The Student Room Group

Degree transcript

Just wondering, what does our degree transcript have on it? Does it outline the marks you got in each module or just lists them and gives your overall grade? And what do we get presented with at graduation, is it this transcript?
Reply 1
Original post by LittleMissCurious
Just wondering, what does our degree transcript have on it? Does it outline the marks you got in each module or just lists them and gives your overall grade? And what do we get presented with at graduation, is it this transcript?

Mine just had a list of my modules for each year and the mark I got for each module and then my overall degree classification - not my average mark.

I got mine through the post but each university is different
Original post by Samus2
Mine just had a list of my modules for each year and the mark I got for each module and then my overall degree classification - not my average mark.

I got mine through the post but each university is different

Ok so next to each module it will say 2:1 for example? Does it show the percentage? And what do you get at the graduation ceremony, is it this transcript?
It tends to say the award i.e. batchelor of science in such and such
You either get awarded a first class honours (1st division), second class honours (2nd division) or a second class honours (3rd division), and a third (4th division)... I think.
It may say the average and the transcript - that would make sense.
Ok so next to each module it will say 2:1 for example? Does it show the percentage? And what do you get at the graduation ceremony, is it this transcript?

It depends on your university.

You would be best contacting the graduation team/office at YOUR uni and asking them.
Reply 5

Mine says a mark next to each module - say 65.
Original post by hellodave5
It tends to say the award i.e. batchelor of science in such and such
You either get awarded a first class honours (1st division), second class honours (2nd division) or a second class honours (3rd division), and a third (4th division)... I think.
It may say the average and the transcript - that would make sense.

Actually a 2:1 is Second Class honours: First Division, 2:2 is Second honours Class: Second Division and a Third is Third Class honours!
Original post by simplylldxo
Actually a 2:1 is Second Class honours: First Division, 2:2 is Second honours Class: Second Division and a Third is Third Class honours!

Ah sorry. My mistake. Has an idea it was that as well! (as saw someones 2.1 first division transcript) silly me.

Quick Reply

Latest