner?

I don't see what that has to do with anything but :

. Someone who shares my way of seeing the world.
. Someone with an open mind and eagerness for experiencing new things.
. Someone who I can share my life with.
. Someone who I find sexually appealing.

Just because I found two girls attractive it doesn't mean im objectifying anyone and it doesn't mean im superficial , guys do it , girls do it , everyone does it , stop trying to be high and mighty and get a grip.
I don't see what that has to do with anything but :

. Someone who shares my way of seeing the world.
. Someone with an open mind and eagerness for experiencing new things.
. Someone who I can share my life with.
. Someone who I find sexually appealing.

And you were able to tell at a glance that these girls fulfilled all those criteria? Amazing psychic powers you have.

Just because I found two girls attractive it doesn't mean im objectifying anyone and it doesn't mean im superficial , guys do it , girls do it , everyone does it , stop trying to be high and mighty and get a grip.

Being attracted to girls doesn't mean you're objectifying them, but describing them as numbers out of ten sure as hell does. That's disgusting misogyny and objectification and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Here's a clue for you: misogynists don't get laid. You wanna pull hot girls, learn to treat them with a little respect.
I turned away to avoid coming off as a creep / rapist . I presume the "omg that creep totally checked us out"chat would have ensued.

They were looking straight into my eyes with the "omg would bang" eyes giving me cheeky smiles acting like giggling school girls , I did the best don draper look I could and headed off where I was going without looking back .

That only happens to uglies which judging from the latter part of your post, you're not.

Wrong move, should have talked to them and gone from there.
Reply 16
Here's a clue for you: misogynists don't get laid. You wanna pull hot girls, learn to treat them with a little respect.

tell that to Charlie Sheen :biggrin:
And you were able to tell at a glance that these girls fulfilled all those criteria? Amazing psychic powers you have.

Being attracted to girls doesn't mean you're objectifying them, but describing them as numbers out of ten sure as hell does. That's disgusting misogyny and objectification and you should be ashamed of yourself.

That's definitely not true.

Some of the most horrible guys out there who openly cheat, give women ratings out of ten, and call women all sorts of names to their faces/behind their backs still get laid much more than your average man.

And it's effectively no strings attached sex, which is usually what they (and lots of other men) are after.
Whether they're always 'high quality' girls is up for debate though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18

Does anyone ever know their other half before they meet ? People meet at bars etc all the time , they don't necessarily know they're going to have common interests , physical attraction is the first thing that sparks peoples interest in each other , your being quite absurd here .

So it would have been any different had I described them or above average , or used just as meaningless adjectives as "really, really beautiful" to describe the physical appearance of someone ? Everyone uses a scale to describe the appearance of someone , they are all equally as arbitrary . If I said a guy was a 5/10 would that still be misogynistic and objectifying ?

I'm not even a misogynist but you and I both know this is utter bull**** the feminists (and obviously yourself) try to tell guys on here in an attempt to make themselves feel better . There are tons of male politicians , celebrities , and people in every day life who are quite misogynistic yet still go home to their wife and kids . Just like there are racists etc Stop being silly.

Original post by tehFrance
That only happens to uglies which judging from the latter part of your post, you're not.

Wrong move, should have talked to them and gone from there.

Thanks for posting , your feedback is valued.

At the time I was just completely clueless as to what I would have talked about , not the opener just the general chat that would have ensued and it made me not want to do it ? Have you ever been in a similar situation ? If so what did you actually talk about with them ? Occupation , where they're going etc I have no clue it would help.

Some guys are just naturally good at this but im unfortunately not one of them.
You could talk about anything! Even if it's something really simple just to get the convo going. Maybe talk about what you were going to see at the cinema, or compliment them.

Latest

Trending

Trending