The Student Room Group

Incredible women standing up against feminism

Wow. :adore:

https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism

A group of heroic women have been standing up and saying no to the increasingly radical feminist movement, taking a stand against their attempts to paint all women as victims who need special treatment.

I have my utmost respect for these women. Unlike feminists, who use feminist ideology to make excuses for and justify their own failings, these anti-feminist women are taking control of their lives and don't seek to blame others for bad things that happen to them.

I'm pleased this group is growing and gaining media attention. Hopefully, they can begin to stem the tide of young women damaging their futures by turning towards feminism, and can help to create a generation of confident and responsible young women who take responsibility for themselves and refuse to blame others.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The silence from TSR's feminist army on this issue is deafening. They know their days are numbered now that women are awakening to the dangers of feminism.
"TSR's feminist army" :laugh:
Reply 3
Original post by De Mortimer
"TSR's feminist army" :laugh:

I pity them. Most of them are too busy "fighting the patriarchy" to do something useful with their lives like get a job or start a business.

Your average female feminist probably earns less than your average female anti-feminist. Feminism creates a victim mentality among women that leads them to feel entitled to success rather than being willing to work towards it like anti-feminists are.
Isn't the big issue in feminism right now whether shaved armpits are a betrayal of womanhood?
Reply 5
Original post by imtelling
Isn't the big issue in feminism right now whether shaved armpits are a betrayal of womanhood?

It's one of their primary concerns. There's no practical reason why men should shave their facial hair, but you watch how women would complain if we all refused to shave.

Body hair is not attractive on women. Ever. It's not misogyny, it's just that we don't find it attractive. Sorry girls.
Original post by #Ridwan
It's one of their primary concerns. There's no practical reason why men should shave their facial hair, but you watch how women would complain if we all refused to shave.

Body hair is not attractive on women. Ever. It's not misogyny, it's just that we don't find it attractive. Sorry girls.

Armpit hair, leg hair and excessive minge hair are all no, no's on a girl.

I've thought for sometime now that modern feminists are just wannabe men; they seem to think that equality means copying the worst aspects of male behaviour, and i think this obsession with not shaving body hair is just another sub-conscious attempt to be more like men.

Show me feminist who wants to become less like man and i'll show you a real feminist.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm glad that decades of women before us weren't as stupid as to think that Feminism is a bad thing.
Reply 8
Original post by #Ridwan

A group of heroic women have been standing up and saying no to the increasingly radical feminist movement, taking a stand against their attempts to paint all women as victims who need special treatment.

I have my utmost respect for these women. Unlike feminists, who use feminist ideology to make excuses for and justify their own failings, these anti-feminist women are taking control of their lives and don't seek to blame others for bad things that happen to them.

I'm pleased this group is growing and gaining media attention. Hopefully, they can begin to stem the tide of young women damaging their futures by turning towards feminism, and can help to create a generation of confident and responsible young women who take responsibility for themselves and refuse to blame others.

Amazing :smile:

Feminism needs to burn, crash, and die already. It stands for nothing like it used to.
Reply 9
Armpit hair, leg hair and excessive minge hair are all no, no's on a girl.

I've thought for sometime now that modern feminists are just wannabe men; they seem to think that equality means copying the worst aspects of male behaviour, and i think this obsession with not shaving body hair is just another sub-conscious attempt to be more like men.

Show me feminist who wants to become less like man and i'll show you a real feminist.

But the only reason you find no hair attractive is because of societal pressures, trends and crafty advertising which led women to believe they needed to shave.
Original post by #Ridwan

I completely get Women Against Radical Feminism... but Women Against Feminism.. seriously? Feminism is just equality for women and men... that's women against equality; stupid.

Plus, these women wouldn't even have 'voices' to be against feminism if it wasn't for feminism!

Ridiculous.
Original post by i-love-coffee
I completely get Women Against Radical Feminism... but Women Against Feminism.. seriously? Feminism is just equality for women and men... that's women against equality; stupid.

Plus, these women wouldn't even have 'voices' to be against feminism if it wasn't for feminism!

Ridiculous.

Very well said. :yes:

Wow, I thought people were launching ad-hominems when they say that some men are stuck in the '60s.
Oh god... I don't admire these women simply because you just know this bs will go to extremes too. I swear there's always a few ***** within an activist group. I hate it because it means when you agree with ONE of their points your instantly grouped with the idiots e.g. I still think sexual harassment in the workplace is more of a problem for women.

Now you say that these days it's like "Oh she must be a feminazi". **** activist groups tbh. All they allow for is generalizations. I pity the first woman who agrees with an aspect of anti feminism in the presence of a feminazi.
Original post by ldsbabe
But the only reason you find no hair attractive is because of societal pressures, trends and crafty advertising which led women to believe they needed to shave.

Have you ever thought that woman started shaving in the first place because it was more attractive, and not because of some vast conspiracy by 'society'?

'Societal pressures' can only go so far. They can't make you believe that a dog turd is a mouth watering meal can they, no matter how hard the advertisers try.

Hairy women are repulsive to most men. This isn't a societal pressure, its ingrained.
(edited 9 years ago)
Have you ever thought that woman started shaving in the first place because it was more attractive, and not because of some vast conspiracy by 'society'?

'Societal pressures' can only go so far. They can't make you believe that a dog turd is a mouth watering meal can they, no matter how hard the advertisers try.

Hairy women are repulsive to most men. This isn't a societal pressure, its ingrained.

If you can find evidence of an historical aversion to armpit and pubic hair on women, then what you said would be true. At the moment it's mere speculation.
Reply 16
Original post by ldsbabe
I'm glad that decades of women before us weren't as stupid as to think that Feminism is a bad thing.

Feminism was a good thing in previous eras. Past feminists achieved what was necessary, so feminism can now be laid to rest (in Western countries, it's still necessary elsewhere).
I respect these women a lot. Feminism in modern forms effectively aims to boost women above men in employment and societal terms, saying that you do not want this makes these women the true egalitarians of our time in my opinion.
Also to all those saying that women being against feminism means they are against equality, that is not the case. I think you would find the vast, vast majority of people are for equality in the west, with a minority of people believing their gender is superior, with these people being misogynists, and a large number of people who currently identify as "feminists"
Original post by #Ridwan
Feminism was a good thing in previous eras. Past feminists achieved what was necessary, so feminism can now be laid to rest (in Western countries, it's still necessary elsewhere).

Who makes you the person to decide that feminism has come far enough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending