The Student Room Group

Best place to get rid of Uni books?

Now my degree is over, I have stack of 10 thick science books that are taking up too much space in my room.

I've considered Ebay/Amazon, but the seller tax, and the hassle of buying packaging, and paying for postage, really cuts into money. I'm not looking for a profit, or even to break even, I just want a decent return.

So wondering anyone can suggest a useful outlet? Cheers in advance.

Peace
Place adds at the uni itself with a "Taken one" ticket thing with your number on it, then decide on how you intend to give it to them whether it be a meet up or postage.
I assume some or most of these books were on your reading list?
If so, people will be happy to buy good quality second hand books rather than fork out £50 for a brand new one...
Original post by Yawn11
Now my degree is over, I have stack of 10 thick science books that are taking up too much space in my room.

I've considered Ebay/Amazon, but the seller tax, and the hassle of buying packaging, and paying for postage, really cuts into money. I'm not looking for a profit, or even to break even, I just want a decent return.

So wondering anyone can suggest a useful outlet? Cheers in advance.

Peace

I used Amazon Trade in. Not the best price but the easiest/least hassle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=1766559031
Reply 3
Original post by Motorbiker
I used Amazon Trade in. Not the best price but the easiest/least hassle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=1766559031

Eeessshhh the money is not appealing, especially when a new edition of a couple of the books have just come out :'(

But then I suppose I'd lost a lot of money through post and packaging. I like how easy it would be to get rid of them, so I'm gonna try and see if I get a decent total.
Original post by Yawn11
Eeessshhh the money is not appealing, especially when a new edition of a couple of the books have just come out :'(

But then I suppose I'd lost a lot of money through post and packaging. I like how easy it would be to get rid of them, so I'm gonna try and see if I get a decent total.

Think i got £70 plus another £10 for some very old video games i threw in at the same time. Chucked them in an old box i had then shipped them off. They actually upgraded the condition of them from Good to Amost new so they're very generous on that imo.

Quick Reply

Latest