The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5360
Original post by manchesterunited15
In theory, as they have the quick touch, pass and move that you need. That's good, in 5 a side everyone has to be running around

That was 11 a side that I tracked back too much as basically left the striker isolated :biggrin: remember one season for my outside school football team scored like 16 goals and got 11 assists in 30 games, man I beasted that season :moon: did you ever hit any Scholes crackers? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
That was 11 a side that I tracked back too much as basically left the striker isolated :biggrin: remember one season for my outside school football team scored like 16 goals and got 11 assists in 30 games, man I beasted that season :moon: did you ever hit any Scholes crackers? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you actually get a decent number of games as a school team? We would play about 2 then get knocked out of the cup and that was that :rofl: played for teams outside school though.

Once or twice :wink: I never really shot that much tbh, I guess I'm more Carrick than Scholes :sad:
Was best player in team then stepped up a level and was **** (Marouane Fellaini crew)

Got relegated and reached cup final in the same season (Portsmouth crew)

Get about 2 goals a season (Tom Cleverley crew)

Played every single position at some point in my career (John O'Shea crew)

Say I'm strong when I'm actually fat (Wayne Rooney crew)

Everyone says I'm **** but I'm not (Joe Allen crew)
Original post by FKLW
Which circles did you guys used to run with in school? I presume there's no culture of that at Uni. I mean in terms of being a "nerd" or "cool kids" or somewhere in between- I.e your friendship circle.

I was one of the "cool kids" for a few years because I was on football team basically. Then one day it hit me that these guys just hold you back in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't cool or a nerd, tbh I don't even know what I actually was. I guess I was just in the middle. I went to a public school. I got along with most people in school, I didn't have beef with anyone. I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5364
Did you actually get a decent number of games as a school team? We would play about 2 then get knocked out of the cup and that was that :rofl: played for teams outside school though.

Once or twice :wink: I never really shot that much tbh, I guess I'm more Carrick than Scholes :sad:

That was same for us in school, we lost some games at one point like 13-0 :rofl2: those stats were for my outside school team where it was a league and had a good cup run that year, got to the final then destroyed 3-1 (United 2011 CL Final crew)

Lol das it mane, always better to pass than have a potshot :biggrin: do you have a good shot but pass it up or is it just not very good? My shooting game is weak (Coutinho crew) inside the box I'm on point though (Muller crew) Think I only scored like 3 times outside the box before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5365
Original post by Kruz
I wasn't cool or a nerd, tbh I don't even know what I actually was. I guess I was just in the middle. I went to a public school. I got along with most people in school, I didn't have beef with anyone. I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thought so, think most people on this website are like that tbh. That's the best place to be imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Yeah thought so, think most people on this website are like that tbh. That's the best place to be imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school was mainly situated in some middle class areas hardly any minorities in my year there's like 6 black kids, 2 Asians and 4 mixed race kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
That was same for us in school, we lost some games at one point like 13-0 :rofl2: those stats were for my outside school team where it was a league and had a good cup run that year, got to the final then destroyed 3-1 (United 2011 CL Final crew)

Lol das it mane, always better to pass than have a potshot :biggrin: do you have a good shot but pass it up or is it just not very good? My shooting game is weak (Coutinho crew) inside the box I'm on point though (Muller crew) Think I only scored like 3 times outside the box before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, yeah I had one season where I got about 15 goals then every other one got about 5 max (Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal crew)

My shot is decent but normally I would pass so people wouldn't get annoyed at me if I missed :rofl: I had some awful managers as well (whole United squad 13-14 crew)
Reply 5368
Original post by Kruz
My school was mainly situated in some middle class areas hardly any minorities in my year there's like 6 black kids, 2 Asians and 4 mixed race kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All you guys went to good schools man :lol: mine was in the middle of 2 council estates.

Brb only Asian in year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has this replaced The Dressing Room...? :holmes:
Reply 5370
Ah right, yeah I had one season where I got about 15 goals then every other one got about 5 max (Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal crew)

My shot is decent but normally I would pass so people wouldn't get annoyed at me if I missed :rofl: I had some awful managers as well (whole United squad 13-14 crew)

:biggrin: 5 goals ain't bad if you got GOAT strikers anyway (Madrid crew)

Lol I know them feels :lol: I always used to be nervous, by the end teammates would be shouting and swearing and I would just smile and ignore them :laugh: I agree on the manager front, beat in the cup by a lower league team one year (Hodgson at Anfield to Northampton crew).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
:biggrin: 5 goals ain't bad if you got GOAT strikers anyway (Madrid crew)

Lol I know them feels :lol: I always used to be nervous, by the end teammates would be shouting and swearing and I would just smile and ignore them :laugh: I agree on the manager front, beat in the cup by a lower league team one year (Hodgson at Anfield to Northampton crew).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can confirm I played with a guy who is now a pro :cool:

Yeah just gotta ignore it, there's always banter at football :tongue:
Original post by KingMessi
Has this replaced The Dressing Room...? :holmes:

:yep:
Reply 5373
Can confirm I played with a guy who is now a pro :cool:

Yeah just gotta ignore it, there's always banter at football :tongue:

So did I! (Andre wisdom crew)

Agreed haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
was managed by a former crystal palace player (srs)
Reply 5375
Played with Andre wisdom crew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
So did I! (Andre wisdom crew)

Agreed haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Srs? But he's 3 years older?
Original post by The Assassin
was managed by a former crystal palace player (srs)

Who? (mirin)
Original post by FKLW
All you guys went to good schools man :lol: mine was in the middle of 2 council estates.

Brb only Asian in year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Went to a catholic grammar school. angelus prayers erryday, felt good man. :cool:
:yep:

homo smiley face

Latest